They just pop up randomly right? Nothing to note with the offering faction or anything? Seems like a weird place to get a mission. Even though it is likely completely random it would be nice if it were a covert initiation mission of some kind for TDW. However a massacre of helpless civilians doesnā€™t seem like something one would have to do to prove their integrity or skills.

I agree, massacre & assassination missions donā€™t fit their description in the codex. Yes, these missions are random after youā€™ve been in-system for about 30 minutes or more; as is the mission-related uss/trading beacon. Had two of those pop up when I was more than 0.75 ly out from Sol. Just reduces the immersion for me...

I was pushing Hutton Orbital Truckers in Alpha Centauri, and the mission giver woman said something likeā€ blah blah...We hope one day you will come to share our valuesā€, which seems like a possible clue. However I may have backed the wrong horse since I didnā€™t get any likely test offered (other than the strangely bugged ā€œrecover structural regulatorsā€ missions. Iā€™m wondering if it is Eden etc, whether TDW is one of the other factions there, or whether there is another possible interpretation of the toast. If the Sol hypothesis is correct then might be that the Triton permit is preventing us from finding Raxxla?

An ever-increasing spiral should give better coverage.
Yes of course but that would take an extremely long time. Weeks, months even. This is why we are trying to utilise potential clues to help direct our searches.

For example, some of us have been recently looking at the Dark Wheelā€™s (Alleged) toast;

ā€œTo the jewel that burns on the brow of the mother of galaxies!

To the whisperer in witchspace, the siren of the deepest void!

The parent's grief, the lover's woe, and the yearning of our vagabond hearts.

To Raxxla!ā€

We have put together a hypothesis that is as follows;

To the jewel that burns on the brow of the mother of galaxies! = SOL

To the whisperer in witchspace, the siren of the deepest void! = VENUS

The parent's grief, the lover's woe, and the yearning of our vagabond hearts. = PLUTO

To Raxxla! = RAXXLA?

The idea is that this toast refers to a path to follow, and that by a proper interpretation of each line we can hopefully find the path to Raxxla.

Now Raxxla may not be at the end of the path. The interpretation of the clues could be wrong as there are other potential interpretations (I have been looking into Pluto as a matter of fact, more on that later). The Toast itself could even be a red herring that serves no purpose but to send us on a wild goose chase.

But hey, regardless of the outcome, trying to puzzle it all out by researching these things and discussing them is a lot of fun and we get to learn a lot along the way.

Last edited:
Made an album of all the times I crossed paths with a Cora or a Persephone. Anyone else find passengers or contacts with these names?

A thing I'd like to note are the use of the last name Khachatryan. Kinda sounds like chatch-ya-tryin.
Giving Cora a ride in Art's ship sounded like passenger missions. I came to understand this a little more in depth later.
1st is from the Demeter Family to AO Qin. For those aware of my past with Demeter, AO Qin and Hades, this might be worth seeing.
This was the first time I found a Kora.

2nd is Persephone Hall going to the core. Sadly, for an unknown reason, I never took that mission. Facepalm.

The 3rd is from the Dahan system. Dahan is close to Ithaca, home of Odysseus and the system was featured in the recent Elite trailer, Bridging The Gap.
This scene starts on Dahan, this is the gif at 1:52 in the video: https://gfycat.com/crazyoblongjaguar
Dahan has 2 suspicious planet names. 1 is Wanderer and the other Hathor.
Demeter, Aganippe, Ao Qin and others feature in that clip even though my claims and that video are almost 1 year apart.

The 4th is from Exioce.
"One of many Imperial worlds that were terraformed during the last major Imperial expansion between 2950-3150, and there are numerous fine examples of architecture of the period. "
Exioce has a planet named Experiment and one named Democracy. There are 4 planets in game named Democracy.
Permit locked Tiliala, Exioce, Ross 986 and Zeaex.
All of those have interestingly named planets. Zeaex has one of the Cambridge planets, Cambridge's Hole. Recall that with the talk of "digging up pirate treasure" and the underworld themes, this Hole may indicate something.

The 4th is another Khachatryan this time out of Epsilon Eridani.
The 5th, is from Tau Ceti and leading to some pretty sweet lore locations.

The 6th if from Gurney Slade.
Gurney Slade is an old black and white British TV series and was worked on during investigating the Diamond Theories and Pink Floyd connections.
He was a nutter, but actually wiser than most.

"He appears to be a character in a typical family-oriented TV show who abruptly tires of the artificial environment he's apparently trapped in; the first episode opens with Slade breaking the fourth wall of a television sitcom and leaving the set, to the protestations of its director.
Slade spends the rest of the series simply wandering from one (generally sparse) environment to another, ruminating on life in an often free-associative way. During his wanderings, he sometimes encounters a range of odd people (and at least one talking dog [Sirius-My addition]), all of which may be entirely creations of his own imagination. At one point, Slade is put on trial for being a TV character who isn't funny; other episodes consistently introduce meta-fictional elements into the proceedings. The series concludes with a final episode in which Slade, in a TV studio, appears to be little more than a machine-like performer whose every move is controlled by outside forces."
It's definitely giving a watch and the series in linked above.

7th is from Sol.
8th N/A
9th Arcturus during my research on planets named Major and home to the Major+Discovery I feel is found there, with its 2 planets bearing those names.
This connects back to Van Maanen, AI, and ultimately to Tau Ceti.

10th is Groombridge 34. This was when I first began working on the 9 systems with planets named Gold and mountain named planets.

11th is Delkar. Not sure why.

12th is Merritt Base. Found this while researching stations named Merritt which is the name of the island the Apollo mission operated from in the later years.
But more so from researching Apollo and permit locked Gamma Velorum in the guardian bubble.

13th idk.

Cheers.

*Did not mean to jack the discussion. That posted as I was typing. My Apologies.

Last edited:
@GURU-951 All good mate, no need to apologise, this is a free space for any discussion.

I was recently in Ithaca system but never looked around Dahan. There was something curious about Ithaca besides the obvious ties to Odyssey (which I personally prefer over Iliad) that I could not put my finger on. Probably nothing but it is bookmarked as a favourite system in my list, definitely going to poke around there a bit more when I have time. Letā€™s just hope it doesnā€™t take me as long as it took Odysseus to get back ;)

As a side note, whilst looking into Dahan I found an old newsletter that mentioned the system. This same newsletter has some interesting information about The Pilots Federation. It specifically states that The Dark Wheel is a ā€œcliqueā€ of the Pilots Federation, which is probably old news for some of you guys. I had heard this before but had never found anything official that said as much until just now.

See below for the link:

You're deep in the rabbit-hole there Guruā€¦.leave some breadcrumbs back to reality just in case :)

Been wondering, if I was DB or MB and I was placing Raxxla in the game in the first place...would I place it somewhere specific with lore meaning or would I just let It be generated randomly somewhere and then know where it is?

If lore related would I just set a distance say 1KLY radius and put it in there? How much would I 'bend' the lore as was...near Soontil for example not near Lave?

I think we have all the in-game mechanics needed and can work out how the DW contacts us....if they do or have yet or if they are waiting for a certain date is debateable.....and hopefully how to find Raxxla when we are in system if we can get into the system.

Text from BluWolve link above. So good Ive copied it here, to me it clears up what DB was talking about in that video from some pages back where he mentioned the 'defaced' British Standard flag. Also puts the DW where I thought they were, separate group inside the PF & the EPF. EPF are described as having FW 'run exclusively for the benefit of their members' which links in to the old lore about a group finding and exploiting Raxxla for their own ends and the DW rising to try and stop them. (hence the killing of Alex father and the rest, I think they just tied the 2 lores together and moved Raxxla, unless it is in FW somehow which I doubt) If true it could mean the DW in FW is trying to oppose the EPF and overthrow them somehow....its a long shot.

Badge of Honour

As a recent inductee to the Pilots Federation, there are some things you need to know about your new organization.

Formed in 2805 after the great surge in private ownership of smaller starships, the Pilots Federation soon found a role as a conduit for trade route information exchange between trusted pilots and provided the infrastructure for a mutual protection scheme against the rising scourge of interstellar pirates.

Planet-siders began to distrust the generally itinerant nature of starship captains, who always seemed willing and able to jump to a new system before the law caught up with them. The Pilots Federationā€™s zero tolerance policy of dishonourable behaviour amongst its members is enforced by a system of bounties automatically placed on the heads of transgressors.

This built a galaxy-wide respect for the badge, which then started to be worn with pride by members. However, the organizationā€™s official adoption of the 9-level ā€˜kill tallyā€™ ranking system (Harmless through to the coveted Elite status) ensured the Pilots Federation retained a level of blood-thirsty notoriety.

Over the centuries the Pilots Federation has remained secretive in nature and neutral in conflicts, and has grown into one of the dominant financial superpowers of the galaxy through its GalNet data network. Originally a star chart, ship data and bounty management system, GalNet has evolved into an effective galactic infrastructure and content monopoly on news, market pricing and communication systems. This has not been without controversy, with periodic claims of data hoarding and abuse of its position.

Itā€™s not surprising that an organization founded on status, and with such influence and power, has several cliques (The Dark Wheel being the most infamous). Or that those of Elite rank have further exploited their status and the incredible demand for their services, by forming an organization within an organization; the Elite Pilots Federation.

Relentless, increasingly well organized piracy and the need to maintain their reputation and influence as the best of the best caused the Elite Pilots Federation to start opening its membership to candidates from the Deadly rank who were able to pass a rigorous test and then, as demand continued to soar, to those from the Dangerous rank.

The Pilots Federation has eschewed being tied to any particular system in favour of roaming the stars. With one exception ā€“ the Founders World.

The elusive Founders World system is governed by the Elite Pilots Federation, and run exclusively for the benefit of their members. Its location is closely guarded, heavily protected, and the subject of extensive misinformation on GalNet.

Maybe one day youā€™ll be one of the Elite who get to go thereā€¦

Text from BluWolve link above. So good Ive copied it here, to me it clears up what DB was talking about in that video from some pages back where he mentioned the 'defaced' British Standard flag. Also puts the DW where I thought they were, separate group inside the PF & the EPF. EPF are described as having FW 'run exclusively for the benefit of their members' which links in to the old lore about a group finding and exploiting Raxxla for their own ends and the DW rising to try and stop them. (hence the killing of Alex father and the rest, I think they just tied the 2 lores together and moved Raxxla, unless it is in FW somehow which I doubt) If true it could mean the DW in FW is trying to oppose the EPF and overthrow them somehow....its a long shot.

Badge of Honour

As a recent inductee to the Pilots Federation, there are some things you need to know about your new organization.

Formed in 2805 after the great surge in private ownership of smaller starships, the Pilots Federation soon found a role as a conduit for trade route information exchange between trusted pilots and provided the infrastructure for a mutual protection scheme against the rising scourge of interstellar pirates.

Planet-siders began to distrust the generally itinerant nature of starship captains, who always seemed willing and able to jump to a new system before the law caught up with them. The Pilots Federationā€™s zero tolerance policy of dishonourable behaviour amongst its members is enforced by a system of bounties automatically placed on the heads of transgressors.

This built a galaxy-wide respect for the badge, which then started to be worn with pride by members. However, the organizationā€™s official adoption of the 9-level ā€˜kill tallyā€™ ranking system (Harmless through to the coveted Elite status) ensured the Pilots Federation retained a level of blood-thirsty notoriety.

Over the centuries the Pilots Federation has remained secretive in nature and neutral in conflicts, and has grown into one of the dominant financial superpowers of the galaxy through its GalNet data network. Originally a star chart, ship data and bounty management system, GalNet has evolved into an effective galactic infrastructure and content monopoly on news, market pricing and communication systems. This has not been without controversy, with periodic claims of data hoarding and abuse of its position.

Itā€™s not surprising that an organization founded on status, and with such influence and power, has several cliques (The Dark Wheel being the most infamous). Or that those of Elite rank have further exploited their status and the incredible demand for their services, by forming an organization within an organization; the Elite Pilots Federation.

Relentless, increasingly well organized piracy and the need to maintain their reputation and influence as the best of the best caused the Elite Pilots Federation to start opening its membership to candidates from the Deadly rank who were able to pass a rigorous test and then, as demand continued to soar, to those from the Dangerous rank.

The Pilots Federation has eschewed being tied to any particular system in favour of roaming the stars. With one exception ā€“ the Founders World.

The elusive Founders World system is governed by the Elite Pilots Federation, and run exclusively for the benefit of their members. Its location is closely guarded, heavily protected, and the subject of extensive misinformation on GalNet.

Maybe one day youā€™ll be one of the Elite who get to go thereā€¦
But why is TDW ā€œinfamousā€? The codex description of them doesnā€™t give that impression. I think FD have confused themselves in retconning the lore; theyā€™ve certainly confused me!

Spent a bit of time messing around Pluto again, but as I am Iā€™m currently in an unarmed paper thin exploration Asp (Triffidus Celestus) I donā€™t really have the means to hack the Delphi Control Chapter. I must remember to bring the Python (Aurelia) out next time, when I have a day off work next maybe.

Dropped in to New Horizons this evening, so cool! I have been meaning to visit it and also the two Voyager probes, never got around to it before and since I was in Sol I figured it is as good a time as any.

Have to finish up for the night but trying to decide which direction to cruise in from Pluto after I am done sight seeing. Any suggestions?

Edit: I am leaning towards Tau Ceti but I canā€™t recall if anyone has tried heading that way from Sol yet?

Last edited:
But why is TDW ā€œinfamousā€? The codex description of them doesnā€™t give that impression. I think FD have confused themselves in retconning the lore; theyā€™ve certainly confused me!
Just speculating here, but it could be that since the Codex is created by the PF, they could paint TDW in a favourable light if it suited them. Especially if TDW is really part of the PF.

Is there any mention of the EFP in the codex at all? The EFP sound like they are more secretive than TDW which is interesting in my opinion. The only mention of them in game I know of is from Tourist Beacons.

Edit: Could it be possible that TDW minor faction we have in game is a smokescreen created by the PF, designed to throw people of the trail of the real Dark Wheel, aka the EFP?

Or, The actual Dark Wheel is known these days as the Pilots Federation, with the Circle of Independent Elite Pilots now being the known as Elite Federation of Pilots?

Or am I over thinking and over complicating? Probably...

Head spinning trying to wrap my head around the ifs and buts, gotta give this some more thought.

Last edited:
The purpose of this is to see if there is anything to find way way out from entry point. Problem is, the further out you get, the bigger the area you havent checked becomes

raxxla existed from day 1 in the game, if you believe braben. back then discovery scanning was infinite so if a stellar body was in the "system" then it would show up.

The only way it would not is if raxxla was instead a POI. Since that would only appear within a certain range of it. Nobody's gonna stop you from wasting time but if you believe something is that far out and thus outside of the view of the system map, then such things could exist in any system, and it's position would be completely guesswork, giving you a sphere of searching that is physically impossibly too large to map.

If we also believe braben, and we must since we are assuming raxxla is in the game like he said, he also said there would be no hints or clues in the game as to where it is.
This implies that it's located somewhere not implied by anything noted in the game or books. Instead, it's just placed somewhere, likely without any rhyme or reason except that it is somehow accessible to players should they happen to find it and scan it in a way that would identify it as being special and probably raxxla. It's not meant to be found, except by random chance ....so 1 in a few hundreds of billion chance of crossing the planet that is raxxla, rather than a puzzle a smart person can figure out with the right clues.

Firstly, Raxxla will be a cool discovery, once discovered, however, since Raxxla and the Dark Wheel are not considered cannon to Elite, don't expect the following:

A.) It will be functional
B.) There will be a warrior race called the Raxxlans protecting it (although that would be cool)
C.) That you can scan, or discover it.

Point ā€œCā€ brings me to a sub-point. I think weā€™re looking in the wrong fashion. I donā€™t think itā€™s going to be some object you honk, scan and find in the traditional manner. It might be a signal source, or only observable by eyes. If either of those are the case, it can literally be in any system, within the bubble, under our very noses.
Now, Iā€™m not superhuman with a photographic memory, but throughout the past 3-4 years, here are the tiny snippets I remember being uttered on Twitter, responses in Forums (by Fdev) and, of course, on live feed:

ā€¢ Raxxla has been ā€œvisitableā€ since 2015 and does not require a special ship or permit to access. Anyone can visit it. - when responding to a Twitter question asking if a special ship/ requirement was needed to access it.

ā€¢ Raxxla is out there, and we, FDEV, know where it is. ā€“ Everyone knows this one

ā€¢ :) - Was the facial expression FDEV wore when officially responding to someone asking if it was in a bubble, during a live feed. This lead some to believe it was in some nebula shaped like a smiley face/ grin, but I donā€™t think they meant it as a literal message, but more like a ā€œwouldnā€™t it be a funny thing?ā€

ā€¢ Raxxla is within range of an unmodified Cobra - This last one I am not super sure on its origins, but it popped up in a forum. Since I subscribe to the idea that itā€™s closer than we think, I believe it. In the thread, it did leave some to estimate, based on this fact, that the maximum fuel range of an unmodified Cobra coincides with the distance Sol is from Polaris, and figured it could be there. But that goes against the idea that Raxxla does not requiring a permit and has been visitable this entire time.

ā€¢ Raxxla is not connected to the gameā€™s biggest discovery ā€“ I donā€™t remember the origins on this one...again, like the one above it, it came from a thread referencing another thread...which referenced the source. Iā€™m fine with this idea, as, once again, donā€™t expect Raxxla to be functional in this game, but more an Easter egg...and so only reaffirms what I've felt to be the case. The gameā€™s largest secret is likely to be something more Thargoid, or Guardian connected. Perhaps a new level of witch space travel. Or a homeworld.

All in all?
I believe Raxxla is close. Really close.
Some obsessed people who know the story of Raxxla have done the table work, based on the story, how fast it can travel and any guess(?) work I have seen done on it, again, supports the idea that itā€™s still quite within the bubble. Meaning, Raxxla doesnā€™t travel witch space, but more the equivalent of Supercruise, Iā€™m guessing. We need to change the way weā€™re looking. A few of the more creative comments I have seen made was that it may be hidden in an asteroid belt, and a separate one stating that it does not follow planetary body orbits, but more or less sits statically, on its own, and only moves enough to maintain alignment with Andromedaā€¦which supports the ideas of it not being your typical honk and scan body.

Last edited:
the unmodified cobra thing is under the assumption that it was placed in a system that corresponds to the lore of the actual original discoverer. since that was the type of ship he flew.

However, since we dont know the means of what makes it so hard to find compared to everything else. .. and that misjumps are a thing but not in the game. It could be that the orginal discovery was made via a misjump and thus, once he made it out back to civilized space, he was unable to figure out just which system he was in...maybe due to a navigation computer error. As opposed to just willingly keeping it secret and never telling anyone. So it could be further than an unmodified cobra ... The cobra thing is fan theory.

The Cobra thing is a confusion between Raxxla and the Formidine Rift mystery/stories of Drew Wagar, where Rebecca (& Luko) flew an old style Cobra.

If you truly think there are no clues, and Raxxla was placed at random amongst 400 billion star systems in ED, then youā€™re wasting your time visiting this thread šŸ˜

it does appear that there is no reference to jason ryder as having flown a cobra when supposedly discovering raxxla, or that he even did discover raxxla rather than just be the only named canonical member of the dark wheel (at least used to be canon)... Though this book that features all this talk has a cobra on the cover, so readers may have assumed that the go-to ship when venturing out into the unknown would be a cobra ...and that's what would have been flown when discovering raxxla. But yea, looks like mixing stories.

the last thing mentioned above about raxxla not being part of the current biggest discovery may have to do with refuting the other ex-canon book that mentioned that raxxla was instead Soontil and it's just been exaggerated and changed via word of mouth retellings. It's a shame this is not what is actually being acknowledged by fdev as it would make the most sense and be the most believable option.

Top Bottom