I'm curious about Raxxia and though I've not read every thing possible about it, I can't help but wonder if anyone you more serious hunter have ever checked out the system that is locked behind a CQC progress or level basically a curtain of sorts. Apparently the name of the system is Attilius and has to my knowledge at least one orbit station.

Did some basic research and though I've found some cmdr's that have unlocked the permit needed to enter. Only utilize it for it hughs discounts. Non of them do any exploration or had thoughts of Raxxia while there.
This is messed up. Cqc is so glitched out on ps4 that its not playable. Or at least it was so bad no one plays it anymore even if they did fix it. Ive sat trying to get in a match for an hour before. Its sad really. Fdev doesn't care about us console players very much is the impression they're giving its been like a year and a half. They dont even acknowledge it as far as i can tell.

Tl;dr no Raxxla for console 😫

Last edited:
I managed to get up to Friendly with them today actually.

It gets a bit complicated though.

I believe the ‘goid killing combat bonds increases reputation with Pilots Federation, which is kind of like a superpower I guess.

Then there are minor factions that have Pilots Federation listed under allegiance, like others may have Federation/Empire/Alliance.

The Pilots’ Federation Local Branch is the minor faction that operates out of Shin Dez. You also have the Pilots’ Federation Administration in the new player systems. Also CQC Holdings minor faction. There may be more I am missing.

Increasing reputation with these minor factions may also increase the hidden Pilots Federation rep as well? Surely there have been those that have had this rep at max, but maybe having this rep at max unlocks access or an opportunity or something that has been missed?

Mmm, must have missed something. What hidden rank? Where was this discussed/found?
But it would be very good FD obfuscation to have different factions/cliques of PF with slightly different spellings!

Edit: ninja’d- so it turns up when youhand in goid bonds. That would fit with DB’s statement that FD knew why people hadn’t found Raxxla yet since goids weren’t around then. It looks like we need a study into the various cliques/spellings of PF! “Wheels within wheels”! - perhaps we need to get allied with one or all to start getting the unknown permits which are the treasure trail to Raxxla, since some part of PF controls the permits system.

But I don’t see any link of this hypothesis to the codex toast clue...

Edit2: changing BB supplier this afternoon so I expect to be incommunicado until tomorrow (if all goes well!)

Last edited:
This is messed up. Cqc is so glitched out on ps4 that its not playable. Or at least it was so bad no one plays it anymore even if they did fix it. Ive sat trying to get in a match for an hour before. Its sad really. Fdev doesn't care about us console players very much is the impression they're giving its been like a year and a half. They dont even acknowledge it as far as i can tell.

It has been like that with Xbox from the start as well, close to impossible to get a match by random chance, solely due to lack of interest from players. No one plays it because there is so much more to do in the base game and not really enough incentive to play CQC.

The only way I was able to play it as much as I did was by organising sessions with friends. There used to be some clubs around that would have weekly CQC matches as well. I suggest trying to look up or organise something similar if you are really keen on CQC. It is a shame that there isn’t anymore incentive to play it as it was a lot of fun.

I would have discussions with the people I used to play with about what could be done to increase CQC popularity. More base game rewards other than the measly credit rewards was the main request.

Some of my favourites that we had discussed were;
An Incursion type horde mode around the CQC assets with waves of NPC enemies and the final boss being a Capital class ship.
Being able to take your own ships into CQC for testing out specific builds and the like.
Multicrew only 1v1 mode.
SRV modes.
Race modes.
CQC available in the base game around some of the installation assets or specific stations.

Haha kind of got a bit off topic there sorry but damn I really think CQC could have been amazing if it just got a little more attention.

Last edited:
Mmm, must have missed something. What hidden rank? Where was this discussed/found?
But it would be very good FD obfuscation to have different factions/cliques of PF with slightly different spellings!

Edit: ninja’d- so it turns up when youhand in goid bonds. That would fit with DB’s statement that FD knew why people hadn’t found Raxxla yet since goids weren’t around then. It looks like we need a study into the various cliques/spellings of PF! “Wheels within wheels”! - perhaps we need to get allied with one or all to start getting the unknown permits which are the treasure trail to Raxxla, since some part of PF controls the permits system.

But I don’t see any link of this hypothesis to the codex toast clue...

Edit2: changing BB supplier this afternoon so I expect to be incommunicado until tomorrow (if all goes well!)
No real link to the toast clue as far as I can tell at first glance, unless of course the PF is TRDW ¯\(ツ)/¯ It can’t hurt to increase reputation with the various PF factions in any case.

I have collected a bunch of permits throughout my career, but never worked specifically on the PF factions. I find the best way for me personally to avoid burning out is to just dump my explo data and donate credits in between doing other stuff as opposed to purely focusing on raising the rep with a faction, but that is clearly not the most efficient or fastest way.

The thing that is unique about the PilotsFederation combat bonds is that they appear to increase reputation with a superpower version of the PF, similar to Fed/Imp/Alliance combat bonds. Not sure if there is any real benefit to ranking this up, but since I am already doing some AX activities I will keep an eye on it.

Last edited:
Off Topic - CQC

You on XB or PS4? XB I keep trying to get a regular match together on XB....apparently usually one Friday eve IGT 18.00-20.00 approx. but haven't tried it yet. I go for late afternoon, evening (both for Europe timezone) and late night 21.00 onwards for US timezone. Had friends who have played early morning and caught US players still on. I always start in DM, never managed TDM or CTF yet. Would help if there was a 'X players waiting in Y lobby' info tab.

A Lot of instancing issues sometimes, rubber banding or seemingly no damage given at times but other times works fine so I just put up with it.

Use discord as well, one for each platform: https://discord.me/elitedangerouscqc

Next post will be on topic, see post 13,872 (don't make me look like an idiot now :) )

A number of pages back we were discussing the possibility of starting a player faction named “The Dark Wheel” to try and test out Flick Farseer’s beliefs about the existence of TDW.
Oh, they're out there alright. I've never met them, but I know they're out there. Think about how well known the stories are. Now think about how easy it would be for some two-bit band of hucksters to pass themselves off as the Dark Wheel and start trading on their reputation. Doesn't happen, does it? Not for long, anyway. Whenever someone tries to usurp the Dark Wheel name, sooner or later they get quietly shut down. And that's how I know.

If you don’t remember the discussion, there was already a player squadron with that name.

I submitted an application to join them and they have accepted it, allowing me into their ranks.

This tells me straight up they are not the real deal, confirming my suspicions. As we already know TDW does not accept applications. It has also allowed me to see the names of the 3 people in the squadron already, and there recent activity for the season leaderboards, and there isn’t really anything noteworthy.
Edit: Turns out they didn’t actually accept my application, the squadron leader and the other two members have not been online for months. It must just have been a bug/glitch with the web site squadron look up tool. Seems you can see all the info as if you were a member just by applying. When I checked in game it still says application pending.

I salute them for creating the squadron in the first place. A cool little just for fun role play squadron, but nothing more to it than that I’m afraid.

There is no squadron named “Dark Wheel”, “Pilots federation” “Elite Federation of Pilots” or “Circle of Independent Elite Pilots” though...

@Vetinari
Im on XB if you want to send me a friend request, I will be happy to fill a spot for CQC if I am able. I work on a rotating roster with odd irregular hours, so can’t promise to always be available though.

Last edited:
A number of pages back we were discussing the possibility of starting a player faction named “The Dark Wheel” to try and test out Flick Farseer’s beliefs about the existence of TDW.
Oh, they're out there alright. I've never met them, but I know they're out there. Think about how well known the stories are. Now think about how easy it would be for some two-bit band of hucksters to pass themselves off as the Dark Wheel and start trading on their reputation. Doesn't happen, does it? Not for long, anyway. Whenever someone tries to usurp the Dark Wheel name, sooner or later they get quietly shut down. And that's how I know.

If you don’t remember the discussion, there was already a player squadron with that name.

I submitted an application to join them and they have accepted it, allowing me into their ranks.

This tells me straight up they are not the real deal, confirming my suspicions. As we already know TDW does not accept applications. It has also allowed me to see the names of the 3 people in the squadron already, and there recent activity for the season leaderboards, and there isn’t really anything noteworthy.

I salute them for creating the squadron in the first place. A cool little just for fun role play squadron, but nothing more to it than that I’m afraid.

There is no squadron named “Dark Wheel”, “Pilots federation” “Elite Federation of Pilots” or “Circle of Independent Elite Pilots” though...

@Vetinari
Im on XB if you want to send me a friend request, I will be happy to fill a spot for CQC if I am able. I work on a rotating roster with odd irregular hours, so can’t promise to always be available though.

There have been various players who have set up and disbanded similar squadrons on Xbox & PC as an attempt to reach out to Fdev, to see if something happens. Some of them have mentioned it in the IRH discord as well.

im surprised there isn't a dedicated squadron for this search for raxxla thread already. or maybe there is one that i missed? i would have loved to chat speculations and tinfoil in game, while doing game activities. would have been nice 😄

edit: on a second thought, i can see why there wouldn't be one. squadrons aren't multi-platform and we would be devided between xbox, pc and ps4. also any big advancements on there would have been missed by people who aren't loged in. while on a forum, everything stays documented for people who join in late to read. ah well. forum it is!

to raxxla!
o7

Last edited:
There have been various players who have set up and disbanded similar squadrons on Xbox & PC as an attempt to reach out to Fdev, to see if something happens. Some of them have mentioned it in the IRH discord as well.
Fair enough, I didn’t realise that. Thanks for the heads up o7

Do you know if any of them attempted to get a minor faction in the game? That was the main goal of starting a squadron called The Dark Wheel - to try and create a Minor faction that essentially uses The Dark Wheel’s name. A two-bit band of hucksters passing themselves off as the Dark Wheel and trading off their reputation. Having a squadron with at least 10 people is one of the prerequisites of creating an in game minor faction.
We were discussing it back here;

im surprised there isn't a dedicated squadron for this search for raxxla thread already. or maybe there is one that i missed? i would have loved to chat speculations and tinfoil in game, while doing game activities. would have been nice 😄
Likewise! Does anyone have a squadron setup? I would definitely want to join it if it exists. If not, why don’t we set one up?

First thing I did when I saw squadrons were a thing was search for a Rifters squadron haha but that thread was wrapped up with the Rift mystery I guess.

Last edited:

edit: on a second thought, i can see why there wouldn't be one. squadrons aren't multi-platform and we would be devided between xbox, pc and ps4. also any big advancements on there would have been missed by people who aren't loged in. while on a forum, everything stays documented for people who join in late to read. ah well. forum it is!

to raxxla!
o7

We discussed forming a squadron when they were introduced into game, however we couldn’t agree on a name and it quietly slipped down the back of the sofa 😁

I still like “Questers”!

But since we only very rarely come together in a united attempt to explore a hypothesis, and are usually busy checking out our own ideas, it was a moot point anyway!

No real link to the toast clue as far as I can tell at first glance, unless of course the PF is TRDW ¯\(ツ)/¯ It can’t hurt to increase reputation with the various PF factions in any case.

I have collected a bunch of permits throughout my career, but never worked specifically on the PF factions. I find the best way for me personally to avoid burning out is to just dump my explo data and donate credits in between doing other stuff as opposed to purely focusing on raising the rep with a faction, but that is clearly not the most efficient or fastest way.

The thing that is unique about the PilotsFederation combat bonds is that they appear to increase reputation with a superpower version of the PF, similar to Fed/Imp/Alliance combat bonds. Not sure if there is any real benefit to ranking this up, but since I am already doing some AX activities I will keep an eye on it.

Well, as someone pointed out only yesterday (or was it the day before?) Dark Wheel is a clique of PF! So all we have to do is find the correct clique, build rank, and pass the test....

I had not noticed there were different spellings of PF, which to me does strongly suggest they are different factions. Although FD are not known for accurate spelling this seems too important to be a mistake, especially if they are running different ranking bars. Can we run a confirmation check between this goid hunting rank and the rank for the Shin Dez faction?. Elite Premonition by DW was FD-sponsored and stated TDW is an organisation of “wheels within wheels” and the faction in Shin Dez was just “spinning on the outer rim”. Can we list all the spelling variations? If I understand the spellings so far, we have:

1) PilotsFederation who cashes goid hunting bonds (not done any of that myself, but could be a good test of skill & courage, though I don’t hear of any test mission invitation for it nor any relation to the toast but that might be a later phase once allied with the right faction.
2) Pilots Federation in Shin Dez (these cannot be a fake, since they have not been “quietly closed down” as per Felicity’s thinking, but they might well be part of the obfuscation....

Any others?

Well, as someone pointed out only yesterday (or was it the day before?) Dark Wheel is a clique of PF! So all we have to do is find the correct clique, build rank, and pass the test....

I had not noticed there were different spellings of PF, which to me does strongly suggest they are different factions. Although FD are not known for accurate spelling this seems too important to be a mistake, especially if they are running different ranking bars. Can we run a confirmation check between this goid hunting rank and the rank for the Shin Dez faction?. Elite Premonition by DW was FD-sponsored and stated TDW is an organisation of “wheels within wheels” and the faction in Shin Dez was just “spinning on the outer rim”. Can we list all the spelling variations? If I understand the spellings so far, we have:

1) PilotsFederation who cashes goid hunting bonds (not done any of that myself, but could be a good test of skill & courage, though I don’t hear of any test mission invitation for it nor any relation to the toast but that might be a later phase once allied with the right faction.
2) Pilots Federation in Shin Dez (these cannot be a fake, since they have not been “quietly closed down” as per Felicity’s thinking, but they might well be part of the obfuscation....

Any others?
I think the missing space in PilotsFederation was likely just because it was using the variable name from the code, or just a typo in the name in the code. Could be wrong...

Also, as we're all members of the Pilots Federation, technically any clique of group we have is a clique or group within the Pilots Federation. Consequently, not sure how much we should read into the statement that TDW is a clique within the PF.

I think the missing space in PilotsFederation was likely just because it was using the variable name from the code, or just a typo in the name in the code. Could be wrong...

Also, as we're all members of the Pilots Federation, technically any clique of group we have is a clique or group within the Pilots Federation. Consequently, not sure how much we should read into the statement that TDW is a clique within the PF.

You may be correct and it’s a typo/spelling mistake, FD make many of those, but it could also be deliberately subtle obfuscation; I’d certainly never noticed it before! So we should test it. If PilotsFederation is the same faction as The Pilots Federation in Shinrarta then the current rank from Shinrarta should match any rank from Goid hunting, there should be no increase. If not then they are different, which could be meaningful.

From EDSM searching on “Pilot” in Minor Factions I see:

Pilots Federation Local Branch - Democracy
Pilots’ Federation Local Branch - Democracy
Pilots’ Federation Administration - Corporate
PilotsFederation - suspiciously no detail!
The Pilots Federation (in Shinrarta) - Democracy.

This just seems like “wheels within wheels” we know from Premonition applies to TDW! Seems like FD might have given is another clue there! The one with no detail sounds like it might be TDW hub and the one to pursue.

Last edited:
You may be correct and it’s a typo/spelling mistake, FD make many of those, but it could also be deliberately subtle obfuscation; I’d certainly never noticed it before! So we should test it. If PilotsFederation is the same faction as The Pilots Federation in Shinrarta then the current rank from Shinrarta should match any rank from Goid hunting, there should be no increase. If not then they are different, which could be meaningful.

From EDSM searching on “Pilot” in Minor Factions I see:

Pilots’ Federation Local Branch - Democracy
Pilots’ Federation Administration - Corporate
PilotsFederation - suspiciously no detail!
The Pilots Federation (in Shinrarta) - Democracy.

This just seems like “wheels within wheels” we know from Premonition applies to TDW! Seems like FD might have given is another clue there! The one with no detail sounds like it might be TDW hub and the one to pursue.
I think it's just two expressions of the same thing in two different context (both within the context of game mechanics). PilotsFederation is for things that apply at the equivalent of the Superpower level, and The Pilots Federation is for things that apply at local/Faction level. Can't say for sure of course, but that's always been my take on it.

Do we still see the PilotsFederation info by the way? (Can't remember if it was just a temporary thing or is still going on.)

Factions.jpg

Inara has a slightly different list of factions beginning 'Pilot'

Note two differnt spellings of Local branch with and without apostrophe. Maybe it was fixed in a a patch..

PFA - they run the starter zone. PFLB in Shidez (no apostrophe name has no systems..)

Last edited:
I think it's just two expressions of the same thing in two different context (both within the context of game mechanics). PilotsFederation is for things that apply at the equivalent of the Superpower level, and The Pilots Federation is for things that apply at local/Faction level. Can't say for sure of course, but that's always been my take on it.

Do we still see the PilotsFederation info by the way? (Can't remember if it was just a temporary thing or is still going on.)

Just amended my last post, found another one! Those were taken from EDSM list of minor factions (not player factions). Never knew about PilotsFederation spelling before. If it’s ranking is only related to goid kills that seems significant.

View attachment 154048

Inara has a slightly different list of factions beginning 'Pilot'

Note two differnt spellings of Local branch with and without apostrophe. Maybe it was fixed in a a patch..

PFA - they run the starter zone. PFLB in Shidez (no apostrophe name has no systems..)
Yeah, I'd imagine the apostrophe thing has changed within FD, and possibly even just been put in differently by different people depending on how they've interpreted the term. Tough one in a way - is it a Federation composed of Pilots or a Federation belonging to Pilots. There'e every chance that there isn't a definitive answer.

Top Bottom