Glowing Green Giants - The Definitive List

Seeing mention of "GMG 2.0" planets, is this beastie worthy of note..? (If so, I'm going to have to dig back through my flight log and track down where it was - I didn't note it at the time...)

EKqRHkaWkAAYK6_.jpg:large

Well, speaking of the "new GMGs ", I've seen such a screenshot recently. However, the commander, that made it, is still in a process of getting closer to the civilized space to get his tags.
83261x3329.jpg
Seeing these colorful big boi's makes me really want to get back out into the black. Maybe I will find my 3rd Glowing Green Gas Giant.

Third?!? How the heck are you finding them? I can't find one. 🤪😭😫
I accidentally discovered GGG #15. I found out about that one in this thread when someone posted a pic of the system and I saw my commander name (Babaa Yaga) on it. The second one was a race with Commander Starsong who had a CODEX tipper of two GGG's. He claimed GGG #18 (Synookio EI-J d9-1 ). He beat me by minutes claiming the data. I went on to Cryaa Ain ZJ-R e4-4 (GGG #19). The commander that stumbled across it and got the CODEX entry didn't get his map data in first and I did, so my second GGG is logged in the game. The second one isn't too impressive except for the fact that there are pink and green glowing boogers on the planet.

I accidentally discovered GGG #15. I found out about that one in this thread when someone posted a pic of the system and I saw my commander name (Babaa Yaga) on it. The second one was a race with Commander Starsong who had a CODEX tipper of two GGG's. He claimed GGG #18 (Synookio EI-J d9-1 ). He beat me by minutes claiming the data. I went on to Cryaa Ain ZJ-R e4-4 (GGG #19). The commander that stumbled across it and got the CODEX entry didn't get his map data in first and I did, so my second GGG is logged in the game. The second one isn't too impressive except for the fact that there are pink and green glowing boogers on the planet.
Hold on, let me get this straight. You discovered GGG #15 sometime before Chapter Four, it was later scanned for the Codex by someone else. Your total number of new GGGs discovered: 1.
Then recently, CMDR Qube_Nico discovered Cryaa Ain ZJ-R e-4 on Sept. 15, and CMDR Dormus discovered Synookio EI-J d9-1 on Sept. 17, and both were automatically added to the Codex. CMDR Starsong saw these Codex entries, passed the info on to you, so you both knew that new GGGs were discovered. The two of you raced there to tag the bodies if the original discoverers didn't do it yet, and you managed to swipe the tags from them.
So, your total number of new GGGs discovered: 1. Which is still a lot more than most people do have :)

If you are claiming that you discovered something that you already knew was there because someone else found and uploaded it first (with the Codex, they don't have a choice), just because you sniped the tags from the discoverer... that's dishonest.
But if you aren't, then that's fine.

If you are claiming that you discovered something that you already knew was there because someone else found and uploaded it first (with the Codex, they don't have a choice), just because you sniped the tags from the discoverer... that's dishonest.

Have I mentioned my dislike of the Codex recently, for this very reason (amongst others!)

Yeah. Now that we do have some instantaneous data sale, it would be better if we could turn that off to delay it, or if we could equip a module to sell our exploration data instantly, just for less credits. Like, say, 10% of the sale value.

But well, things are as they are. At least it's good to know that there are people watching Codex finds to get the tags from their discoverers. That means that if you found something good and care about getting the tags, it's best to drop everything and race to the nearest station to sell the data.

One of my ideas for selling data in the field was to allow us to equip data drones that would launch from hardpoints, non-reloadable in the field, but would let you sell your data instantly for maybe 50% less. This would mean you'd have to be careful about when to use them, and the financial hit would be a disincentive for over-use. I was told by many people that this would make it too easy, and explorers were already lazy enough as it was. ;) (plus, people pointed out that after selling your data, you could just suicide home).

Hold on, let me get this straight. You discovered GGG #15 sometime before Chapter Four, it was later scanned for the Codex by someone else. Your total number of new GGGs discovered: 1.
Then recently, CMDR Qube_Nico discovered Cryaa Ain ZJ-R e-4 on Sept. 15, and CMDR Dormus discovered Synookio EI-J d9-1 on Sept. 17, and both were automatically added to the Codex. CMDR Starsong saw these Codex entries, passed the info on to you, so you both knew that new GGGs were discovered. The two of you raced there to tag the bodies if the original discoverers didn't do it yet, and you managed to swipe the tags from them.
So, your total number of new GGGs discovered: 1. Which is still a lot more than most people do have :)

But if you aren't, then that's fine.
We "raced there" to see a new GGG (some of us do that). Neither of us knew if the map data had been turned in until we got to the systems in question. So, we get there, there was no commander name on the planet...race on. You know how exploration works in this game...the first to the finish line gets the credit. Whether you like it or not, honest or dishonest, it doesn't matter. It's not my fault or problem that commanders sit on the map data and I don't.

We "raced there" to see a new GGG (some of us do that). Neither of us knew if the map data had been turned in until we got to the systems in question. So, we get there, there was no commander name on the planet...race on. You know how exploration works in this game...the first to the finish line gets the credit. Whether you like it or not, honest or dishonest, it doesn't matter. It's not my fault or problem that commanders sit on the map data and I don't.
Yeah, it's fine, as long as you don't claim that you were the one who discovered it.

But we all know that the one who discovered it was CMDR Qube_Nico.

Except you don't if you simply happen upon the system. In the light of douchebaggery, can someone tell me if I were to discover a GGG in a region that already had a GGG discovered, would the new GGG show up anywhere in the Codex ? If the answer is no, does someone have a handy list of regions that have had GGGs discovered as apparently I need to refine my search.

Except you don't if you simply happen upon the system. In the light of douchebaggery, can someone tell me if I were to discover a GGG in a region that already had a GGG discovered, would the new GGG show up anywhere in the Codex ? If the answer is no, does someone have a handy list of regions that have had GGGs discovered as apparently I need to refine my search.
It depends on the GG class: each and every one has a Codex entry for GGGs. So if there's a class I GGG in the region, but you found a class III GGG, then you get the new Codex entry. But if you found a new class I that would be the second for the region, it would only show up after you upload your data. In that case, you're safe from tag thieves, assuming you didn't auto-upload it.

There's a map with regions a page back, see here.

Top Bottom