The real question is which one of you will make Art so great that it leaves a lasting effect on the world of Elite. Only a handful of each generation. Which one of you will it be?
Not me. I am just a simple commander who loves flying space ships. The art is the narrative, and the resulting stories that each of us experience when playing the game. Different for everyone, with varying degrees of appreciation from the user depending on their own investment and imagination. Kind of like Youscape if you think about it :unsure:

Cor this thread has taken a funny turn down a dark lane...loving it :)

I have a mental image of David Braben banging his head on the desk reading this thread and saying 'For Gods sake people, just fly 20m LS straight up from Lave 2 towards Diso 5C, its bleedin obvious!'

The CQC Trigger debate for me is more about access/invitation to the DW rather than Raxxla and yes I am working on it just in case (as you say, its only logical) but it doesn't stop me trying other things in the meantime as well.

Journey - imo deliberately chosen to be ambiguous, just like the Codex entries. But if its a physical entity in a fixed place then the easiest version is its just a physical journey for each player. Its the 'for themselves' bit that interest me, maybe it means the info cant be passed on, it wouldnt be any use to another player for some reason. Codex says Raxxla could be just a state of enlightenment, journey in this sense just means the journey we are on as we play the game, maybe even from Harmless to Elite and what we have learned by searching wiki and subjects we have never strayed into before. Better not be though, Id rather not know than know that is it!

How is word "Raxxla" pronounced in English? I asking this question because Google have translated (some times) it to my language as "Rakshla" so very similar to Rakshasa.

Racks - lah / Racks - la

I guess, in the Codex its Racks-la (hard ending).

I would say English accents are based around the vowels sound so 'a' can be spoken as 'a' or 'ah' or even 'eh' sounding - Cat, Cart, Say and then accents come into force as well. Bath can be pronounced Bath/Barthe/Baythe depending on the vowel sound which can be regional accents.

How is word "Raxxla" pronounced in English? I asking this question because Google have translated (some times) it to my language as "Rakshla" so very similar to Rakshasa.
I believe Vet is right that’s it’s Racks-lah. But I’ve been pronouncing it Rocks-lah, for years before I heard it pronounced properly from the creators. I’m sticking with my way tho I like it better :p

Not me. I am just a simple commander who loves flying space ships. The art is the narrative, and the resulting stories that each of us experience when playing the game. Different for everyone, with varying degrees of appreciation from the user depending on their own investment and imagination. Kind of like Youscape if you think about it :unsure:

Ya ive been playing with the idea that the winking cat is taking us through the looking glass - showing us art that reflects an attempt to change or symbolize reality... atleast the art we have descriptions of.

An art installation that changes based on your taste.... a down and out painters defiant self portrait.... another painters symbolic painting of the horrors of war... a giant hologram based off the federation symbol... and statues depicting the formation of the empire.... simulacra if u will.

i also think his thefts were timed to other events to tell us sheeple to open our eyes. The question is ... when FDev was telling us it was all unreal.... was that really the red king calling us figments of his imagination?

Ya ive been playing with the idea that the winking cat is taking us through the looking glass - showing us art that reflects an attempt to change or symbolize reality... atleast the art we have descriptions of.

An art installation that changes based on your taste.... a down and out painters defiant self portrait.... another painters symbolic painting of the horrors of war... a giant hologram based off the federation symbol... and statues depicting the formation of the empire.... simulacra if u will.

i also think his thefts were timed to other events to tell us sheeple to open our eyes. The question is ... when FDev was telling us it was all unreal.... was that really the red king calling us figments of his imagination?
Unless the Winking Cat is planning to turn earth into an asteroid belt. I seem to remember talk of some secret super weapon being developed on a moon base. A “Death Star” if you will Dr.Evil voice. Paintings representing the unattainable Aristotelian ideal of earth, the horrors of war, penance being given to the feds, Terra Absentia, the feds New Dawn being stolen. Maybe they’re gonna boom the blue dot 😳

TL;DR : i just discovered that all the bodies in a system dont automatically appear in system map, just because i honked a system. silly me.

wow... i just found a system that has only 1 star, but when i honk it, it says there is 9 bodies. the bodies didnt show up in the system map. and they only started appearing as i scan them with the FSS instead. the appeared bodies arent discovered by anyone, while the star itself is. so the guy who discovered it honked and moved on. didnt pay attention that the honk said 9 bodies. i can easily see raxxla being hidden this way! like you honk a system and it says 10 bodies. but the system map only shows 9.
20191207172059_1.jpg
20191207172216_1.jpg
the first screenshot is the system map before i used FSS on the bodies individually, while the second screen is the same exact system AFTER i scanned. maybe this is already known knowledge but this is huge for me. i didnt know this.(i never done any far away exploration) i used to honk and check the system map, and assume that everything i see is only what there is and nothing more. i thought the honk revealed everything a system had... from now on, i have to check if the amount of bodies the honk says matches with the system map or not, and if not... there is a hidden bodie somewhere. 500hours in elite, and i never knew this lol

edit: i just realised this is such a noobish discovery. this is propably what deep space explorers been doing since ages. haha so sorry for the noob hype here. i just never thought that the system map was dynamic, and can have more bodies appear in it as you FSS xD

Last edited:
TL;DR : i just discovered that all the bodies in a system dont automatically appear in system map, just because i honked a system. silly me.

wow... i just found a system that has only 1 star, but when i honk it, it says there is 9 bodies. the bodies didnt show up in the system map. and they only started appearing as i scan them with the FSS instead. the appeared bodies arent discovered by anyone, while the star itself is. so the guy who discovered it honked and moved on. didnt pay attention that the honk said 9 bodies. i can easily see raxxla being hidden this way! like you honk a system and it says 10 bodies. but the system map only shows 9.
the first screenshot is the system map before i used FSS on the bodies individually, while the second screen is the same exact system AFTER i scanned. maybe this is already known knowledge but this is huge for me. i didnt know this.(i never done any far away exploration) i used to honk and check the system map, and assume that everything i see is only what there is and nothing more. i thought the honk revealed everything a system had... from now on, i have to check if the amount of bodies the honk says matches with the system map or not, and if not... there is a hidden bodie somewhere. 500hours in elite, and i never knew this lol

edit: i just realised this is such a noobish discovery. this is propably what deep space explorers been doing since ages. haha so sorry for the noob hype here. i just never thought that the system map was dynamic, and can have more bodies appear in it as you FSS xD
Yeah that was one of the changes made during the exploration update. Unless a system has been scanned by another player and the info delivered to UC it won’t populate the map for you unless you scan the bodies yourself. No more scoop honking unfortunately :(
So now when out, even within the bubble I make sure to count the bodies in a system on the map to make sure it matches the number of bodies on the honk.
although finding listening posts and whatnot is made easier with the new system since you can scan all signals from anywhere with the FSS. no more flying around trying to get within discovery distance to find a hidden message.

Another change was the addition of the new DSS where you can scan a whole body and know exactly where interesting sites on it may be and how many there are. Gone are the days of slowly flying low over a planet upside down hoping to catch a glimpse of something odd. So it’s made the basic act of exploration take longer really but with the benefit of being able to find the interesting things orders of magnitude easier.
May first I wasn’t a fan of the new honk system, still prefer the old one honestly, but the new planetary surface scan and signal scan system is more than a fair trade off I think.

man i should have done this way sooner. 500h and i never left the bubble too far. im discovering the joys of lone exploration and finding unexplored systems. im enchanted with this beautiful game again. im heading to the void section to investigate " the sirens of the deepest void" from the toast. see if any suspicious sirens are hiding there, passing by colonia on my way. elite is a beautifull game. funny thing is. when i first found out about raxxla, i thought thats it, i never wana do anything else in the game but finding raxxla. but funnily enaugh, the search for raxxla is making me explore all the aspects of the game one by one. serving as a tour guide through all the game's mechanics. feels like a journey to me. 😁

Last edited:
man i should have done this way sooner. 500h and i never left the bubble too far. im discovering the joys of lone exploration and finding unexplored systems. im enchanted with this beautifull game again. im heading to the void section to investigate " the sirens of the deepest void" from the toast. see if any suspicious sirens are hiding there, passing by colonia on my way. elite is a beautifull game. funny thing is. when i first found out about raxxla, i thought thats it, i never wana do anything else in the game but finding raxxla. but funnily enaugh, the search for raxxla is making me explore all the aspects of the game one by one. serving as a tour guide through all the game's mechanics. feels like a journey to me. 😁
I think the Jewel Box cluster is out in the Void section as well. Might have something to do with the jewel mentioned in the toast. Good luck out there, exploration has always been my favorite as well. Wait til you get a chance to get near the galactic core, hugely different appearance. So.Many.Stars. Visit Sag A* too if you get the chance. That’s an experience. And on the way back swing through the Sacagawea Nebula. Great view from about 30-40ly out.

Join an expedition on EDSM or maybe follow the route of an old one, Im currently doing the Dove Enigma expedition backwards from Colonia to the bubble, you get some interesting systems to visit as well as find your own.

The only annoying thing is when youre far out and an II or CG happens that you wanted to take part in.

If youre going to Colonia make sure you check out the Conflux mysteries on the way, Ill be there soon myself on XB.

One final tip. In GalMap learn to use the filters (star class mainly, civilisation etc) to find interesting systems. Turn off all stars and look for little white dots, zoom in and turn stars back on, its a planetary nebula. Turn off M stars for a more interesting route (check fuel stars are on route - be fine til past Colonia but in Void may be different matter). look for O stars, your ship looks amazing in the light in external view. Keep an eye out for NS and BH nearby. GalMap is way underused by majority of people and theres a ton of info there if you use it right.

In FSS check Gravity, Orbital Period and Rotational Period (all readable before Geo signs resolve usually with practice). High or very low G are great fun especially in SRV (around 1.4G SRV acts like GTA or normal driving games ie normal gravity/response, I love it). Fast Orbits mean quick changing sky. Rotational period the same, especially if you can land on it and watch the stars whizzing by. (0.1 = 2.4hrs = 144 minutes)

Sorry if you know all this. either way have a blast!

man i should have done this way sooner. 500h and i never left the bubble too far. im discovering the joys of lone exploration and finding unexplored systems. im enchanted with this beautiful game again. im heading to the void section to investigate " the sirens of the deepest void" from the toast. see if any suspicious sirens are hiding there, passing by colonia on my way. elite is a beautifull game. funny thing is. when i first found out about raxxla, i thought thats it, i never wana do anything else in the game but finding raxxla. but funnily enaugh, the search for raxxla is making me explore all the aspects of the game one by one. serving as a tour guide through all the game's mechanics. feels like a journey to me. 😁
Double plus rep Cmdr....thats the spirit.

Last edited:
Apologies if I posted this before. I feel it may need to be said again based on previous remarks.
In regards to Persephone/Cora.
In the Dark Wheel Novella, Jason Ryder's ship is the Avalonia. Avalon (An island in myth) system containing the the Persephone station.
Worth noting is the Noctilux station in Avalon. Noctilux is a very expensive camera lens made by Leica Cameras. Think of the Alice looking through the looking glass.
Persephone in Sol. Turns out this was the hypothesized 9th planet in our real history, but in Elite, this was found and named Persephone.
Persephone, aka Kore, aka Kora as proven in wiki and in the Persephone system with the sole ELW Kore.
Persephone was used in the Rift mysteries by Drew.
She was also used in one of those past treasure hunts by that mysterious billionaire Alfred Jeffress
She's now found in the codex under the name Cora.
She is the constant figure from the beginning to current.
There is a strong reason why that is. The question is, Why?

Last edited:

I’d recommend signing up to a long distance expedition. I’ve been double elite for ages, got exploration first then trade, been out to the FRift seeking the mystery then out again to visit the desolate Dynasty megaship, headed out towards BLoop, etc, but my time on DW2 was just a fantastic experience. Lone exploration is interesting but it gets even better if there are other pilots involved.

Top Bottom