When will I be able to use ARX to buy access to engineering?

I fail to see how mining and rare trading prepares for pvp. Would be totally fine to bypass that with Arx. And I'm OK with teens being better than me at videogames. Whatever you do, there is a five-year old chinese already doing it better.
I most have missed your point.. I thought that IT would prepare me ;) So that's just another grind for mats.
And yes I admittedly envy younger players their better eye-hand coordination in regards to gaming.

Cmdr Ethaidan
Have you unlocked most of the 25 engineers in a few weeks?
o7 cmdr

Why would you even consider unlocking all 25? There's a lot of doubling up and crossover - all the Colonia based engineers are duplicates, and there's now a third engineer who does G5 drives. You really only need 10-12 to build a PvP ship, and if you go about it in a clever way, it's actually pretty quick. Here's the crux, if you could simply bypass learning the game to jump straight into PvP, you're just going to end up on the forums whinging about how often you die. So, get off the forums and start unlocking engineers, who knows, you may learn a bit about the game along the way.

Says they are against "Pay to Win".
Pay to win does suck! I'm all against.

In a thread they started, advocating the introduction of a "Pay to Win" mechanism.
But the years of grinding to engineer a build, before new players are able to venture in to the "Open Galaxy", makes a hard selling point.

Unless there is a shortcut...... a golden egg for Frontier --> ARX

Are you feeling ok OP? Do you need to sit down? Can I offer you a glass of water?

Says they are against "Pay to Win".

In a thread they started, advocating the introduction of a "Pay to Win" mechanism.

Are you feeling ok OP? Do you need to sit down? Can I offer you a glass of water?
Paint jobs for ARX. OK?
Engineers for ARX? OK why not?
ARX can be bought, so a steady extra income from desperate noobs
What's next? Loot-boxes containing special weapons/shields?
Then loot-boxes for ARX? OK why not?

The grind is not unlocking engineer, the grind is collecting all materials over and over again to apply the same modification to the same modules (ex: engineer FSD size 5, then size 6, then size 7...)
But way way better then before. Mat traders and fixed blueprint advances make engineering a single ship very fast - obcenely fast in Colonia! - and to tip your toes in PvP all you need and should do is one ship to master...

Paint jobs for ARX. OK?
Engineers for ARX? OK why not?
ARX can be bought, so a steady extra income from desperate noobs
What's next? Loot-boxes containing special weapons/shields?
Then loot-boxes for ARX? OK why not?

Can I, with respect, request that you find out what "Pay to Win" actually is and why its bad for games in general. May I suggest you have a look at Battlefront 2.

Yeah I thought Influence and the BGS was the proper way to win the gaem. As long as THAT cant be bought why not go all the way with ARX? It's free, you can earn it in game. And 100 more each day for christmas. This forum is so centered on cosmetics. Look at mah paintjob bruh... This game is turning into a space beauty contest.

Can I, with respect, request that you find out what "Pay to Win" actually is and why its bad for games in general. May I suggest you have a look at Battlefront 2.

You're years late. Horizon is still not free nor included with the base game.

But way way better then before. Mat traders and fixed blueprint advances make engineering a single ship very fast - obcenely fast in Colonia! - and to tip your toes in PvP all you need and should do is one ship to master...

Arguably, exploits were easier to grind mats when engineers started. Relogging is still a thing. And grandfathered modules are still the meta. To tip your toes in PVP there is CQC. But yeah. All you need to do is to master stuff to be a master at stuff I guess.

:LOL:
I bet that one came straight from a Glückskeks...

fortune cookie

What's your game time estimation for an average joe to go from the starter systems to a fully engineered pvpable FDL?

I heard one week two hours a day earlier in this thread. That's 14 hours, but I'll call that . Tell us.

What's your game time estimation for an average joe to go from the starter systems to a fully engineered pvpable FDL?

I heard one week two hours a day earlier in this thread. That's 14 hours, but I'll call that . Tell us.
I would've said considerably more to be honest. 100 hours including getting the basics perhaps.
But it's sooo long ago that I did stuff like unlocking that I really can't say.
I would also recommend not to start in an FdL because that one is very special to fly, and expensive if you die.
And you will die.

I would've said considerably more to be honest. 100 hours including getting the basics perhaps.
But it's sooo long ago that I did stuff like unlocking that I really can't say.
I would also recommend not to start in an FdL because that one is very special to fly, and expensive if you die.
And you will die.

Money's not a problem anymore since I stacked RamTah missions.

Aashenfox answered 200 when I asked. Do you feel 100 hours of grind is enough to properly insulate pvp gameplay in a spacesim game? Or should Elite further go down the road of fantasy MMORPGs?

Money's not a problem anymore since I stacked RamTah missions.

Aashenfox answered 200 when I asked. Do you feel 100 hours of grind is enough to properly insulate pvp gameplay in a spacesim game? Or should Elite further go down the road of fantasy MMORPGs?
A proper PvP game shouldn't force grind to be competitive at all, but Elite is no proper PvP game.
I'd welcome a reduction on all that grind, just not one that only people with spare money can use.

A proper PvP game shouldn't force grind to be competitive at all, but Elite is no proper PvP game.
I'd welcome a reduction on all that grind, just not one that only people with spare money can use.

We're not in an ideal world. Engineers and Arx happened. I find cosmetics ugly and I'll be fine to spend unused Arx on something.

To be clear, I am against paying IRL money or Arx for engineering unlocks or materials. Leave that stuff to cosmetics. That said, I am not sure I would consider it pay to win. If a new player hits the forums and coriolis to find the meta build all the cool kids and purple hairs say is the thing you need to get your murder on, and then pays to unlock the engineers and grinds the mats to build it, they are still a noob, and are still going to get murdered by anyone that half way knows what they are doing..

I am against it in principal, but there are times when it is a pita to run off to grind mats for a build when all you need is few more selenium or whatever to be done. I do have a moment of weakness where I think I would find it acceptable to buy mats while flying out to Hip 36601 to harvest mats and then running back to a mat trader. It passes relatively quickly.

Top Bottom