ANNOUNCEMENT Community Update - January 3306

cFOnfs4.gif

Is this your expression when the update surprisingly also fixes multicrew, with wings mixed in; adds cross-platform CQC + bots; OOPP; new C&P systems; fully-voiced "story" CGs; Thargoids rampaging out from Witchhead; and Cobra MK4 available for PS4 owners? :D

Is this your expression when the update surprisingly also fixes multicrew, with wings mixed in; adds cross-platform CQC + bots; OOPP; new C&P systems; fully-voiced "story" CGs; Thargoids rampaging out from Witchhead; and Cobra MK4 available for PS4 owners? :D

Oh frack no that would be the best update in almost two years! I'd love it for cross platform CQC + bots alone, such a wasted feature with so much potential. :(

...The team are hard at work on the next major milestone coming to Elite Dangerous at the latter end of this year and, as also mentioned in the previous post, we'll be ready to start revealing more about this after the Fleet Carriers update. We know you're keen to hear more, and we're excited to be able to show you what's to come!

Hi Stephen - great news - I can't wait for the large update.

Just one small point of order - Ed Lewis always used to gives us loads of hints, early screen grabs, small videos, project plans and source code, normally around 8-9 months ahead of any major update. Just sayin'. Don't bother checking with Zac. He'll be busy. Just email it all to me and I'll do the rest. Ta muchly.

Such a shame the wheels at FDev turn so slowly. Basically nothing new happened all of last year, and nothing will for the first half of this year too by the looks of it.
I would rather pay a Horizons style DLC pack EVERY year, if it meant more consistent and fresh content is regularly released to play - instead of this dragged out trickling affair that's funded by microtrans.

At least back then the new quarterly content was thick and fast, to be honest I didn't care I was paying for promised roadmap content unlike others did.
Perhaps because I was also a Kickstarter backer and believed in the plan.

Greetings Commanders,

Happy New Year!

As we enter 3306, we would like to tell you about the next update coming to Elite Dangerous!

Thanks to all the commanders who joined in the beta back in November, we're happy to announce that the January Update will be launching on the 14 January! As we mentioned back in October, the first half of this year's updates will be focused almost exclusively on Fleet Carriers and fixing as many high priority bugs and issues as possible, ensuring that the game runs as smooth as a freshly-purchased Cobra MkIII. To be clear, this means that Interstellar Initiatives/Community Goals will be on hold while we focus on the subsequent series of updates and betas that will be coming over the following months.

Much like the January Update, these updates will be accompanied by an open beta, allowing commanders to jump in and see the content before it's released, as well as help us identify any major issues or bugs. We'll be providing more details about all of these updates in the near future, so keep an eye on all of our usual channels.

The team are hard at work on the next major milestone coming to Elite Dangerous at the latter end of this year and, as also mentioned in the previous post, we'll be ready to start revealing more about this after the Fleet Carriers update. We know you're keen to hear more, and we're excited to be able to show you what's to come!
Thanks for the awesome news and for the awesome work you guys are doing for us

I've pretty much accepted the fact that our current version of ED is now well and truly into "maintenance mode." I am happy for the patching process (long overdue), but the inability of Frontier to walk and chew gum at the same time - i.e., patch the game while also adding a modicum of new content to keep the playerbase engaged - is starting to get annoying. Hello Games, with a team much the same size as the B Team currently working on this version of ED, manages to regularly roll out meaty new content updates for No Man's Sky while also bug fixing their game.
NMS updates are not as meaty as they appear and there team is bigger then you may realise. Also the game is so basic, the models are very low polygon, the animal life is a joke etc. You can call the updates whatever you like, but if you really look at what they add, it isn't as much as you think.

As to ED being in maintenance mode, well having the majority of the team working on the next big update will certainly give that impression.

I have to confess that my interest in ED is starting to wan these last few months as the lack of fresh content - now even minor stuff like CGs! - makes the game feel more and more like an abandoned title. I hope the Jan 14th bug-fixing patch is impressive because if it is just a minor list akin to what was in the beta, well, that will just about kill all enthusiasm for the game for me.
Thankfully I don't need a fresh stream of content to keep me going. There is still plenty in the game for me to do.

this means that Interstellar Initiatives/Community Goals will be on hold while we focus on the subsequent series of updates and betas that will be coming over the following months.

We will be fed with poor pulp for next year?
Very interesting, less content in game whilst you will still continue your tragic live-streams which are getting more dislikes then likes, because they are boring and have nothing interesting about game. If you want to remove any content from game then I suggest to ban BGS in solo/pg.

Can we finally get some PvP content, even tho only 2.3% players do PvP and they do it wrong [lmao]? We, 2.3% want do PvP right and have some tools to organise battles quick and fast. Even if it will be teleportation ships from one place to another without any logic. F the logic, bring some entertainment.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Greetings Commanders,

Happy New Year!

As we enter 3306, we would like to tell you about the next update coming to Elite Dangerous!

Thanks to all the commanders who joined in the beta back in November, we're happy to announce that the January Update will be launching on the 14 January! As we mentioned back in October, the first half of this year's updates will be focused almost exclusively on Fleet Carriers and fixing as many high priority bugs and issues as possible, ensuring that the game runs as smooth as a freshly-purchased Cobra MkIII. To be clear, this means that Interstellar Initiatives/Community Goals will be on hold while we focus on the subsequent series of updates and betas that will be coming over the following months.

Much like the January Update, these updates will be accompanied by an open beta, allowing commanders to jump in and see the content before it's released, as well as help us identify any major issues or bugs. We'll be providing more details about all of these updates in the near future, so keep an eye on all of our usual channels.

The team are hard at work on the next major milestone coming to Elite Dangerous at the latter end of this year and, as also mentioned in the previous post, we'll be ready to start revealing more about this after the Fleet Carriers update. We know you're keen to hear more, and we're excited to be able to show you what's to come!

Thanks for the update! Not long to go :)

Really gutted to hear the news about II's and CG's. That sucks big time. @Stephen Benedetti can you confirm if the lack of CG's and II's also means there will be no bespoke content in Galnet whatsoever, as per this post:

Are the GalNet 'off-camera' stories getting totally removed, or just reduced?
For now, the plan is to remove them, but we may reassess this decision in the future. We’re always reviewing the changes we make to the game and their impact on the overall player experience, and adapting and adjusting where necessary.

Will the amount of GalNet content change? Will it increase or decrease?
It will decrease slightly overall, reflecting the fact that we are refocusing our efforts.

Short of shutting down the game temporarily, I don't think there's anything else Frontier could remove support from. Oh, the shop I suppose, but I expect Frontier will think that's worth supporting.

It's quite instructive when updates start removing features rather than adding them.

Thanks for the update! Not long to go :)

Really gutted to hear the news about II's and CG's. That sucks big time. @Stephen Benedetti can you confirm if the lack of CG's and II's also means there will be no bespoke content in Galnet whatsoever, as per this post:

Thats actually a very good point: the launcher window, Galnet news etc is going to grind to a halt (rather than the glacial II dependent Galnet stories that kept it creaking along) for six months to a year potentially. Thats...not going to look good.

Thats actually a very good point: the launcher window, Galnet news etc is going to grind to a halt (rather than the glacial II dependent Galnet stories that kept it creaking along) for six months to a year potentially. Thats...not going to look good.
I m wondering if the splash screen will just break horribly when we run out of galnets. We're down to 4 at the moment, I reckon 10 days until it's empty...

They did have those resources - sadly the community - led by Mr Obsidian & Yamiks - decided those resources should be reallocated. Maybe you could ask them to amend their letter?

"However, we know there's more to be done. You've asked for more focus on existing bug/fixes and issues, and for the community to be better integrated into the development process and testing for these upcoming updates. " (link)

Can we please stop with that? Those posts are about as annoying and just as true as those claiming Frontier isn't working on new content at all.

I'm looking forward to all the confused new players who buy the new Era in December. "Wait, it's only Dec 10th, why does Galnet say Dec 18th?" 😅

Sry for leaking the release date.

Can we please stop with that? Those posts are about as annoying and just as true as those claiming Frontier isn't working on new content at all.

I'm looking forward to all the confused new players who buy the new Era in December. "Wait, it's only Dec 10th, why does Galnet say Dec 18th?" 😅

Sry for leaking the release date.

December the 18th New Era release date you say? :D Napalm spicy

Top Bottom