ANNOUNCEMENT January Update is out now!

Anyone else getting a HORRIBLE stutter when jumping, etc.?
I thought it was just me.
Jumping into a system, out of supercruise really hits my fps.
I usually alt-tab often, which wasn't a problem before the patch as it was smooth, until todays patch. Hope this clears itself out.

That was a (worryingly quick) quick update, let's see what we get....

Well maybe I was right to worry - anyone else getting the MASSIVE stutter issue when dropping/flying/etc???
Im not having any stutter but yes and for sure i feel AGAIN a complete dissapointment, Months waiting for a lame 1.2 gigas update?? Are you serious Frontier?? No you are not serious at all, your lack of Everything about the game is remarkable. Lame, Incompetence and Lies are the words coming to my mind; i pre-ordered this game on Ps4 so i have been playing it for a long time and it went going in deep down spiral about content and quality. Lame.
Ps : I am 48 years old so atleast if any moderator quotes me or something ATLEAST respect my age, because my status as a COSTUMER of one of the products you sell has been smashed like an ant for the past years. And NOT respected at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else wish there were simple features which if implimented would make your life so much easier, such as:
  • ability to sort / search the stored modules
  • a 'google-like' autofill / search of systems in galaxy map, instead of having to exactly type the system name
apart from that, things seem pretty ok so far on the update

Don't even get me started on simple sort issues - like in CQC when you want to create a squad your friends list is completely randomly sorted. A simple "order by state.online" would be HUGE. 3 little words, that's it. But nope. Dozens of examples of this....

I'm in undiscovered systems and every time i arrive, there is a stutter for a few seconds. Once the stutters are gone, all bodies have their features automatically resolved without waiting

5481579008058d854[1].png

EDIT: tested more undiscovered systems, those features are automatically getting resolved without even using the FSS

here is a video showing arriving in an undiscovered system, stutters for a while, once stutters are over bodies have their Feature resolved.

Stutters stop around 1:32

Last edited:
Well, says an hour to go. both machines clocking 5-6 mbps.. But it is 7:41 local time so the rest of the world will be hitting the cell phones to play U Tube for the kids and the speed will tank.

@Stephen Benedetti... is the mining/ demand change working correctly?

Voipals are in demand in tourism, refinery and high tech.

Went to a tourism economy in investment+civil lib+pirate attack. 0 demand on sale market, 600k price tag. Seems to be working

Them went to refinery, boom + civil lib + pirate attack... typically a lower price point with that state combo.

0 demand, 1.4m, just like it would be pre-patch. Seems like a bug?

Deleted member 192138

D
So has anyone been able to complete a conflict zone without the progress ticker disappearing early?

Anyone else wish there were simple features which if implimented would make your life so much easier, such as:
  • ability to sort / search the stored modules
  • a 'google-like' autofill / search of systems in galaxy map, instead of having to exactly type the system name
apart from that, things seem pretty ok so far on the update
When you're browsing modules to buy in outfitting you can sort by a number of different options such as by class/rating or price. This selection will also apply to your module storage.

I'm in undiscovered systems and every time i arrive, there is a stutter for a few seconds. Once the stutters are gone, all bodies have their features automatically resolved without waiting

View attachment 158731

EDIT: tested more undiscovered systems, those features are automatically getting resolved without even using the FSS

here is a video showing arriving in an undiscovered system, stutters for a while, once stutters are over bodies have their Feature resolved.

Exactly what I'm seeing too

Greetings Commanders,

The January Update is now live!

This update is part of our plan to address recent and longstanding issues, fixing as many high priority bugs and issues as possible:

Exploration
Following the feedback gathered from the open beta, we've implemented an alternative solution to help mitigate the long delay when scanning planets with geological/biological sites. Now, when scanning a planet, commanders will receive an indication of the likelihood of that planet having any geological/biological sites ranging from Unlikely, Likely or Very Likely. Alternatively, commanders can wait for the full scan (which takes a little longer) to complete to get an exact number of geological/biological sites.

Background Simulation and Powerplay
We've introduced a number of new Background Simulation states which can threaten a faction's economic and security prosperity, as well as introduced a number of Powerplay fixes and recalculations to better improve the feature.
  • The new Faction States are Blight, Natural Disaster, Infrastructure Failure, Drought, Terrorist Attack, and Public Holiday.

We've also implemented fixes when mining in a wing for those lucrative deep-cores, taking on seeming-invincible Thargoids, Collector Limpets scraping against one's hull, rubber-banding ships and visual artifacts ruining well-timed screenshots. Click here to read all of the fixes in the January Update!

Great! Thx for that bug-fixing update. Will be waiting more good features :)

View attachment 158731

Have you tried to restore your FOV to normal values? retouch it, it usually causes stuttering and freezing,

evidently they did not prepare the game to increase it too much.

Holy God, At least try the game in its original state, without retouching the files.

Top Bottom