High-end mining material prices seem maybe a little bit TOO volatile

Finished up a mining stint, checked local prices and travelled to the indicated station, a single jump away. In the 5-6 minutes it took me to get there the price of Painite at that station had dropped by almost a third, from 797k to a bit over 540k. Minute-to minute price volatility of that range is a bit excessive IMO. o7

That kind of volatility is exactly what was mentioned in the patch notes. About the only compensation is that if you are offered a 'price' for your goods it will remain that (provided you didn't quite the market screen) even if another miner is currently selling.

I'll have to get my Python out into the local hotspots and check out the new mechanics myself :)

Last edited:
Finished up a mining stint, checked local prices and travelled to the indicated station, a single jump away. In the 5-6 minutes it took me to get there the price of Painite at that station had dropped by almost a third, from 797k to a bit over 540k. Minute-to minute price volatility of that range is a bit excessive IMO. o7
I can bet that demand was still the same, wasnt it? But price somehow dropped by 1/3.

Early days, but I don't think its just mining material prices that are more volatile. I made a bit less money on my Nariotics delivery tonight then what the in-game trading tools said I would make, as if the selling price reduced a little in the 5 minutes or so it took me to make that delivery.

One ton of Panite in today's earth market would be worth about $226,800,000,000 USD!!!!. It is 50-60k per carat currently.

You know, I actually never even thought that Painite was a real world thing! I just thought it was made up. I googled it and sure enough, it is in fact real.

Do not tell my Girlfriend about painite... she might want an engagement ring with it... lol!

You know, I actually never even thought that Painite was a real world thing! I just thought it was made up. I googled it and sure enough, it is in fact real.

Do not tell my Girlfriend about painite... she might want an engagement ring with it... lol!

Had a good read last week about all the real-life mining materials and how they are found and used, I felt........educated. :D

I'm wondering whether looking at demand as well as price when you pick a station will be useful. Will price at a station with high demand decline more slowly than the same price at a station with low demand?

There is likely to be quite a bit ( a lot ?) of lag in external site reporting of prices and the actual price when you get there, which will make the price appear to fluctuate faster than it really is.

be happy that the obscene mining bug that is allowed to still exist giving you many times the galactic average for ore that is apparently infinite in supply and in massive quantities in a system less than 10 ly from Yu enterprises is even available for you to cash in on.

Hundreds of players if not more must have made many billions each in the past week. This mining field and more importantly, the purchase price offered at yu enterprises is game breaking. Effectively nullifying any effect credits has on the game. Billions in a few hours of gameplay. So boohoo, it's now only half a billion for a few hours of game time. Still 100% safe. Still 100% reliable.

Welcome to properly balanced high-end mining. :)

Thank you for eliminating Epic 1 Billion credits a day mode.

More like 1 billion credits every 4 hours.

made more credits in a single hour there for my second account than I had acquired in the month of regular bounty hunting i had been doing with him. Couple more hours and now credits dont matter (something that took close to a year for my primary account that i've been using since the game released).

if this kind of income is intended with no risk or really much thought. I dont see why fdev doesn't just get rid of credits altogether. They literally serve no purpose now. Maybe they should just go the borderlands route and make all the prices for things scale with your total income with a floor value on items. That way credits would matter to some extent no matter how much you had.

Last edited:
So how much do void opals go for currently? Always prices freak out for a couple of days after patches, and then they stabilize..

More like 1 billion credits every 4 hours.
Depends, at this point I would not be surprised if the prices are volatile while people sell off cargo they have accumulated - an initial spell of burst saturation of the markets is not entirely unexpected. Once people get used to the maximums they are likely to be able to sell in one go then things may start to settle down.

Top Bottom