Please share positive animal social interactions you've observed here

The other day one of my giant pandas died of old age. Her cub kept running back and forth to her and making distressed sounds. At first, I thought it was perhaps only coincidence, but then the cub lay down beside her to sleep, and stayed for a very long time. It was an emotional moment, the female cub was genuinely grieving over her mom's death. I had a lump in my throat watching it.

(I realize this is a sad social interaction, but I thought I would post it in this thread.)

The other day one of my giant pandas died of old age. Her cub kept running back and forth to her and making distressed sounds. At first, I thought it was perhaps only coincidence, but then the cub lay down beside her to sleep, and stayed for a very long time. It was an emotional moment, the female cub was genuinely grieving over her mom's death. I had a lump in my throat watching it.

(I realize this is a sad social interaction, but I thought I would post it in this thread.)

Oh geez that is so sad!!

I've been reworking entirely my franchise zoo and because I haven't played it since the tigers community challenge (been finishing campaign) I had two sets of tiger cubs and two pairs of adults. I've only built a habitat for one pair but I've put all 4 cubs in even though only two of them 'belong' to that pair.

Noticed that two of them are following the adults closely (I have two halves of the habitat and a cat walk so it is really noticeable). Thought it may be coincidence but when I checked several times it was always her own cubs, the other two were off on their own. May still be a coincidence but thought it was interesting now we can see parental relationships.

I've seen:

• Elephants throwing sand over their heads.
  • I might be wrong, but I thought I saw my Flamingo's do a mating ritual.
  • Loads of enrichment interaction.

I've seen:

• Elephants throwing sand over their heads.
  • Loads of enrichment interaction.

That's exactly what this thread is not about.
It's about animal x animal social interactions,not animal solo interactions or animal x environment interactions,because those two are totally fine and well made.

That's exactly what this thread is not about.
It's about animal x animal social interactions,not animal solo interactions or animal x environment interactions,because those two are totally fine and well made.

Sorry.
Didn't know the Forum Police would be chasing me down....

Can you check other comments and send the same to them please?

Just saw my Whiteback (he has completely white Fur so Silverback would be wrong 🙃) turn his Head to look at one of his juvenile Daughters.
Zwischenablage67(1).jpg

So far in my game, the cheetahs have been the cutest in terms of social interaction, in two different zoos. Simply adorable!

Mommy grooming the cub:

20191229121539_1.jpg

Cub playing with daddy:

20191229121756_1.jpg

I have also noticed that they often go swimming together which looks quite lovely. Once, directly after the birth of the babies, the mother just accompanied them all to the water and they seemed to have their family time there. I noticed the same in the bengal tiger habitat.

Additonally, after I added a new female tiger to my grown-up male, she went directly to him and they seemed to introduce themselves. Afterwards, they went off through the habitat together. It was no mating interaction!

20191230223929_1.jpg

To me it seems that the cats have the most elaborate interactions, but maybe this is just a false impression because I watch them the most ;) I can also remember lion cubs playing with the father's tail and tipping over, really cute but unfortunately not caught on camera.

Also my red lemurs like to... I don't know, whisper in each other's ears or something:

20191230234758_1.jpg

And finally my heart melted yesterday when I saw the red pandas. I didn't manage to take a picture in the right moment, but one was jumping onto the other and then rolling over:

20200111230545_1.jpg

I'll edit the habitat sizes later, but all were above the minimum and the general welfare of all animals was very good.

Edit:

Cheetahs in zoo #1: 2500 m2, 1 male, 1 female, usually 1-4 cubs
Cheetahs in zoo #2: 1016 m2, 1 male, 1 female, 2 cubs
Bengal Tigers: 3540 m2, 1 male, 1 female, usually 1-2 cubs
Red Ruffed Lemurs: 2228 m2, 1 male and up to 9 females, sharing the habitat with a similar-sized group of ring-tailed lemurs and guests can walk through the habitat.
Red Panda: 588 m2, group of 3-5 adults (I know there should only be two, but they are too cute and their welfare is between 80 and 95)

Last edited:
So far in my game, the cheetahs have been the cutest in terms of social interaction, in two different zoos. Simply adorable!

Mommy grooming the cub:

View attachment 158927

Cub playing with daddy:

View attachment 158928

I have also noticed that they often go swimming together which looks quite lovely. Once, directly after the birth of the babies, the mother just accompanied them all to the water and they seemed to have their family time there. I noticed the same in the bengal tiger habitat.

Additonally, after I added a new female tiger to my grown-up male, she went directly to him and they seemed to introduce themselves. Afterwards, they went off through the habitat together. It was no mating interaction!

View attachment 158930

To me it seems that the cats have the most elaborate interactions, but maybe this is just a false impression because I watch them the most ;) I can also remember lion cubs playing with the father's tail and tipping over, really cute but unfortunately not caught on camera.

Also my red lemurs like to... I don't know, whisper in each other's ears or something:

View attachment 158931

And finally my heart melted yesterday when I saw the red pandas. I didn't manage to take a picture in the right moment, but one was jumping onto the other and then rolling over:

View attachment 158932

I'll edit the habitat sizes later, but all were above the minimum and the general welfare of all animals was very good.

Edit:

Cheetahs in zoo #1: 2500 m2, 1 male, 1 female, usually 1-4 cubs
Cheetahs in zoo #2: 1016 m2, 1 male, 1 female, 2 cubs
Bengal Tigers: 3540 m2, 1 male, 1 female, usually 1-2 cubs
Red Ruffed Lemurs: 2228 m2, 1 male and up to 9 females, sharing the habitat with a similar-sized group of ring-tailed lemurs and guests can walk through the habitat.
Red Panda: 588 m2, group of 3-5 adults (I know there should only be two, but they are too cute and their welfare is between 80 and 95)

Love the screen shots!

Just a friendly reminder from the OP to please keep this post focused on positive social interaction. I started this before Frontier acknowledged an issue with that and I still think it's nice to share examples! Lets not get grumpy with each other here :)

It's titled social interaction because there is / was a lack of them and people were not happy about it. This thread shall help people find social interactions, see if they happen at all, see if there is enough of them. So as the thread has a purpose, I think it should stay that way. There are a lot of good screenshot-threads for everything in game already, including solo interactions.

It's titled social interaction because there is / was a lack of them and people were not happy about it. This thread shall help people find social interactions, see if they happen at all, see if there is enough of them. So as the thread has a purpose, I think it should stay that way. There are a lot of good screenshot-threads for everything in game already, including solo interactions.

We know. :)

But sometimes someone can get overly excited about seeing something in the game and share it here in this thread. But instead of "great, looks cool", someone barges in and comments your post has nothing to do with social interaction in a unfriendly manner. That person should know, such a comment isn't social behaviour either.

But this is off-topic.

To be clear, this thread is meant to showcase social interactions, that is ones that happen between animals. Solo behaviors are really cool as well but what the interactions between animals are a key part of the realism aspect and were pretty lacking for a time.

Please use this as a place to share social interactions. If someone is confused and shares a solo interaction just move on. If you would like to share solo interactions I encourage you to start a thread for that! But that's not what this thread was intended for. I ask that this thread remain focused on social interactions and that we are nice to each other, even if something is off topic.

Top Bottom