ANNOUNCEMENT January Update - Patch Notes

Earning Arx by doing missions is still rubbish, however.... I can spend an hour running BGS missions and earn 2 Arx, or I can swap some materials around for 5 minutes and earn 20 Arx. :(

I used to be opposed to "gaming the system" to earn Arx (like unequipping and reequipping modules), but now I'm thinking such nonsense is justified.
...or you could fly through the Void 15000 whole week and get only 150 arx :D
Now seems ok, got last night over 100.

Earning Arx by doing missions is still rubbish, however.... I can spend an hour running BGS missions and earn 2 Arx, or I can swap some materials around for 5 minutes and earn 20 Arx. :(

I used to be opposed to "gaming the system" to earn Arx (like unequipping and reequipping modules), but now I'm thinking such nonsense is justified.
Eh, I can sort of see the logic to it. While a wide variety of activities generate some Arx, it feels like they lean towards rewarding more Arx for activities (fuel scooping, material trading, etc) that are necessary but don't otherwise provide much in-game reward.

Does this mean we'll find these high-end minerals available for sale in stations?
Heh. That should probably have just read "demand" - I don't think we'll be seeing a non-zero supply of Void Opals in stations anytime soon. Heck, methane clathrate is hardly more "high-end" than biowaste, and you can't even buy that anywhere for any price.

...or you could fly through the Void 15000 whole week and get only 150 arx :D
Now seems ok, got last night over 100.

Yep the exploration ARX seems much more reasonable now, I get about 20-50 from about an hour of jumping/scanning, more if I am in a new region and get a lot of codex confirmation entries.

I'm sulking because I can back from a 8 week trip to Sgr A* and back and only earned 400 arx... oh welll spent that buying pumpkins :D

Bill

<<<<currently being chased by the cops again.... dang cops think my cargo is illegal ....:sneaky:

Ships
  • Added the ability to rescue any crew, that were on board the player's ship when it was destroyed, from the insurance screen.
    • Rebuy cost in the right hand cockpit panel now includes cost to rescue crew.
    • Crew rebuy costs rebalanced based on Beta feedback.

o_O wait.... WHAT!??
You mean we can actually hire a lowly weak commander and raise them up to max and not loose them if we loose our ship as long as we can cover the insurance?

Do my eyes deceive me?

... O M G ! ! ! ! There is yet hope! I know, I am late to the party on knowing this I am sure, but I didn't pay any attention to the Beta and I've been playing 'other space games', and was curious to what Elite had in store for 2020. (was still salty after September.)

What did they send us? Hope.

(only been years, but I guess better REALLY late then never ever.)

I guess that kind of makes those NPCs more partners now, adds a little depth to it more then just throw away chaddle now.
Best News I've heard on this game in a while, The other fixes are nice as well. Sad there's no real 'new content', but maybe later in the year they'll make up for it? maybe, hopefully....

But this is a good start for 2020. I'll take it. Cheers!

Void Opal mining is not quite the same now, I spent hours trying to find a decent price, only to find there no longer is due to the update.
On PS4 it is stuttering now on entering a system, this is on PS4 pro with enhanced graphics mode.

Yep the exploration ARX seems much more reasonable now, I get about 20-50 from about an hour of jumping/scanning, more if I am in a new region and get a lot of codex confirmation entries.
I verified this myself last night. Now all they need to do is balance Arx with INF missions, and everything will be great.

I'll have to verify myself tonight, but my expression is that it's just a simple 1 ARX per honk affair. If that's correct it would massively support the speed explorers, but there's no other around way I guess.
There has to be more to it than that. I know I didn't honk 120+ times last night in the couple of hours I played, but that's how many exploration Arx I made. My issue is that I might only earn 6 Arx for the exact same amount of gameplay running INF missions. I do not call this balanced (hence my original complaint).

Void Opal mining is not quite the same now, I spent hours trying to find a decent price, only to find there no longer is due to the update.
On PS4 it is stuttering now on entering a system, this is on PS4 pro with enhanced graphics mode.
Do you use inara to find the best prices? i did a quick search and this is what i got. Although i thought Void Opals fetched about 1.7M.
voidprices.jpg

OK, why do I wind up in open space on logging in, when I was i station when I logged out?
FYI, Inara and eddb are not reporting the correct prices.
Typical of Frontier they introduce even worse bugs then they fixed. How did these obvious bugs pass beta?
Market updates way too fast! Changes before you can make 3 jumps.

Last edited:
Uff no update on the blocked dss during supercruise assistance orbiting?
you should increase the speed limit at which the probes can be fired.
on small planet it can be done while in SAO, in biggers one nope because the speed is some unit over the limits

Market updates way too fast! Changes before you can make 3 jumps.
The market just checks what you got in your cargo hold.
If you got more than the demand is, the price will be rock bottom.
You will not be allowed to sell the amount to meet the demand, and get the top dollar there.
If you have 50 in cargo, and the demand is 30, you will be offered the same amount as if there is no demand here.
If the demand is 30, you should only rock up with 15 to get the top dollar.

I do use Inara, and I went to loads of places where it said I should get 1.6M but where all 300k or lower.
I did have more in my cargo hold than the demand, so if the market checks how many are in your hold against the demand that could explain it.

Some good steps in here like the fighter lag issue, VO rebalance and the rebuy cost rebalance for NPC crew (we will see how the numbers are in the main game).
I am also liking the implementation of Oodle, hopefully this will generally improve a lot of networking related issues like the blue tunnel lag or various timeouts as well as improve traffic quality in larger instances.

Eager to try it out soonTM.

Has the fighter lag actually been fixed? I'm asking because the last time I checked (after the Jan update but before the next bugfix patch the next day) the fighter lag was definitely present. Maybe instead of the large amplitude rubberbanding there were smaller hiccups and jumps but it was just as annoying. (And it was not only the mothership and the SLF lagging, but the NPC's as well.)

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Uff no update on the blocked dss during supercruise assistance orbiting?
you should increase the speed limit at which the probes can be fired.
on small planet it can be done while in SAO, in biggers one nope because the speed is some unit over the limits

Well spotted! Did you log it on the issue tracker? It's more of an enhancement than a bug, but still worth logging imo.

Top Bottom