Community Event / Creation The Buckyball Racing Club Presents: A Halpy Hand (11th Jan - 19th Jan, 3306)

Managed two more code Red+Black runs this morning, including this! 😁

ghYUwGQ.png

Also - just wanted to give a big shoutout to @Exigeous and the livestream he did last night featuring the race. The dude's a marvel. Not only did he manage an extremely good stab at the race on his very first attempt, he was also being a gracious host, managing a livestream and simultaneously dropping nuggets of ED gold like an information hose. Stunning display of multi-tasking and highly recommended viewing!

WOW, holy crap - a 0% hull run, that's impressive. I wonder how many times it took him to damage himself to 0% without actually dying - my bet is A LOT.

Also thanks for the very kind words, I was ready with my "racing driver" excuses as you can't race without them! Thanks again so much for joining me yesterday it really was one of the most fun streams I've ever done as I rarely get to actually "play" while streaming!

~X

WOW, holy crap - a 0% hull run, that's impressive. I wonder how many times it took him to damage himself to 0% without actually dying - my bet is A LOT.

Also thanks for the very kind words, I was ready with my "racing driver" excuses as you can't race without them! Thanks again so much for joining me yesterday it really was one of the most fun streams I've ever done as I rarely get to actually "play" while streaming!

~X
I found a picture of his ship

3569161e1f5470392ecfd0b1e4727a12.jpg

Ok finally got a serious run in..no fsd boosts used (as I have no mats) ..you know when you are on target when every entry exit was like this one...I am happier. I know it won`t change my position but at least I feel in the "ball park" now
getting it right.jpg

Finally had some time to make a couple runs. Decided to be ambitious (for me) and attempt Amber Regulation Dolphin runs. Neither run ended well for me. Those tunnels at Blazing Inferno can be a bit... misleading. :(

On a positive note, I took a picture of Cmdr. Johanson's new Dolphin, Salmon Dreams, which was an extra credit project by freshmen at the Fort O'Brian School of Engineering who are attending thanks to the Cmdr. Stevenson scholarship program.

Thankfully, she was forewarned by Chief of Staff Castro, so she didn't say what she really thought of the ships pink salmon colored paint job. ;)

And I have another Update:
A few time improvements on the Unlimited Bonus and Regulation Dolphin boards, without any change in the ranking.
However the Regulation Bonus board saw some action, with Shaye Blackwood and Protomaniac Entering on 1st and 2nd, pushing CMDR Ozric back to 3rd.
Also I'm revealing all the digits now.
Regulation Bonus 2.png

Just had chance for another run, and with that, another ship. This time I'm racing in an Anaconda, which is great for jump range, but the 7D thrusters are effective as an asthmatic blowing up a balloon :)

I stick reckon I can trim at least another minute, maybe a little more, so with a bit of luck (and a few less gravity wells getting in my way when docking), I hope to improve my time tomorrow.

o7 Commanders!

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Nope that's me done. I tried two more runs yesterday, the last one was faster and with 0% Hull but entering the final station I overshot the landing pad and exploded 🤬😠🤬

This morning I woke up and looked at the update to the leader board and my heart sank, those bonuses are far, far higher than I'd managed. But I tried again in vain, two more failed runs.

Thanks for organising the race Dr. Nagi, you certainly have the honour of organising the most frustrating race I've taken part in in almost 6 years! That includes Escape Velocity! And although it was a good one, there's no way I can face another run.

I think I've done 13-14 runs and only managed 3 vaild runs and ony finished 4 in total. At least my insurers are happy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom