Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

As a relaxing start to my ED day, I decided to do the Dav's thing. I'm not sure why, but I just love doing that circuit. After a while (and 20 chemical manipulators later \o/), I took a break and looked at the Conda I'd landed in. Maybe it's just me, but, when viewed from outside, it just doesn't feel like a big ship - although it handles like a blue whale in the desert.

So, I thought I'd do a quick size comparison to the surrounding abandoned prefabs.

MioWGX8.jpg

It is quite big really, isn't it?

:D

Last edited:
Cooking Friday :) Lentils stew.

17 Liter stainless steel pot.
7 Kg beef with bones, different superb cuts.
1Kg bacon cubes
8 Liter water, black Malabar pepper, white Kampot pepper, pimento, cloves in a tea egg, laurel leaves.
Two large onions, slize in half, on medium heat in a stainless steel pan without oil until brown to black. Add bacon and brown, add little water and render.
Whack it all into pot
Start from cold, bruing to cook, 3 hours simmer on low.
When meat tender and bones cooked out, slize and dize meat, put aside.

Add 2.5 kg brown lentils to broth, simmer 30 minutes

Approx. 10 Kg (before peeling)Carrots, parsley root, celery, leak, potato all cut to small cubes, - Yes, its a grind!!! LOL - three tins Pomodorino D'oro tomatoes, add and simmer another 40 minutes.

Add high quality apple vinegar, Dijon mustard, freshly chooped parsley, marjoram, salt, pepper & a little sugar to taste.

Serve in a deep large bowl with a large Wiener sausage, a cold Pilsner Urquell compliments it well. "Sticks to the ribs" food in cold and wet weather.
Forgot to say. Eat next day, not same day!! Seriously!

this dude knows.

too bad i don't eat meat anymore. but i could make an exception with this. 😅

try complementing it with a couple pickled chillyi peppers to bite off now and then. and bread (real bread). o_O

also, some heavy red wine instead of the plisner. but ... 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Ah yes. Also one of my good intentions. The flight model that assumes you are generating lift from wings and drag from atmosphere is common in sci fi films and makes the thing easier to fly. To get a true feeling of spaceflight one needs to master FA off. As a keyboard and mouse player... I'm not sure it's possible.
I'm playing FA off with K&M and don't find it that difficult. Although I started with it within a week of starting to play the game last September, so didn't have much muscle memory to retrain. It took more to retrain myself to pitch+yaw on mouse instead of pitch+roll another week in.

The key to FA off with K&M is to turn on relative mouse. This will make it so after a delay the mouse return to the centre. Play with the rate of return, I prefer a high rate so that you stop acceleration shortly after you stop mouse movement. This is similar to how you can let a joystick spring back to centre, which you can't do mechanically with a mouse.

The yaw on mouse may help with aiming, as you can easier aim with an analogue input than digital, and if you have roll on mouse you have to both roll+pitch to follow minor movements sideways while aiming, which require more thought to execute than just moving sideways.

I ought to play around with FAoff for a bit. I did try it once and it felt awful. De-bound the key so I could never suffer that abomination again.

Now, though, with a better Joyce, it may be time for a rethink.

Would you believe... found military alloys... hunting down HGEs is much better in the Empire. Much progress I'd say two more days perhaps then encoded and manufactured are all maxed out. Happy times. :)

Beaufort 11 forcasted here tomorrow. Today, sunny at the beach with 15 celsius...in February! That being said, in the ANtarctis it was 18.3 celsius yesterday... Good Lord!

I ought to play around with FAoff for a bit. I did try it once and it felt awful. De-bound the key so I could never suffer that abomination again.

Now, though, with a better Joyce, it may be time for a rethink.
When I started, I had no chance to land with it. But by going very slowly and deliberately for launching (learned that first), landing, and flying around asteroids I slowly got better. Now I find it easier than FA on. Only time I regularly use FA on now is when I want to make sure I have an absolute dead stop for a brief afk somewhere I can't tolerate drift (asteroid field, close to station) or if I want to fly absolutely straight (scooping up materials).

O.K. admittedly, just my third day into HGE hunting, I am a Rookie in that sense, here is an observation I made today.

Referring to Exigious's excellent tutorial again, what I found is that the system allegiance appear to be of no consequence. How so? I went to the Emprie and found a faction with war in the HGE, and yes, I got Military Grade Alloys. Hence I conclude, the System allegiance is of no importance. Only the faction state. True is nevertheless, in Imperial Systems, with faction status Election or None, Imperial Shielding can be collected, but equally other mats depending on the faction state.

Screen Shot 2020-02-06 at 17.21.18.png

A late night ponderance...

Two huge beams and the rest are MC's on the 'Vette. I'm wondering how it would kill stuff if I reversed it so I had two huge MC's and the rest were beams....

And, hah! I was interdicted whilst writing this. I submitted then attacked. The goit did a BSR! :D

Hello I play commander Red Orchid, a gutsy woman plying her trade amongst the stars.(In RL I am male). I fly the Nightflyer, a viper mklll. Currently I am sticking to the pilots federation until I get better in combat. So far courier,delivery,and cargo missions seem to be paying well!(on my way to 3 mill credits first week!). Going to try conflict next to get the hang of it. Normally I am a guildmaster in Elder Scrolls online, but have become addicted to Elite Dangerous. So hello all!

One more time...HGE

Still confused on the mechanics. For example: In Empire, faction from Empire, status Election, spawned not im[perial shielding but proto heat stuff instead.

What I do understand though is that there is no way to find factions and their related states prior to targeting the HGE, but what really spawns in there appears to be somwhat random at times.

Massive storm approaching Germany, not Cyrill levels but 140km/h gusts are bad enough. Stay safe and wish me luck, tomorrow is not much better forecasted, and we need to drive our dog to get her operation. Fingers crossed we won't get hit by anything and the operation goes well. Cooking salmon, broccoli and potatos for her now. :)

Hello I play commander Red Orchid, a gutsy woman plying her trade amongst the stars.(In RL I am male). I fly the Nightflyer, a viper mklll. Currently I am sticking to the pilots federation until I get better in combat. So far courier,delivery,and cargo missions seem to be paying well!(on my way to 3 mill credits first week!). Going to try conflict next to get the hang of it. Normally I am a guildmaster in Elder Scrolls online, but have become addicted to Elite Dangerous. So hello all!

Welcome to ED!

@@@O7

One more time...HGE

Still confused on the mechanics. For example: In Empire, faction from Empire, status Election, spawned not im[perial shielding but proto heat stuff instead.

What I do understand though is that there is no way to find factions and their related states prior to targeting the HGE, but what really spawns in there appears to be somwhat random at times.
For Imperial Shielding, you want Empire Faction in state of 'None'. (y)

Hey, hey! Welcome to the game and the obsession 😊

One word of caution ... If you go into the Conflict Zones in Orna - be prepared to get out fast or die trying. They list this as training conflict zones but the opposition you come up against in there is hugely more powerful than anything a player can put together in the starter zone. You can get the hang of how CZs work and you can do some damage in the CZ but you cannot sensibly take out one of the opposition on your own - you have to tag along with allies and be ready to get out fast if you start to get picked on. (Have a route plotted to a nearby system before starting to fight - you can do a hyperjump without being inhibited {slow FSD charge} by other ships.)

... oh yes, nearly forgot - Welcome. (y)

Massive storm approaching Germany, not Cyrill levels but 140km/h gusts are bad enough. Stay safe and wish me luck, tomorrow is not much better forecasted, and we need to drive our dog to get her operation. Fingers crossed we won't get hit by anything and the operation goes well. Cooking salmon, broccoli and potatos for her now. :)
It is/has been crossing Britain, I was just watching the branches being swept down the road outside my house by the water which is across the whole width of the road and flowing rapidly to the low point about five houses down from me. I have no intention of going out into it.

Good luck for tomorrow.

Top Bottom