SO TIRED of trying to find Pharmaceutical Isolators & Military SuperCaps

Neither, they are really easy to find on galmap. One of each within a jump or two of each engineer I've always found.
Let me remind you this thread is about PIs, how do you find them "easily"?

I liked V1 since I got all the benefits and no downsides through never grinding at it, V2 is more convenient and has an easy to reach hard cap so its much better balanced. I can also switch experimentals whenever I feel like it now which is another huge bonus. Nothing to dislike from my perspective.

Nobodies forcing you to do the optional thing either way.
You know everything between birth and death is optional, so your argument is no argument, just a cheap excuse.

Grab any high level mats and trade, mission rewards, drops by elite pirates. You know playing the game.

You know everything between birth and death is optional, so your argument is no argument, just a cheap excuse.

We are talking about a video game, if your approach to it makes you unhappy you are either doing it wrong or playing the wrong game.

Grind is just Pebcak.

You don't.

But...

You can stock up on other G5 manufactured materials very easily, just hit systems in boom, they're filled with HGE's, just get whatever you catch and trade for PIs. Each HGE will give you from 6 to 18 g5 mats. Then go to a material trader and get whatever you need. Quick and easy.

Or...

Keep trying desperatly to specifically find PIs for some reason, and complain in frustration. Your call.

That is a workaround, not a solution.

Nope its a much better way of doing exactly the same thing without all the self inflicted saltiness.

There is two side of a coin, maybe, just maybe it is a flaw in the game.

I only play games I enjoy in the ways I enjoy, that's sort of the point of them. If you insist on doing it in a way you clearly don't enjoy then that's your problem.

You don't.

But...

You can stock up on other G5 manufactured materials very easily, just hit systems in boom, they're filled with HGE's, just get whatever you catch and trade for PIs. Each HGE will give you from 6 to 18 g5 mats. Then go to a material trader and get whatever you need. Quick and easy.

Or...

Keep trying desperatly to specifically find PIs for some reason, and complain in frustration. Your call.

Yes, it's easy. Just really dull and time consuming with these exchange rates. Not exactly exciting gameplay in my opinion.

Nope its a much better way of doing exactly the same thing without all the self inflicted saltiness.

I only play games I enjoy in the ways I enjoy, that's sort of the point of them. If you insist on doing it in a way you clearly don't enjoy then that's your problem.
I'd rather want a good game fixed, instead of finding workarounds and apologizing design or general flaws.

I'd rather want a good game fixed, instead of finding workarounds and apologizing design or general flaws.

Yeah I get that, but since I only really value the opinions of enthusiastic people when it comes to hobbies I'm not overly bothered that you don't enjoy your way of doing things except as an example of how I should never do it 🤷‍♂️.

In theory. In reality you have to deal with RNGsus. For example, yesterday I spent two hours checking out Outbreak systems. Not a single one had any HGE signal sources.

When playing Elite you absolutely MUST NOT have any goal whatsoever. :p

Just fly around and see what happens, otherwise you're playing the game wrong.

Well, maybe i'm lucky but i usually get some. And even if i dont get PI i get other things that can be traded sideways.
Point is, i get my Chemical Manipulators usually from trading down PI :)

I only went once to Dav's and after 2 rounds i became more interested in the nearby, truly majestic, mountain 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Well, maybe i'm lucky but i usually get some. And even if i dont get PI i get other things that can be traded sideways.
Point is, i get my Chemical Manipulator susually from trading down PI :)

I only went once to Dav's and after 2 rounds i became more interested in the nearby, truly majestic, mountain 🤷‍♂️

I drove up that mountain too! (y)

7 pages in and it seems that all that has been achieved is that some of us are sycophants.. Some of you need to walk away and stop lurking the forum of a game that you hate and no longer play. Lurking and abusing those who enjoy the game really seems like a good use of time.

The forum undead are best approached as a constant source of salty comedy.

Run missions, kill the mission spawn pirates. The mats come to you, no need to hunt for them.

I do nearly nothing but Combat Missions. You will not get Military Supercaps. Period. Pharmaceutical Isolators are very rare, and only off high rank Anacondas, which you see a lot less of at higher ranks as they are replaced with Corvettes. Then no Isolators for you.

Anyone denying these materials are an issue are ignorant or WK.

I do nearly nothing but Combat Missions. You will not get Military Supercaps. Period. Pharmaceutical Isolators are very rare, and only off high rank Anacondas, which you see a lot less of at higher ranks as they are replaced with Corvettes. Then no Isolators for you.

So the issue, in this case, is your choice of mission selection, not the game.

If you take Elite delivery missions you'll get no end of Deadly and Elite Anacondas as mission enemies who drop PIs. I wouldn't say you'll get ton of them for the time invested, but at any given time I have 20-30 of them from this activity. I'm still only a Dangerous scrub, so perhaps these missions do get an upgrade to Vettes once you hit Deadly or Elite in combat--dunno.

I do nearly nothing but Combat Missions. You will not get Military Supercaps.

Of course you will not get them from missions

They do come in War / Civil War HGE. But they are the rare drop. Most often you will get Military Grade Alloys.
Anyway, I just got 15 in San Tu and 12 in Bhaguti.
Bhaguti, even tho it's a small pop system, was spawning HGE's like crazy - unfortunately one of the factions in war is Fed aligned... so most of the HGEs contained Core Dynamics and the ones that didnt, had Military Grade Alloys.

Top Bottom