Most and least favorite ships.

Ships I love:

1. Krait Phantom <- the best
2. Imperial Courier
3. Imperial Cutter
4. Mamba

Ships I like:

This list ended up encompassing half the ships in the game, so I truncated it down to my top 5 in this category.

1. Imperial Eagle
2. Orca
3. Anaconda
4. DBX
5. FDS

And finally, ships I irrationally dislike:

Python
Keelback

LOVE but really really trying to make it useful: Challenger
Don't love but reluctantly using them due to usefulness: Krait MK2, DBX.
Former favorite ships that I don't fly much anymore: Cobra Mk3.
Have used but really don't like: Type 6, 7, Keelback, Crusader
Have used but hate: ASPX

LOVE but really really trying to make it useful: Challenger
Don't love but reluctantly using them due to usefulness: Krait MK2, DBX.
Former favorite ships that I don't fly much anymore: Cobra Mk3.
Have used but really don't like: Type 6, 7, Keelback, Crusader
Have used but hate: ASPX
Have you ever flown the beluga?

Have you ever flown the beluga?
I haven't really flown any of the Saud K. ships. Have been playing ED since Oct 2019, so cash is not in abundance either. I am also not really into Large ships. I keep only 2 ships at a time, one for personal use(DBX) and the other to pretend I am in Firefly world. :D

But I keep hearing people talking about Beluga. One of this days I may have to go for a test drive. Isn't it mostly a Passenger ship?

...Of course im sure you all know what my favorite ships are....

Well I don't, so share away buddy!

Default ship of choice for a while
Python - 'Pink Panther'* does everything that I want, and perhaps a bit too well. That the larger ships can't dock at outposts is a 'deal breaker' for me as outposts are imho the most fun to dock at.

My favourites
T6 - I have spent more time in 'Trundle' than any other ship. Everything is A-rated, it has a fabulous cockpit view, is deceptively nimble, boosts all day, and I still use it for passenger missions. This boat is (imho) the absolute best value for money 'early' ship for everything except combat.
Cobra III - every time I get in the 'Fussy Buzzer' I turn the volume up to 11, hit boost and grin - 'nuff said.
DBX - 'Longbow' is (now) my go-to explorer. An amazing jump range, with just enough slots it's just a shame that it doesn't have the T6 cockpit. Oh well.

Honourable mentions
DBS - 'Kitty's Got Claws' is just a joy to fly, fast and nimble enough with excellent weapon placement to make combat an absolute hoot, yet vulnerable enough to make it scary too. Coming back with a blown cockpit is 'always fun'.
FAS - 'Lapsed Pacifist' is a joy to use for risky missions, or just melting NPCs at a haz-res. Sometimes I even have to look up from doing a Sodoku.
Cobra IV - 'Oh-Oh' is a great wee ship as long as I think of her as a mini Python, for only then does everything make sense.
Sidewinder - 'Ms Swan' is there when I want to travel to pick up a new ship. Stripped back to bare bones with a fuel scoop it's always brilliant to be back in a Sidey

Owned Unused
Anaconda - no matter how I try 'Geraldine' just doesn't connect, and I only use her grudgingly. There's nothing really wrong with this boat, it's good at everything and I have some nice paints and the ship-kit (I love the 'armour' near the cockpit), and in combat she's formidable with turrets... but... the thing is... I just don't connect with her and to be honest I should sell her.

Sold
Dolphin - it was fun but 'meh'.

Sold Never to Re-buy
Asp Explorer - I disliked this one so much I named her 'I Never Loved You' and promptly sold her. No where near better enough than my T6 for trading and it looks like a cow-pat.

* why the 'Pink Panther'?
nBQP8oS.jpg

Well I don't, so share away buddy!

Default ship of choice for a while
Python - 'Pink Panther'* does everything that I want, and perhaps a bit too well. That the larger ships can't dock at outposts is a 'deal breaker' for me as outposts are imho the most fun to dock at.

My favourites
T6 - I have spent more time in 'Trundle' than any other ship. Everything is A-rated, it has a fabulous cockpit view, is deceptively nimble, boosts all day, and I still use it for passenger missions. This boat is (imho) the absolute best value for money 'early' ship for everything except combat.
Cobra III - every time I get in the 'Fussy Buzzer' I turn the volume up to 11, hit boost and grin - 'nuff said.
DBX - 'Longbow' is (now) my go-to explorer. An amazing jump range, with just enough slots it's just a shame that it doesn't have the T6 cockpit. Oh well.

Honourable mentions
DBS - 'Kitty's Got Claws' is just a joy to fly, fast and nimble enough with excellent weapon placement to make combat an absolute hoot, yet vulnerable enough to make it scary too. Coming back with a blown cockpit is 'always fun'.
FAS - 'Lapsed Pacifist' is a joy to use for risky missions, or just melting NPCs at a haz-res. Sometimes I even have to look up from doing a Sodoku.
Cobra IV - 'Oh-Oh' is a great wee ship as long as I think of her as a mini Python, for only then does everything make sense.
Sidewinder - 'Ms Swan' is there when I want to travel to pick up a new ship. Stripped back to bare bones with a fuel scoop it's always brilliant to be back in a Sidey

Owned Unused
Anaconda - no matter how I try 'Geraldine' just doesn't connect, and I only use her grudgingly. There's nothing really wrong with this boat, it's good at everything and I have some nice paints and the ship-kit (I love the 'armour' near the cockpit), and in combat she's formidable with turrets... but... the thing is... I just don't connect with her and to be honest I should sell her.

Sold
Dolphin - it was fun but 'meh'.

Sold Never to Re-buy
Asp Explorer - I disliked this one so much I named her 'I Never Loved You' and promptly sold her. No where near better enough than my T6 for trading and it looks like a cow-pat.

* why the 'Pink Panther'?
nBQP8oS.jpg
Mine is beluga. Always has been, and always will be

I haven't really flown any of the Saud K. ships. Have been playing ED since Oct 2019, so cash is not in abundance either. I am also not really into Large ships. I keep only 2 ships at a time, one for personal use(DBX) and the other to pretend I am in Firefly world. :D

But I keep hearing people talking about Beluga. One of this days I may have to go for a test drive. Isn't it mostly a Passenger ship?
Its supposed to be, but itll happily do anything you want it to and more

Well if I'm being childish, trite, and annoying...

Most

Keelback it's my space ute
Crusader looks cool slf bay, srv bay hooning on and around planets.
Dollphin smooth flying in SC little space yatch

Least
Hauler ...I love the ship, it just sounds like you are hauling pigs. All of the time

T7 should be the biggest medium cargo boat, not the smallest big ship.

Haven't flown anywhere near all of them, l like them or not for practical reasons not for brand or colour, or popularity. Now those might be childish reasons

Well if I'm being childish, trite, and annoying...

Most

Keelback it's my space ute
Crusader looks cool slf bay, srv bay hooning on and around planets.
Dollphin smooth flying in SC little space yatch

Least
Hauler ...I love the ship, it just sounds like you are hauling pigs. All of the time

T7 should be the biggest medium cargo boat, not the smallest big ship.

Haven't flown anywhere near all of them, l like them or not for practical reasons not for brand or colour, or popularity. Now those might be childish reasons
Nah, those are solid reasons :) Flying what feels best always works out better for me than something based on pure parameters. How the cockpit looks, how it sounds, if it looks good on "insert ship name in front of stuff" screenshots.

Favorite Ships: FDL - Phantom - Cutter - Courier

-FDL for the ultimate space superiority fighter (I can't get enough of this thing, been using it for PvE for years, been working on it for PvP).

-Phantom for my explorer / traveler / smuggler (Good riddance Asp Explorer, I hate you !!!!). This ship has charm and I have nothing bad to say about it. Now that my paint is worn down below 50% it looks perfect for that smuggler vibe. This is the ship Han Solo would sell the Falcon for.

-Cutter only had it for a week but it's become my laser miner (Rip Anaconda), general purpose mission runner (Rip Krait Mk II) and armed trade ship ( Rip Type-10). Amazing vibe flying this ship, unlike anything from any other ship I have flown. You have to take flying very seriously and going absent minded or not thinking about approach docking can instantly make you feel embarrassed about your flying. Just flying this thing and going in and out of stations and docking is like its own game and im proud when I don't botch a landing and come in smooth. I can't fly it seat of my pants and have to be very methodical and I take it seriously and adopt a professional pilot approach to it.

-Courier is probably my most fun ship to fly. It's exactly how I imagine a futuristic high tech starfighter. It evokes feelings of modern fighter jets and decent firepower for a small ship and its speed make it an instant favorite. It's the best looking ship in the game and the cockpit is amazing. If I ever manage to get vr it's going to be the first ship I fly. I love finding excuses to use it for missions even though I have better ships and it's fun to try and outfit it for general purpose tasks you would use a more optimum ship for.

Least Favorite Ship: Asp Explorer. I spent months in this as a Robigo smuggler back in the day. I was new to the game a couple months and didn't really know anything advanced, hell I didn't even know you could use heat sink / silent running to beat the scans at stations so I would have to boost in and just go for it everytime. Many frustrating nights when I lost more than I made. When I think of this ship and hear it, I instantly get sucked back to endless travel between Robigo and the bubble, space madness that takes me back to that exact time. It wasn't abnormal to get so tired jumping back and forth I would fall asleep at the keyboard and wake up to the rebuy and failing a bunch of missions. But she did make me enough money for Python and after that I would only use Asp X for a bubble taxi and even then I tried to avoid it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom