Most and least favorite ships.

Will be a corvette once grind is done..having not flown one in sure it's right for me.
My modded python muddles through multitasking. 5 big guns is all good. Can mod her to 70ly range or suit out for mining alot of ore.
Corvette for sure.
Least fav was the krait 2. Hated that noise. Cockpit was nice in VR though, unlike the pythons which sucks.
Dbx nice too but too small. I like lots of stuff on board so I can do wotever whim takes me.
o7

I guess my favourite flyers are the Courier & FDL (in that order) just because I like their handling.
The Corvette deserves an honourable mention, as does the Beluga (particularly with 5 Pack Hounds)
Least favourite goes to both Anaconda & Cutter.
Most useful to DBX & Krait Phantom (as explorers) and T-10 as explorer/miner...
I mostly like the Alliance Challenger too ;)

Last edited:
New List (VR-centric):
  • Eagle - wing combat, courier missions, sightseeing / planetary exploration
  • Mamba - serious combat, special "somebody may come after you" missions
  • Phantom - mining, deep space exploration
  • Type-7 - passenger missions, station rescue
  • Type-9 - trading
  • Python - everything else / some-of-the-above

That's actually kinda a big list for a minimalist, but I prefer having dedicated ships for dedicated tasks than having 1000 modules I need to manage and swap all the time. BTW, that is my entire fleet - why own a ship I don't love?

Long time fav: AspX - just because we spent so much time together out in the black. It is not the most beautiful, but it is versatile and has character.
New favorite: Krait Phantom. Even unengineered nice to explore with.
Least fav: Cobta Mk.III - just didnt like the cockpit view.

New List (VR-centric):
  • Eagle - wing combat, courier missions, sightseeing / planetary exploration
  • Mamba - serious combat, special "somebody may come after you" missions
  • Phantom - mining, deep space exploration
  • Type-7 - passenger missions, station rescue
  • Type-9 - trading
  • Python - everything else / some-of-the-above

That's actually kinda a big list for a minimalist, but I prefer having dedicated ships for dedicated tasks than having 1000 modules I need to manage and swap all the time. BTW, that is my entire fleet - why own a ship I don't love?
Have you tried the T-10 in VR yet?
Think Cathedral... :)

I mostly like the Alliance Challenger too ;)
Aah! First Challenger liker I came across since forever. :D
I have one in the garage. LOVE the sound, LOVE the green, LOVE the look. But having difficulties stack it against the ugly Krait MK2 I am running around with out of necessity.
What/How do you use your Challenger?

Favorite due to fun factor (I really look forward to flying these): Corvette, Conda, T10, FDL
I really hate flying: FGS - its twitchy and I really suck at it. But I force myself to practice in the FGS because its good for me, like, getting a teeth cleaning.

I've always had a soft spot for the sidewinder, but you run out of space for modules, it's slow and can't jump very far even with upgrades.
But have come to like the imperial eagle, it packs a lot of punch for its size and is pretty.
Least fav ship, Cobra IV, its parked at a station somewhere because I'm a bit of a horder. I'd stick to the Cobra III.

The Viper IV suffers the same problem, it's to slow and heavy compared with the prior version.

Technically, the 'favorite ships' is cycling back in, too... ;)

My Top 3 (Best to Worst):
  • Diamondback Explorer
  • Beluga Liner
  • Federal Corvette? Alliance Chieftain? Adder? (I Dunno...99% of my flight time is in #1 and #2)

If I'm not tooling around in the DBX - because it can do literally everything but higher level combat - I'm in the Bellasarius XVII, a cruise liner in the top 1% of the liners in the galaxy because I'm that guy that enjoys RP'ing a patient tour guide or bus driver. And those curves and that shape...erhem, anyways. Saud Kruger makes a very eye-catching vessel. After that? I probably use the Corvette most to grind combat rank, or the chieftain for AX, or the Adder because it's just so damn cute and authentic.

My Bottom 3...well, there's a lot of ships I haven't flown despite owning nearly every large ship. So, I've got two bottom 3 lists: the list of ships I have flown, and the list of ships I'm not remotely interesting in flying to start with.

My Bottom 3 Flown (Best to Worst):
  • Type-7
  • Alliance Crusader
  • Cobra Mk. III

I owned these (and still do) and just didn't enjoy them very much. I really, really want to like the Crusader. I dig SLF mediums, but it just sucks. So if I have a medium I love, it's the chieftain or the Krait Mk. II.

My Bottom 3 Not Flown (Best to Worst):
  • FDL
  • Asp Scout
  • Python

I will likely never fly any of these three ships. Just not interested. There are others, too, that I likely won't fly. It's mostly aesthetics - the shape or general look of certain ships really don't appeal to me. For example, I do not own an Anaconda and probably never will. I just don't dig it. Same for Python or Mamba. I never flew an Asp Scout but I did fly an Asp Explorer because I thought it would be better than my DBX.

It wasn't.

So, I never bothered with the other Asp because I didn't much care for the first to begin with. That's probably when I decided I'm only going to fly stuff that actually looks nice to me because, frankly, stats and min/max and such never have done much for me. Otherwise I'd be playing Destiny or some such.

I've always had a soft spot for the sidewinder, but you run out of space for modules, it's slow and can't jump very far even with upgrades.
But have come to like the imperial eagle, it packs a lot of punch for its size and is pretty.
Least fav ship, Cobra IV, its parked at a station somewhere because I'm a bit of a horder. I'd stick to the Cobra III.

The Viper IV suffers the same problem, it's to slow and heavy compared with the prior version.
My viper IV goes 500ms, has 2.5k hull and a 25ly jump range. What happened to yours?

Aah! First Challenger liker I came across since forever. :D
I have one in the garage. LOVE the sound, LOVE the green, LOVE the look. But having difficulties stack it against the ugly Krait MK2 I am running around with out of necessity.
What/How do you use your Challenger?
Fast charge bi-weave, tank it.
Armoured to death.
Like a slower tankier Chieftain.

I just like the mean looks, love it for Thargoid bashing.

Technically, the 'favorite ships' is cycling back in, too... ;)

My Top 3 (Best to Worst):
  • Diamondback Explorer
  • Beluga Liner
  • Federal Corvette? Alliance Chieftain? Adder? (I Dunno...99% of my flight time is in #1 and #2)

If I'm not tooling around in the DBX - because it can do literally everything but higher level combat - I'm in the Bellasarius XVII, a cruise liner in the top 1% of the liners in the galaxy because I'm that guy that enjoys RP'ing a patient tour guide or bus driver. And those curves and that shape...erhem, anyways. Saud Kruger makes a very eye-catching vessel. After that? I probably use the Corvette most to grind combat rank, or the chieftain for AX, or the Adder because it's just so damn cute and authentic.

I use my DBX all the time. My #1 utility ship. Its perfect for bubble hopping, guardian sites, crystal shard farming, cheap to transfer and has a fun factor as I practice docking on S landing pads.

As of late, I've really been enjoying the Challenger. I made one for Cyclops hunting and liked it so much I made another for CZ action. I had no idea how well that retains speed through turns, and while it hasn't (and won't) retired my Chieftain, it is still a blast for combat.
I always enjoying flying any of my many Viper MKIVs. It is a highly versatile ship and I love everything about it.
The only ships I do not own and at least sometimes fly are the Beluga, Keelback, and DBS (that debased cobra thing that is no longer available too, I guess).

Mamba. It's sleek and fast and is a very good alternative to the FDL.

Viper IV is my utility ship. Planetary stuff, data delivery, etc etc. Tough little machine.

My Corvette has been in dock for a long time and it's basically just there for me to tinker on before I fly something else out.

I spend most of my time in the three Imperial ships. For administration purposes, I might have to jump in the Asp or Krait Mk II, but I don't actually play the game in them. If the Imperial ships were not an option, I think the Krait would be my go to.

Least favorites are Anaconda and Python. I couldn't stand the Conda and promptly sold it. The Python I held on to for specific scenarios, but sold it as soon as got the Krait.

Top Bottom