Alien archaeology and other mysteries: Breaking News, Theories and Tinfoil Hattery

An almost comically timed... we get a new galnet report....

Window_-_001998.png

They’re wrong! Just reached 2000 passengers rescued and there’s still loads of non human uss in-system!
Two things;
  • NHSS are not an incursion. Only AX CZs are signs of an incursion
  • Asterope is an edge-case for USS generation (USS includes NHSS), and just gets an unusually large number of USS in it.

RE: Point 2, I've been observing this behaviour for a while. All I can put it down it is, when there's a system which contains a star, but no bodies orbiting that star, it gets a large amount of USS spawning in the system (anywhere up to 40-60 odd)

In Asterope's case, there are three stars with no orbital bodies, so there can be up to 180-200 USS in it.

I'm still assessing the exact cause of this edge-case, as it's doesn't always occur according to the rule i've specified, and it can also occur occasionally outside that rule, but it's the most consistent source of systems with large amounts of USS. It's an odd bug...

Commanders cleared those systems faster than the media could write about it. 😁(y)
And that's why ED should have a player-run media system. It would definitely be much more interesting.

"Local athorities are hopeful that a defence force can be organised soon." Yeah, we've already cleared it, kthx.

Made my way back to Sol from Asterope today. There are an awful lot of damaged stations appeared on the galmap!!
Guess this is the real start of the goid invasion 👽👽

Edit: just wish FD would remember they have a Galnet News page to keep up to date!!
Or is this The Club stifling the dire news of imminent thargoid invasion whilst making final preparations to make their departure from the bubble, leaving the rest of humanity to slow the bugs down?

Last edited:

Deleted member 38366

D

Odd, there's nothing special about these normally.
In Sectors where those Peduncle Trees exist (i.e. in Dryman's Point) they seem a dime a dozen, NSPs in nearly every System, making them an extremely frequent occurrence in this Sector (?)

EDSM says the System was passed (Sun and Asteroid Belt Cluster scanned) - but there's 29 out of 30 Bodies unscanned.
Discovery Data is from Jan 5, 2019 for what it's worth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Odd, there's nothing special about these normally.
In Sectors where those Peduncle Trees exist (i.e. in Dryman's Point) they seem a dime a dozen, NSPs in nearly every System, making them an extremely frequent occurrence in this Sector (?)
Hmm didn't realise they were one of the already found Stellar objects. Any of them green?

Deleted member 38366

D
Hmm didn't realise they were one of the already found Stellar objects. Any of them green?

Yes, I've scanned Green ones myself, just checking the timestamp with my Flight Logs to get the location.
ELITE-Jan3306-DarkNSP.jpg

(Verifying location - should be Systipa FH-T d4-12 , scanned on Jan 25, 2020, 7:09:29 PM )

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else noticed the Unknown Signals out of Thargoid structures have changed? They're now almost 0-second messages with just some digital noise.. unsure if this is significant, or just another thing removed from the game, because we now have FSS to discover other structures? (Which would be a shame; the laser pointing of Thargoid Links was really cool). Video coming...

Top Bottom