My first 24 hours

Usually people spend the first 24 hours on the controls options menu.
After a long grind yesterday I was looking forward to taking my new ship out for a spin

did a nice pink paint job and finally went launch only to find I apparently hadnt got auto anymore and had to make my first exit under time pressure eek it all went remarkably well though untill I discovered no thrust or FSD hmm ahh landing gear still down had to sort that from the right panel and then I made my first jump only to discover I had inadvertantly not packed my scoop so back to station and got my stored module then had a nice time on my "Road to riches" list about 10 systems 12 scans and then back to home base to collect 15m and improve further my rep and inf Ive got over 60m in the bank and will spend further 70 eventually on my ship but no rush I know I can always earn on Exploration although only at 5m an hour rather than 30m as is suggested I think this is because on PS4 we cant copy and paste destinations have to enter manualy and then bookmark and for me that involves a written list the PC version is much quicker.

I think my next big challege is to master mapping my Hotus 4 still lots to learn and no training you tube tutorials i have found

I have no idea how to use a shield bank ,a heatsink and have never fired a weapon at an actual ship except in training in fact Ive never seen what killed me in the 3 NPC deaths Ive experienced but now I have time fairly hassle free income and no pressure to do anything in particular

Appreciate the ideas and reaching out Guys Im repatriating my Cobra at the moment

After my morning Explore I did a 12 jump 120ly return to base and on entering the station only needed 157 c fuel so pleased with that

Last edited:
I made just short of 17 million in less than 2 hours doing "The PoopRun" between a nice single jump systems,there really is money to be made in Bio Waste!

I made 5m and Petty Officer ,Ranger and got my Sol Permit in about the same time also beat a killer sent after me in the interdiction for the first time (3 times) still cant do the discord thing :)

I tried the mining training program and it suffocated me even though I turned various modules down to 2 priority and no way out had to wait 7 mins to get back to the options screen

Last edited:
I made 5m and Petty Officer ,Ranger and got my Sol Permit in about the same time also beat a killer sent after me in the interdiction for the first time (3 times) still cant do the discord thing :)

I tried the mining training program and it suffocated me even though I turned various modules down to 2 priority and no way out had to wait 7 mins to get back to the options screen
Yea I skipped the mining training and watched a few YouTube vids over and over. Made 20 mil in under an hour in my asp X. Got lucky with some low temp diamonds so got myself the krait mk2.
This evening is gonna be spent outfitting it and doing the diamond run I've found.

However got interdicted for the 1st time I solo for no reason. Had no cargo only limpets and I don't think I've peeved any faction off too much. Thought it was a bit bizarre.

In Yorkshire we have a saying..."Where there is muck,there is Brass(money)"
poop.jpg

Discord app isn't on your playstation
You either need a pc or tablet or android or iphone

Discord app isn't on your playstation
You either need a pc or tablet or android or iphone
Ive got a PC (dont go online with my phone) does discord operate at the same time as my PS4 account cos I have to change HDML channels to move between only other solution is to hook up an old monitor for the PC but im not then sure if the soundand pic will still come through the HDLM with VGA connected to the monitor when I only want to use my main TV as PC monitor

Thanks all had a really good session today earnt another 17m running easy missions seem to have mastered the interdiction problem

I met up with a mate in real today and we set up a private group and he jumped over to my location and we took our Cobras out and had a bit of combat training and for the first time I actually saw "the enemy" lol good fun and I learnt my weapons dont fire without pips very long and I landed on an outpost for the first time solo (with 30 secs to spare) then returned to a large orbital and did the same easy peasy so I reckon all the landings on auto in the 249 systems Ive visited have wired in some sort of ability

Ive also syncd up with Innara today and nerdily poured over my stats for the first time wonderful

Tip for the cobra, its yaw is very slow compared to almost any other small ship. Instead try using roll and pitch in combat situations. Also, the cobra has a very nice boost, use that while pitching and it will make you "flip" faster. (this may take some practice.) - And your shield is tiny, so when fighting npcs, try to get behind them or attack the belly or back rather than fighting them head on where they can bring all their guns to bear on you.

Thanks all had a really good session today earnt another 17m running easy missions seem to have mastered the interdiction problem

I met up with a mate in real today and we set up a private group and he jumped over to my location and we took our Cobras out and had a bit of combat training and for the first time I actually saw "the enemy" lol good fun and I learnt my weapons dont fire without pips very long and I landed on an outpost for the first time solo (with 30 secs to spare) then returned to a large orbital and did the same easy peasy so I reckon all the landings on auto in the 249 systems Ive visited have wired in some sort of ability

Ive also syncd up with Innara today and nerdily poured over my stats for the first time wonderful
If it's any consolation, I played for years without much of a clue about anything but just flew around having fun and learning slowly. I bought my first combat ship (Krait mk II) yesterday and am liking all the pew! pew! now I don't die within 10 seconds and I made an account on Inara too. It's a great game but for me at least, the learning curve was steep. O7!

Braking in your corners will help also to keep a lock or your eye on the enemy is something that helps me alot. Flying an un engineered krait mk2 atm so that really helps.

Braking in your corners will help also to keep a lock or your eye on the enemy is something that helps me alot. Flying an un engineered krait mk2 atm so that really helps.
flying the same ship , I have only "lost" 3 interdictions in her and those were throttle mistakes Im going to buy every module for her A & D and all the mining stuff Ive already explored in her a little and that was great I might up her jump range with an engineer but as yet Im not intending to fight beyond self defence She is carrying 184 t in current config and yesterday I found a run trading Polymers over 32ly buy 379 Sell 9032 best yet the return not nearly so good but 18 mis round trip

I would also like to do some search and rescue looks like fun and I also need to add to and master my Hotus 4 so plenty to keep me busy Im over 100,000,000

Balance
Current assets
153,243,267 Cr
Credits spent on ships
39,344,513 Cr
Credits spent on outfitting
23,931,491 Cr
Credits spent on repairs
47,416 Cr
Credits spent on fuel
15,238 Cr
Credits spent on munitions
311 Cr
Insurance claims
Total claim costs
481,960 Cr

flying the same ship , I have only "lost" 3 interdictions in her and those were throttle mistakes Im going to buy every module for her A & D and all the mining stuff Ive already explored in her a little and that was great I might up her jump range with an engineer but as yet Im not intending to fight beyond self defence She is carrying 184 t in current config and yesterday I found a run trading Polymers over 32ly buy 379 Sell 9032 best yet the return not nearly so good but 18 mis round trip

I would also like to do some search and rescue looks like fun and I also need to add to and master my Hotus 4 so plenty to keep me busy Im over 100,000,000

Balance
Current assets
153,243,267 Cr
Credits spent on ships
39,344,513 Cr
Credits spent on outfitting
23,931,491 Cr
Credits spent on repairs
47,416 Cr
Credits spent on fuel
15,238 Cr
Credits spent on munitions
311 Cr
Insurance claims
Total claim costs
481,960 Cr
Yea I've bought this as my all rounder ship. Gonna get her loaded for exploration 1st then mining so the fsd can get over 20+ly fully laden . Would like to make it more nimble in combat but that is gonna take a bit of figuring out with its weight and extras.

Top Bottom