No more patch updates before Fleet Carriers?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Really? This widely supported open letter about exactly this topic has never happened? Let's talk about parallel universes instead... :p
Even now I don't see awfully lot enthusiasm about FCs but further interest in bug fixing instead. Maybe we should swap our glasses sometime.

Frontier in their customer management business process have adopted a sensitivity to a certain demographic. All the participants came from i think paige previously referred to as "social". I had no idea about things existence let alone an opportunity to support it.

The fact that frontier then used this as a tool to redress a schedule delay after project management staff changes is just icing.

.... what if they didnt do it i wouldnt have typed this post.

Yeah, ignore all the previous doom statements since 2013. This time is for realsies.
7h0qpRN.gif
I miss those guys....

I disagree. A lot of the bugs were fixed. That part I can't really complain about - they did say, they would fix long- and short-term bugs and they did just that, and a lot of them!

I agree! At last the Taupe Cobra that bothered and irritated me earlier disappeared!

Second quarter, my guess is fleet carriers will be released near the end of June. Don't buy the carrier on day one, save your credits for the New Era DLC and get the Remlok socks for the double dash ability.

It doesn't make sense for Frontier to announce anything including a date for an announcement until they are certain of the date. By not announcing anything until they are certain it gives Frontier some flexibility in the timeline to resolve any last minute issues that appear.

I'm sure Frontier are just as eager to talk about Fleet Carriers as we are to hear about them.
not to forget - they will release them without any Beta test/feedback. the moment they will come out with Details, the Update was already sent to Microsoft and Sony for verification and with a set-in-stone release day.

sadly i must confess i played it til today and i am playing it for my Clan, the UGC but it does not amuse me anymore. Sorry but true Elite: Dangerous mutates to Elite: Graveyard of hope....

Whatever, Star Citizen wil be ready in 2 oder 3 Years til then i have at least Darkstar One that doesnt disappoint me since i played it....

Whatever, Star Citizen wil be ready in 2 oder 3 Years til then i have at least Darkstar One that doesnt disappoint me since i played it....

Darkstar one was a great game, I completed it twice, once on PC, once on XB360............... however comepared to ED it is incredibly shallow imo.

if you want that vibe with a slightly more modern twist check out Rebel Galaxy outlaw. again for me its no replacement for ED, but it is certainly worthy of taking up HD space along side it.

back to ED....
I know it has been reported multiple times but am just wondering if ever the discovery scanner (or what ever it is called now) will be fixed properly in VR to have the lines. its not a show stopper but the fact is compared to flat version it is functionally incomplete.

Precisely.

For FD the "open letter" was just a perfect scapegoat to hide the fact that FC's were not, again, ready for release. Or does anyone seriously believe that FD had the FC's nearly ready but because of some youtubers "open letter" decided at the last minute to postpone their release by another half a year and do bugfixes instead? :D :D

And by the way, how is the bugfixes marathon going so far?... Almost half way to the FC new deadline, and there was only a tiny patch so far...

It's entirely possible they were ready to release FCs in December - in a buggy and incomplete state. Which is exactly what we didn't want. The Open Letter was a reaction to the buggy state of the September update. We asked them to reintroduce betas (which is what they did) and more quality (which is hopefully what we will get with FCs in Q2 compared to the hypothetical broken December release).
Claiming this isn't what we asked for would be dishonest in my opinion.
On the other hand I don't believe the Open Letter had much impact on Frontiers decision to delay FCs, it just happens to be the best option. And to be fair, the Open Letter asked for a lot of other things like better communication and some other nonsense like making the game Open Only. :D

Last edited:
It's entirely possible they were ready to release FCs in December - in a buggy and incomplete state.

You basically said exactly the same as I did. I said "not ready for release", you said "buggy and incomplete". Different words, but In the end, it's exactly the same.

And to be fair, the Open Letter asked for a lot of other things like better communication and some other nonsense like making the game Open Only. :D

I ain't fond of the "open letter" either. I even find the notion that the authors feel they represent the community absurd.

It's entirely possible they were ready to release FCs in December - in a buggy and incomplete state. Which is exactly what we didn't want. The Open Letter was a reaction to the buggy state of the September update. We asked them to reintroduce betas (which is what they did) and more quality (which is hopefully what we will get with FCs in Q2 compared to the hypothetical broken December release).
Claiming this isn't what we asked for would be dishonest in my opinion.
On the other hand I don't believe the Open Letter had much impact on Frontiers decision to delay FCs, it just happens to be the best option. And to be fair, the Open Letter asked for a lot of other things like better communication and some other nonsense like making the game Open Only. :D
I'd debate that, 'we' didn't ask for this - a bunch of self-important youtube influencers, the leader of an infamous 'ganker' group and a few other folk with large egos asked for it... All claiming to represent "The Community"...

The whole truth is that the majority of players didn't ask for it.... They just kept on playing the game and not making any fuss - exactly what was the number of unverified signatures on the 'open letter' petition as a percentage of total sales?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom