New Community Manager - Bruce Garrido

Greetings Commanders!

I’m Bruce and I’ve joined the Elite Dangerous team as a Community Manager. Previously, I was a CM for Old School RuneScape (a medieval point-and-click MMO), and I’m excited to meet and interact with a whole new community. If you’d like, join this Thursday’s livestream to come and say hello!

I play all sorts of games in my free time with story-rich RPGs being my favourite. I usually have one of those on the go plus something more casual to even things out. I can’t wait to immerse myself in Elite Dangerous, and start exploring the galaxy. SRV racing looks amazing.

I’m looking forward to getting to know all of you over the coming weeks and I’ll happily respond to and questions here or on Twitter and Discord (Gambit#7472).

Thanks,
CMDR Bruce (Gambit)
Welcome to the Elite Galaxy commander!

I'm looking forward to seeing you out in the black and in colour on the live stream.

o7

Greetings Commanders!

I’m Bruce and I’ve joined the Elite Dangerous team as a Community Manager. Previously, I was a CM for Old School RuneScape (a medieval point-and-click MMO), and I’m excited to meet and interact with a whole new community. If you’d like, join this Thursday’s livestream to come and say hello!

I play all sorts of games in my free time with story-rich RPGs being my favourite. I usually have one of those on the go plus something more casual to even things out. I can’t wait to immerse myself in Elite Dangerous, and start exploring the galaxy. SRV racing looks amazing.

I’m looking forward to getting to know all of you over the coming weeks and I’ll happily respond to and questions here or on Twitter and Discord (Gambit#7472).

Thanks,
CMDR Bruce (Gambit)

Welcome Bruce! I hope you have "herding hundreds of kittens at once" experience, because that what this place sometimes seems like to me :)
Jokes aside there's some salt, and some sugar as well.. Good luck! ;)
*OH.. and if everything falls apart always remember: Blame Tj!" :D

Last edited:
Greetings Commander Garrido,

I completely understand why you left Her Royal Highness Aisling. She really should not be so angry and distraught. When you first started seeing each other, I warned her that she could never conquer or surpass your love for ancient earth gaming history and research. I am not acquainted with the tasks of a "Community Manager" of 2020. Frankly it sounds rather odious since most "communities" are neither commodious nor manageable.

Well, at least you know that 3306 will bid you welcome again and escape easily realized.

Aisling might not be so agreeable. Last I saw her, she was mumbling something about Bill Turner and plasma accelerators.

Commander, I wish you the best and safe journey on your travel back in time and look forward to your findings upon your return.

o7

I’d like to see a CM git gud and gank someone on a livestream just to mix it up a little. Reverse the roles, or whatever.

@Bruce don’t let us down!

I'll actually defend something Stephen said on Monday's (2nd March) Livestream. Streaming is a hell of a distraction, especially if it's just you. You can be a reasonably competent cmdr, at least able to follow the green and keep the pointy end up, but then suddenly you're on air, talking to the people typing away to you (and at least in my case maybe showing off a little) and suddenly you bump into the toast rack when docking, or shoot a wingman instead of that pirate!!!!

That said it'd be refreshing to see a CM who kicks the posterior and takes names I agree.

Greetings Commanders!

Thanks,
CMDR Bruce (Gambit)
Welcome to this community Bruce, be prepared to face polemic whiners! (I'm one of them :devilish: )

1st polemic whine from me: will you reply in the forum to players on a constant basis or has your boss already locked your keyboard in the cupboard like for the other CM's? 😈 😇

Top Bottom