Game Discussions Frontier Developments signs a multi-year game licence with Formula 1 - first (of four) F1 management games for PC & console due for 2022 F1 season

Another large licensed IP? Good for the company, but doubtful for Elite. The company would certainly give F1 priority over it.

its an interesting one.... I would think they are making it with the hope at least that it will be better than existing motorsport management games.

AS i understand it, Motorsport manager has heaps of content including updates for new rosters each year etc..... Its not a game i am interested in (tho if i gave it a go i may get hooked)
But AFAIK Frontier have got a pretty high bar to try to beat.

I would expect them to have updates for new rosters and generally to keep it current with the F1 evolution. Otherwise what's the point in acquiring an IP license?

I would expect them to have updates for new rosters and generally to keep it current with the F1 evolution. Otherwise what's the point in acquiring an IP license?
maybe... but if they have pencilled in 4 games, they may be more interesting in selling a new game rather than updating your roster from the goodness of their hearts.

IF that isnt the case then the question would be how else will they get 4 F1 racing games out, without actually including twitch based racing games (that codies have locked up till 2025 i think)

Well this was an unexpected bit of news.

I guess I'll need to revise my doom forecast!

New for today: "An unforecast warm front arrives, bringing with it sunshine interspersed with sporadic showers of doom"

its an interesting one.... I would think they are making it with the hope at least that it will be better than existing motorsport management games.

AS i understand it, Motorsport manager has heaps of content including updates for new rosters each year etc..... Its not a game i am interested in (tho if i gave it a go i may get hooked)
But AFAIK Frontier have got a pretty high bar to try to beat.
This

My money is on Adam going to the next JP game.
The other licenced IP game - which i too assume is another Jurassic World to launch alongside next year's movie - began production last year. I guess Adam would have already moved to it had he wanted to.

The other licenced IP game - which i too assume is another Jurassic World to launch alongside next year's movie - began production last year. I guess Adam would have already moved to it had he wanted to.

My hunch is based on that every time Adam is on these boards, he's 100% looking at the JPE threads and not ED. Highly scientific :D

Well that's another licence to print money for them. Have to say they're doing a great job of growing and developing the company.

F1 Managenent game? Really?? <insert extended flatulence sound here>
Make an F1 simulator and maybe I'll be impressed.
X.
I think codemasters would take umbrage with that if FD did. Actually VR aside (lack of) I think codies are doing a decent job (F1 2019 in humble monthly if you want to see for yourself)

Top Bottom