Roadmap leaked??

Durrrr this is great news it means that the Cobra Engine is capable of doing race cars, therefore future updates of Elite will have race cars!
As it's not unknown that you dislike Frontier-made games, I truly hope that the company whose games you do like are not annoyed at not being given the Formula 1 licence (or Jurassic World licence too).

I can imagine that could get very annoying.

Good luck with the games that they're still developing... weeks not months, right? More games in different genres is better for the players and industry as a whole o7

Pft, there's nothing spacey thing sounding about "New Era", stop spreading lies. Haven't you heard, this game is vroomed?

I watching the obsidian ant video this morning.. and if anything was calibrated without a doubt differently now. If frontier are also a publisher now of 5 games im pretty much prepared for frontier to not be the frontier that one is looking for anymore.

I've seen it well with some blizzard fanboys who are stuck holding blizzard from how they carried themselves in the past.. its really sad. Just hearing that frontier are now a megapublisher.. i wish them the best but they're not my teddy bear anymore.

If the "brabes" didn't show up for the anniversary stream for elite.. did he even send out a tweet or anything? That's quite symbolic of the current frontier if you ask me.

As it's not unknown that you dislike Frontier-made games, I truly hope that the company whose games you do like are not annoyed at not being given the Formula 1 licence (or Jurassic World licence too).

I can imagine that could get very annoying.

Good luck with the games that they're still developing... weeks not months, right? More games in different genres is better for the players and industry as a whole o7
Enjoy your race cars, I guess?

The Cobra Engine started life as a humble Ford 260ci (4.2 ltr) and then gained worldwide success as the 289ci (4.7 ltr) powering AC/Shelby Cobras to GT 40s to several world Championships throughout the 1960s, including four LeMans wins on the trot, though many seem to 'fanboi' around the 427ci (7ltr) Cobr...
or... is this a different cobra story?
No, that's the correct story. Pretty sure it's the only story.

The Cobra Engine started life as a humble Ford 260ci (4.2 ltr) and then gained worldwide success as the 289ci (4.7 ltr) powering AC/Shelby Cobras to GT 40s to several world Championships throughout the 1960s, including four LeMans wins on the trot, though many seem to 'fanboi' around the 427ci (7ltr) Cobr...
or... is this a different cobra story?
I like these car analogies. But i feel Kaocraft is more attracted to this visionary car project and is upset at missing out on crowdfunding it:

I sometimes wonder if people cannot read the text put in front of them 🤷‍♂️

Codemasters have already signed a deal for the next 5 years for making F1 racing games.
Fair point: only an actual gamer would have known that :ROFLMAO:
Frontier says first release 2022. Codemasters is supposedly exclusive until 2025. Codemasters is lying or Frontier is lying? Or Frontier is doing management games and Codemasters is doing "turn the steering wheel" games therefore no conflict? What am I missing here and how does it matter?

Frontier says first release 2022. Codemasters is supposedly exclusive until 2025. Codemasters is lying or Frontier is lying? Or Frontier is doing management games and Codemasters is doing "turn the steering wheel" games therefore no conflict? What am I missing here and how does it matter?
As you say: Codemasters do the driving sim, Frontier will be doing the management sim. You're missing nothing and none of it matters.

If you like either genre though: F1 the driving sim will be more of the same thing they've been doing for years, so yay for those fans, and Frontier have a fairly proven track-record in management type games, so yay for those fans also.

I found the roadmap!!!!
zh8tS0J.jpg

I watching the obsidian ant video this morning.. and if anything was calibrated without a doubt differently now. If frontier are also a publisher now of 5 games im pretty much prepared for frontier to not be the frontier that one is looking for anymore.

I've seen it well with some blizzard fanboys who are stuck holding blizzard from how they carried themselves in the past.. its really sad. Just hearing that frontier are now a megapublisher.. i wish them the best but they're not my teddy bear anymore.

If the "brabes" didn't show up for the anniversary stream for elite.. did he even send out a tweet or anything? That's quite symbolic of the current frontier if you ask me.
I do think your concerns have a large degree of merit. I am pretty sure I remember that during the Kickstarter Braben said in a video pitch that "this is the game they wanted to make", whereas on stage at E3 for the Planet Coaster reveal he said "this is the game we wanted to play". Telling words (assuming my memory holds up).

I do think your concerns have a large degree of merit. I am pretty sure I remember that during the Kickstarter Braben said in a video pitch that "this is the game they wanted to make", whereas on stage at E3 for the Planet Coaster reveal he said "this is the game we wanted to play". Telling words (assuming my memory holds up).

But don't companies come in to existence to grow? We surely can't expect Frontier to "just make Elite" can we? They'd be bankrupt soon. The ED team has grown hugely, so we can assume it's still a priority, even if we like to moan that it isn't. I don't think they've quite become EA yet...

Nobody cares about PZ and JWE, they are doomed. :p

But don't companies come in to existence to grow? We surely can't expect Frontier to "just make Elite" can we? They'd be bankrupt soon. The ED team has grown hugely, so we can assume it's still a priority, even if we like to moan that it isn't. I don't think they've quite become EA yet...
Exactly. This forum often seems like it wants or expects fdev to have one game, consequences be damned.

I was just skimming through the annual report myself for the first time looking for clues, and i just discovered that frontier are actually doing a publishing business.. ie, funding studios and doing the distribution... i somehow had just mistook them for only doing the distribution and marketing. Shrugs at my ship skin money.

At least its a decent developer (the surviving mars people). Yeah they really are going for being activision. More power to em i guess.

Also seems to make sense why they're running lean / skimping on quality internally if they're also doing that.

I see that the F1 game is described as a management game. That puts it firmly in the line of Planet Zoo and Planet Coaster, possibly Jurassic Park also, but not ED.

Sounds a bit feeble. It will be a lost opportunity if it doesn't have simulated car racing, designing cars, tracks ... racing them etc. Maybe we should start a suggestions forum for this game already :D

Top Bottom