Discussion The Visited Stars cache

ok.. now is there a way to *remove* certain stars from that cashe between a set period of dates?

Reason I ask is because I want to make sure that it only shows stars I have been to in the live version of the game.... it has recorded and stored several stars that i know i only visited during the beta and i do not want these.. what happens in beta stays in beta and I dont count them and/or i want to make sure that I am seeing all 2.2 content

I can use captains log to get pre 2.2, and if we can remove anything before the 2.2 launch that will dump everything I saw and it saved in beta.

If you put a named body in the ImportStars.txt file the resulting cache file includes the internal ID of the system containing that body.

For example if your import file contains "Proxima Centauri" the cache will include 1178708478315 which is the ID of Alpha Centauri. If you put in "Mitterand Hollow" you get 908486251218 "Epsilon Indi" and if you put in "Gliese 822.1 b" you get 2037685160299 "Tau Cygni" but if you put in a generic body name such as "Achenar 3" no mapping is done.

Is this intentional or a bug? Because though cool it's somewhat annoying :)

Hello
There are 47 000 000 systems visited... So, I have a files txt with about 47 000 000 lines... so... +/- 940 Mo... How can Import it? :)

Hello
There are 47 000 000 systems visited... So, I have a files txt with about 47 000 000 lines... so... +/- 940 Mo... How can Import it? :)

If you have really visited 47,000,000 systems yourself then you should invest in a drive that will hold your visited stars text file. :rolleyes:

Your visited stars cache is specific to your commander - it isn't all stars in the game which have been visited.

From EDSM (which isn't all the systems visited, not everyone uses it):

50,241,885 systems stored

47,633,566 have known coordinates.

There is this website... https://www.visitedstarscache.space/ but it's not updated since 17/03/2020 :(

So you want to have a cache of all the stars visited by other people? Just so you can "tag" unvisited ones?

BTW - that is over 720MB

Last edited:
If you have really visited 47,000,000 systems yourself then you should invest in a drive that will hold your visited stars text file. :rolleyes:

Your visited stars cache is specific to your commander - it isn't all stars in the game which have been visited.

From EDSM (which isn't all the systems visited, not everyone uses it):

50,241,885 systems stored

47,633,566 have known coordinates.

So you want to have a cache of all the stars visited by other people? Just so you can "tag" unvisited ones?

BTW - that is over 720MB
yes it's ... I used this files but it's not updated from few days...

Right, however ImportStars.txt should still be working, so there needs to be clarification on that.

The behavior currently shown seems to indicate the VSC file isn't allowed to be an arbitrary file size, and instead limits the number of entries to a certain max amount.

Getting clarification would let folks know roughly how many stars they "should" be able to import via ImportStars.txt
I've just asked the creator on Twitter I'll repost here if I get an answer

Top Bottom