Why I love Inara

1. Storage: Best place to sort ships and modules. I would use Inara if this were the only function
  2. Engineers: With one click, I see what materials are needed for the next module upgrade
  3. Locating stations: Galaxy->Stations and Systems->Nearest. EDDB has something similar, but Inara lets me easily find the nearest Interstellar Factors
  4. Squadron activities: Inara is a nice place to coordinate squad missions and communications. Some members of my squad use this much more than I.
Mysteries of Inara:
Gallery: I uploaded many pictures to the Gallery and many have randomly disappeared. Wat?
Likes: we used to be able to upvote items in the gallery but this stopped working about a year ago. It was a nice feature that encouraged community sharing, but sadly I don't bother anymore.
firefly-inara.jpg

+1 Totally agree OP. Inara is the best!

Gallery: I uploaded many pictures to the Gallery and many have randomly disappeared. Wat?
Your picture have to get at least 3 likes to be able to live more than 1 month.

Likes: we used to be able to upvote items in the gallery but this stopped working about a year ago.
Hm... everything's working for me. Maybe you have to logout/relogin and make hard refresh of the page in your browser (Ctrl+F5)

1. Storage: Best place to sort ships and modules. I would use Inara if this were the only function
  2. Engineers: With one click, I see what materials are needed for the next module upgrade
  3. Locating stations: Galaxy->Stations and Systems->Nearest. EDDB has something similar, but Inara lets me easily find the nearest Interstellar Factors
  4. Squadron activities: Inara is a nice place to coordinate squad missions and communications. Some members of my squad use this much more than I.
Mysteries of Inara:
Likes: we used to be able to upvote items in the gallery but this stopped working about a year ago. It was a nice feature that encouraged community sharing, but sadly I don't bother anymore.
firefly-inara.jpg
Yep... Inara is amazing...

The site is good too ;)

Liking things is called giving them a shiny vote in inara... and still working here but only possible when you view the bigger image not on the thumb nail view
Browser and add on compliance may be an issue as with most sites these days...

Number one feature for me is that it shows Black markets on the sales screen with out having to navigate away...
Perfect for those collected items in space items that happen to be stolen...
1585174094041.png

Last edited:
Hm... everything's working for me. Maybe you have to logout/relogin and make hard refresh of the page in your browser (Ctrl+F5)

When I look at the first page in the gallery (no filters) 3 of the pictures have votes. Is that what you see?

Liking things is called giving them a shiny vote in inara... and still working here but only possible when you view the bigger image not on the thumb nail view

I do that, the button grays out, but nothing else happens. A year ago I could click "shiny" and see my vote right away.

Its a fantastic companion to elite.
I would like it more if the squadron allegiance page would write to log, so that inara could update your player faction from that.

Beats the CODEX info by far anyway.

I don't use 3rd party tools, just what's in the game but occasionally I google a Cmdr name & inara is an excellent resource, with lots of links to other stats like squadrons, systems & factions.

If I need to discuss a system with someone I'll quite often link to it's inara page because it's so well laid out. I like the inf history charts too, they really tell a story ;)

I hope FDev sponsor the inara devs, what they have built really is excellent*.

* Other 3rd party apps are available & I'm sure they are all lovely too, this thread is about inara though.

Top Bottom