Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

So I got greedy and filled my T9 up for multipile delish mission rewards. Of course, I got interdicted. I tried to escape but the flying brick just doesn't turn fast enough no matter how hard I bent the joystick. Eject eject eject. Freewinder screen. Fines for failures.

Partially my own fault because:
  1. I was too greedy and
  2. I never really paid any attention to defence on the ships' loadout and
  3. I'm a crappy pilot anyway.
So, going forward, how does one escape an interdiction in a T9? I've done it once but it think it may have been blind luck.
Throttle back to about 5% straight away this brings the interdictor in so close that the evasion is much easier and not much harder than in a T7, also if struggling use the lateral and vertical thrusters to help chase the escape target.

I now have a 25% binding and a -10% binding to get to 5% in 3 clicks.

Throttle back to about 5% straight away this brings the interdictor in so close that the evasion is much easier and not much harder than in a T7, also if struggling use the lateral and vertical thrusters to help chase the escape target.

I now have a 25% binding and a -10% binding to get to 5% in 3 clicks.

Ta! (y)

Or you could copy this:

View attachment 166723

:ROFLMAO:
A plus for ingenuity and a little something for the ladies.(Also doubles as an occasional table.)

Farthingale.png

Last edited:
Just shouting out a "hope your coping well...enough" from a very long way across the planet.
ED stuff, been trying power play. Took Gimbbly Denis in search of private security ships. I got close a few times.
Here is the problem, mostly only found IMP Clippers, Gimbbly can do over ~345 Full ThrottLe (FTL) and ~430 boost .
My IMP clipper Zephyurus engineered up to ~415 FTL and ~520 boost. They run away before I can shut down their systems.
So, mostly going to step back from power play, save it for later. Engineered Gimbbly to fully gimballed size 3 beams one vented, one conduit.
A big buzzy sound when the fire button is pressed, ooh, way more damage now.

On the dark side, since we may all need to lock in, I thought I would get space legs....!
More fool me, nearly 75GB of download to install. Took over 10 hours at 2MB/s across two days.
Got setup, took an hour to figure out how to get into a ship. Got of the landing pad.
Could not fly thing thing any which way with a mouse and keyboard. This is all in open universe.
So, others kept coming up and bumping in to me , causing legal issues and fines.
Biggest issue in my old laptop is not grunty enough to get a good fps and flight response from this game.
A ROG Zephyrus desire is becoming greater....will need to splash some more cash...

To All your old folks and relatives, if your not one of them, don't mention the war......then again they will have useful advice.
Like, how long does a baked bean tin last? if you bury it in the back yard.

Last edited:
wandering around outbreak systems, trying to find pharmaceutical isolators. no luck so far. keep searching this evening. will try to check the mission boards as well this time.

I think - and I'm not toally sure - that the PI's are more likely to appear if the faction state of the HGE is also in outbreak.

i don't know what you mean. but i was looking in systems with the state outbreak.

When you enter the FSS and slide the scanner left for emissions, it will tell you (after you select and drill down) whether that emission is degraded, encoded or high. When you exit the FSS, discovered emissions appear on your left hand panel.

If you have found a high grade emission (HGE), you can select it and point your ship at the navigation reticule.

In the description in the info panel, top right, the faction "owning'" the HGE is displayed as well as the state of that faction. Hopefully, it will be "outbreak"

Of course, I may be completely barking and my theory is utter trash :D

I am currently mostly drifting around some complete virgin systems spray painting all over them.

"Tyres woz ere"

Last edited:
I've been causing a bit of aggro in one of my local out-of-the-way systems at the edge of the bubble, causing a small war to break out between an empire faction and some random independent faction. :D

One thing I really don't understand about any BGS stuff is this:

You are trying to promote faction X against faction Y, where faction X is at war with faction Y.
You look on the mission board for missions that would assist faction X, and are labelled "wartime", and the faction head says something like "This will give us a real chance of winning the war!". So you take such a mission, let's say it is "Data Scanning Operation", and tootle off to the area of operations...
Only to find that the target belongs to faction Z, with whom you are allied, and don't really want to micturate-off....

Why do faction X wartime missions not have faction Y as their target??? :unsure: That seems rather mad to me.

"Even better than that" as the Fast Show would have said, is that sometimes they offer you a mission to courier data to help the war effort..... to faction Y whom they are at war with :rolleyes:

Got a tip off salvage mission.One of those ones with co-ordinates.A real excercise in navigation and map reading.I've located several emmisive zones which i ignored)most of the last two hours honing in on the destination.I'm in the right lat/long,but those tiny fuzzy 680 seem to get smaller every year and lead to much confusion.Finally found a landingzone in the right area.Into the scarab and fine tune on the co-ordinates..It's a 1.7G planet and those emmisive zones must be the remains of commanders who came in too hot..Apparently the cannister is highly prized.By my calculations about 2 k to go.

I've been causing a bit of aggro in one of my local out-of-the-way systems at the edge of the bubble, causing a small war to break out between an empire faction and some random independent faction. :D

One thing I really don't understand about any BGS stuff is this:

You are trying to promote faction X against faction Y, where faction X is at war with faction Y.
You look on the mission board for missions that would assist faction X, and are labelled "wartime", and the faction head says something like "This will give us a real chance of winning the war!". So you take such a mission, let's say it is "Data Scanning Operation", and tootle off to the area of operations...
Only to find that the target belongs to faction Z, with whom you are allied, and don't really want to micturate-off....

Why do faction X wartime missions not have faction Y as their target??? :unsure: That seems rather mad to me.

"Even better than that" as the Fast Show would have said, is that sometimes they offer you a mission to courier data to help the war effort..... to faction Y whom they are at war with :rolleyes:
Only missions that require you to get your guns out actually contribute to the faction in the conflict. Delivery missions don't count.

With regard to the "faction Z" question, they might have information that your faction doesn't have access to but wants.

The best way to win the war is to shoot stuff - bounty-hunting or conflict zones. If you do the CZs, make sure you don't fail any of the objectives that appear in medium or high intensity zones; they count. Low intensity zones are therefore easier. In all zones, clearing it of enemy ships counts. As for bounty-hunting, you don't need to preferentially target ships of the enemy faction; just amass bounty vouchers.

I've found another activity I like doing, bounty hunting in a SLF, i found that pirates won't attack my mother ship. I then use my mother ship to collect dropped materials and to repair my slf.

Not sure on a mother ship build for my krait mk 2 as theres plenty of internals, but its going to be fun to play around with. I ditched the vehicle hanger on my mining/hauler pyhon build for a fuel scoop so i'll add one to the mothership.

Im actually enjoying combat now

Currently got 2.3 billion, now that we know how much fleet carriers are i'm gonna concentrate on mining now, theres not alot of good paying prices for stuff over at colonia, and demand is pretty poor too. I know im not going to be the only one here

Currently got 2.3 billion, now that we know how much fleet carriers are i'm gonna concentrate on mining now, theres not alot of good paying prices for stuff over at colonia, and demand is pretty poor too. I know im not going to be the only one here

:cry:

I thought I was doing well at 2.1bnCR and the fleet carriers are... how much? Oh noz. Even if I sold my entire fleet, I still don't have enough. I am not going to sprinkle salt though :D

Top Bottom