Guardians Discussions

I've found more than a few a good distance from any of the known sites. I have not yet published my findings, as I'm not currently outfitted for further research, but it should suffice to say there are a lot more of them out there than anyone (not at Frontier) realizes. Same with Thargoids - they're also not just where we think they are.

Fly safe and post some pics, CMDR.

Point zero could be very small site - like the center of Alpha site with only one wall around (just a speculation)

I've found more than a few a good distance from any of the known sites. I have not yet published my findings, as I'm not currently outfitted for further research, but it should suffice to say there are a lot more of them out there than anyone (not at Frontier) realizes. Same with Thargoids - they're also not just where we think they are.
Are you happy to clarify whether the ones you’ve found are part of the main Guardian bubble (i.e. anywhere within an approx 600 ly radius of Regor/Gamma Velorum) or elsewhere in the galaxy?

Since lot of time and efforts have been put into decoding guardians patterns and moving pictures on beacons:

Those images are made from numbers, sort of BAR-code.
Numbers are irrelevant for the story, used only to create fantastic piece of visual art.

No if, how, why, proof, etc.

The only thing I am curious about those images is if FD also used them to place guardian sites in galaxy accordingly.
Overlaying that image on the galactic plane and finding common points with guardians sites locations is beyond my skills.

Respect to all dedicated CMDRs.

Last edited:
Anyone have a vessel blueprint site offhand that doesn't have 12-14 drones while on a tidal darkside? I haven't had such an awful experience in awhile and would like to wrap this up.

missile incoming missile incoming missile incoming missile incoming missile incoming missile incoming missile incoming missile incoming missile incoming missile incoming missile incoming missile incoming missile incoming missile incoming missile incoming missile incoming missile incoming missile incoming missile incoming missile incoming missile incoming missile incoming missile incoming missile incoming missile incoming missile incoming missile incoming missile incoming missile incoming missile incoming missile incoming missile incoming

Last edited:
Anyone have a vessel blueprint site offhand that doesn't have 12-14 drones while on a tidal darkside? I haven't had such an awful experience in awhile and would like to wrap this up.

missile incoming missile incoming missile incoming missile incoming missile incoming missile incoming missile incoming missile incoming missile incoming missile incoming missile incoming missile incoming missile incoming missile incoming missile incoming missile incoming missile incoming missile incoming missile incoming missile incoming missile incoming missile incoming missile incoming missile incoming missile incoming missile incoming missile incoming missile incoming missile incoming missile incoming missile incoming missile incoming

I know this is kinda presumptuous (and not answering the question), but you know the whole 'show up in a DBX with two point defense turret' trick, right? The missiles shouldn't be a bother if you park somewhere decent.

Is there anywhere specific I should be searching to help with additional Guardian discoveries? Also is there a discord dedicated to guardian/thargoid exploration?

Is there anywhere specific I should be searching to help with additional Guardian discoveries?

When you think about it, if anybody could answer that question there wouldn't be anything left to find. :)

There are two interesting areas out East of the Eta Carinae nebula - ruins and brain trees. I don't know if anyone has done a protracted search out there since the introduction of the FSS, which makes finding sites much easier. You can find those on the very useful Canonn map.

Otherwise you can look over that map and everything else that's been reported and decide where it might make sense to look. Form a hypothesis and go out to test it. That's what I've done with some success, though I'm not sure I've really done my hypothesis much good. It probably all means something. Whatever you do find, please submit it to the Canonn list: that's the only clearing house for all this data.

Is there anywhere specific I should be searching to help with additional Guardian discoveries? Also is there a discord dedicated to guardian/thargoid exploration?
Canonn is leading the science on Thargoids and Guardians, https://canonn.science/. And if anyone has an idea to where to look for them, they will look for it themselves. Check out the regions where Guardian presence is already discovered and search the areas where you think a Guardian presence is most probable.

For reference, though it's not been updated for a while, most of the FP is still relevant.

A few of the bullet points have been answered or progressed, specifically:
  • 'Would the Guardian bubble have extended into Col 70?' - Is yes.

• 'Who/what were the foes/adversaries? and what became of them? (Thargoids..?)' - Would likely appear to be the Guardian constructs/AIs, though it's still open to interpretation.

With regard, to:

• Mapping the extent of the known Guardian bubble​

The known Guardian bubble is roughly a 600-700 ly sphere centred roughly on Gamma Velorum (Regor).

Distribution of sites within that bubble is unclear, as it's subject to a bias in the search - basically far more systems have been checked on the corridor between the bubble (the human one) and the Regor sector than anywhere else in what was the Guardian bubble.

For a clear illustration of this, see image below, (which is a heatmap of discovered systems, snipped from from https://edastro.com/mapcharts/visited-systems-indexedheatmap.png and labelled):

Edit - updating with image with Guardian area marked with a circle. (Please bear in mind that though it's a circle in the image, it should be transposed into a sphere when considering it in 3D.) Previous image spoilered

Guardian bubble 2.jpg

EdAstro3.JPG

(Note - this is only discovered systems in the sense of ones which have been reported via external tools.)

As you can see, the activity between the bubble and the Regor Sector has been far greater than anywhere else around the Regor sector.

Bear in mind as well, that this is a 2D representation of 3D space, and that there's not just the rough x,y plane of the bubble and Regor to look at but also a huge amount of space when considering the z axis too.

So, in terms of the main Guardian bubble, the most significant finds in terms of locating sites will be away from that corridor that can be seen in red. Just be aware that more significance in those terms means checking areas where there's expected to be a low density of sites which means they'll be harder to find. It can make for a very difficult (in terms of the sheer amount of time and dedication needed) endeavour for one person.

Good luck! o7

Last edited:
So, as this is my first time working on guardian blueprints for Anti-thargoid warfare. It appears the general consensus is that apart from the Guardian FSD and Gauss cannons there is little point unlocking all the other guardian modules via the grind fest - is that accurate? Also - are the human anti-xeno (AX) weapons no good then?

So, as this is my first time working on guardian blueprints for Anti-thargoid warfare. It appears the general consensus is that apart from the Guardian FSD and Gauss cannons there is little point unlocking all the other guardian modules via the grind fest - is that accurate? Also - are the human anti-xeno (AX) weapons no good then?
The non-gauss guardian and human AX weapons are fun and fine against the scouts and Cyclops, use what you think you'll enjoy although be aware they're not the most efficient.

Beyond that the Basilisk, Medusa and Hydra have ever increasing armour hardness that means weapons need a high armour penetration with human AX weapons having the worst AP (almost useless against Basilisk) then Shard, then Plasma and then Gauss having almost 1.5 times the AP of the biggest Plasma and over twice that of the smallest.

The AP combined with Gauss being the only hitscan weapon it makes it the go to for Basilisk and up.
The only other guardian module I'd recommend is the Guardian module reinforcement package. Human MRP can't be engineered and guardian MRP have higher base stats and corrosion resistance.

Hope that helps

Edit: you'll need 4 guardian module fragments for the 2 gauss and guardian MRP as well as the FSD booster, plus the mats.
Look at the guardian shield reinforcement modules too, they're a unique item type that doesn't have a human equivalent and can turn hull tanks into (kinda) shield tanks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom