Game Discussions The No Man's Sky Thread

There's one thing I haven't done yet in NMS, a very big thing, gone to the center and a new galaxy. I just can't get myself to leave the current one. It's just too nice. :D

At the end of the Artemis missions you get to choose a new galaxy, I picked Lush like most people do.
When you place a random base computer you can leave your new galaxy and always return, that's what I did.
From any station you can teleport back and forth.
When you decide to open up another galaxy be sure you're using your crappiest ship and multitool since a lot of modules will be damaged when you get there.
By any means don't fly a Living Ship when opening a new galaxy, those things are an enormous pain to repair.

Maybe you already knew all this stuff but it never hurts to share some tips.

At the end of the Artemis missions you get to choose a new galaxy, I picked Lush like most people do.
When you place a random base computer you can leave your new galaxy and always return, that's what I did.
From any station you can teleport back and forth.
You can? That's the thing I was afraid of. Losing some of the old spots.

When you decide to open up another galaxy be sure you're using your crappiest ship and multitool since a lot of modules will be damaged when you get there.
By any means don't fly a Living Ship when opening a new galaxy, those things are an enormous pain to repair.
Yeah, I heard about that. Some got stuck on a planet with a living ship and can't get the supplies to fix it. Call the Fuel Rats maybe? 😄

Maybe you already knew all this stuff but it never hurts to share some tips.
Please share. I don't take it the wrong way if it's something I know. Other people might read it and get info they need.

When you're in your new galaxy and travel to the closest station and use it's teleporter you can travel back to all your bases but also other stations.
When your back in your starter galaxy you can travel the same way back to your new galaxy.

I was afraid that I would be cut off from my old galaxy too, a guy on discord explained it to me.

When you're in your new galaxy and travel to the closest station and use it's teleporter you can travel back to all your bases but also other stations.
When your back in your starter galaxy you can travel the same way back to your new galaxy.

I was afraid that I would be cut off from my old galaxy too, a guy on discord explained it to me.
There are bugs in the game that block some users from seeing there past stations, this is were the hate cames from for leaving the first one..
The solution was to use the portal system on the Anomaly that you call from the ship as this forces a refresh to the save game of there locations...

There are bugs in the game that block some users from seeing there past stations, this is were the hate cames from for leaving the first one..
The solution was to use the portal system on the Anomaly that you call from the ship as this forces a refresh to the save game of there locations...

I wasn't aware of that, is this a platform specific problem or all around?
I'm playing on Xbox One X.

I wasn't aware of that, is this a platform specific problem or all around?
I'm playing on Xbox One X.
Every platform... core code issue.. but solution allready found, its just people need to read it, so if they suffer and don't ask they don't know the solution...
see ya later Im of to spend 1hr getting more platinum from space ships and terminals to convert as well as doing missions to get even more Nanite Clusters to buy unlocks for the mechs..
These were re-added in the very last patch after the mech patch that mistakenly did not have them enabled ..

Last edited:
Every platform... core code issue.. but solution allready found, its just people need to read it, so if they suffer and don't ask they don't know the solution...

You're definitely right about that, discord has been a great help with a couple things I didn't get.
If I would've encountered this bug I'd probably got an answer there.
It's a quite friendly community too and very positive about the game.

NO MAN SKY AS ALTERNATIVE TO MINECRAFT

I installed Minecraft on PS4 for my wife recently. We used to play alot years ago, and enjoyed it. I forgot how relaxing and fun this can be. NMS is also a PS4 game I own and played years ago. I kinda thought of it as a potential Minecraft replacement, but it lacked some things (the need to jump through hoops to unlock blueprints was my biggest complaint).

I'm curious, a couple years later, might NMS be a good alternative to Minecraft? In other words, skip all the space stuff and just settle on a planet and mine and build and play it like minecraft. Thoughts?

Last edited:
NO MAN SKY AS ALTERNATIVE TO MINECRAFT

I installed Minecraft on PS4 for my wife recently. We used to play alot years ago, and enjoyed it. I forgot how relaxing and fun this can be. NMS is also a PS4 game I own and played years ago. I kinda thought of it as a potential Minecraft replacement, but it lacked some things (the need to jump through hoops to unlock blueprints was my biggest complaint).

I'm curious, a couple years later, might NMS be a good alternative to Minecraft? In other words, skip all the space stuff and just settle on a planet and mine and build and play it like minecraft. Thoughts?
Creative mode will still be for you,, Money is disabled and every thing cost nothing in credits, You can build what you like virtually every thing is unlocked... no resources are needed... unless you want to go get them...

All other modes still have the unlock requirements and the credits grind...
Unlocking stuff still requires ship use in those other modes...

Last edited:
Creative mode will still be for you,, Money is disabled and every thing cost nothing in credits, You can build what you like virtually every thing is unlocked... no resources are needed... unless you want to go get them...

All other modes still have the unlock requirements and the credits grind...
Unlocking stuff still requires ship use in those other modes...
No, creative mode bores me to pieces. I like gathering resources, and I don't mind buying blueprints, but I hate the whole "drive your SRV to point A and back in 10 seconds in order to unlock the next base component" aspect of the game. I sent a formal request to HG to give us an "Engineers" game mode, where all blueprints are unlocked so that we can build anything for which we have the materials for. No reply.

Speaking of, NMS has mods on PC, right? Perhaps there is a mod to unlock blueprints but leave the requirement for materials in place in survival mode. Anybody know of such a thing?

No, creative mode bores me to pieces. I like gathering resources, and I don't mind buying blueprints, but I hate the whole "drive your SRV to point A and back in 10 seconds in order to unlock the next base component" aspect of the game. I sent a formal request to HG to give us an "Engineers" game mode, where all blueprints are unlocked so that we can build anything for which we have the materials for. No reply.

Speaking of, NMS has mods on PC, right? Perhaps there is a mod to unlock blueprints but leave the requirement for materials in place in survival mode. Anybody know of such a thing?
Then no it won't replace minecraft as you have to do all the unlocking in other modes still on console... its easier if you did them after each update..
Yes PC has Save file editing mods so you can Hack every thing to be unlocked (don't use them on console) From just giving them selves unlimited Nanite Clusters to unlocking items in there save file after every new update. to boosting back pack and ships size...

I don't know of a mod (which is not to say there isn't one) but it sounds to me like the NMS Save Editor is what you're looking for.

You can create a new save in any mode you like, then edit it to give you all the headstarts you need in terms of resources, blueprints, money etc, and use that as a base for your "Engineer's Mode".

Just a suggestion.

I don't know of a mod (which is not to say there isn't one) but it sounds to me like the NMS Save Editor is what you're looking for.

You can create a new save in any mode you like, then edit it to give you all the headstarts you need in terms of resources, blueprints, money etc, and use that as a base for your "Engineer's Mode".

Just a suggestion.
Okay, I will consider this. I don't yet own NMS on PC, and having paid only $16 for it on PS4, I'm not yet ready to pull the trigger, even for $30 sale. Even with VR, the "default" NMS isn't my thing, but if I can modify slightly, perhaps.

Speaking of mods, are there any "black space" mods out there? How about a mod that greatly reduces all these "asteroids" ALL OVER THE PLACE? If I can mod NMS to be a slightly more realistic experience, that would peak my interest.

Okay, I will consider this. I don't yet own NMS on PC, and having paid only $16 for it on PS4, I'm not yet ready to pull the trigger, even for $30 sale. Even with VR, the "default" NMS isn't my thing, but if I can modify slightly, perhaps.

Speaking of mods, are there any "black space" mods out there? How about a mod that greatly reduces all these "asteroids" ALL OVER THE PLACE? If I can mod NMS to be a slightly more realistic experience, that would peak my interest.

Aye, you can change all of that stuff and more. There's quite a few space mods, and at least one that lets you customise how often you have asteroids.

Nexus

Mods make the PC version infinitely better as a gaming experience than PS4 IMO. I still fire up the PS4 version from time to time, but the lack of mods really does hurt even though the base game is the same.

Quite a nice, affectionate and interesting read - "we are working up some more ambitious additions to the universe, and have so much more planned for 2020 for us to feel excited about."

https://www.nomanssky.com/2020/04/beyond-development-update-10/

They're building up the hype, but in contrast to some other dev we know Hello Games actually delivers great and engaging but most of all fun content.
I'm realy excited to find out what they'll come up with next.

Top Bottom