PvP I've been corrupted *sigh*

On this topic, the APA beats out the regular PA (naturally assuming large). The Huge PA beat everything else in total damage beyond 20% resistance, before that huge (fixed) cannon beat it, assuming efficient PA and SR/OC cannon. That said, the pacifiers beat the huge PA in sustained DPS all the way to 70% resistance.

If you can stay on target long enough to take advantage of the faster burst intervals of the APA then yes. The large PAs do 103 damage per volley compared to only 43 for the APA. For the pacifiers all pellets have to hit, and I'm not good enough to get that close consistently. For me my PA setup is the most lethal of the 4 I have, even if I have a large and 2 med SRBs in it and that sucks weapons cap's like it's drinking wine in quarantine. And the heat:eek:, poor Gerhard is screaming at the top of his lungs all the time. But that's what I had laying around at the time I put it together and it's nice to delete the shields on many ships in 1 volley. I like the line up, shoot, and reset for the next volley nature of it, not much time on target needed.

I'd like to see the math for that, you have a link?
Can't believe a cannon beats a PA due to absolute damage and pacifiers are outdamaged in both fights above.
Not equal conditions, mind you, so I'm curious...
I've made a spreadsheet, can send it to you if you'd like. Note that the Cannon only beat PA at <20% resistance, after that the absolute make the PA overtake it. Pacifiers are great sustain damage, but bad total damage.
If you can stay on target long enough to take advantage of the faster burst intervals of the APA then yes. The large PAs do 103 damage per volley compared to only 43 for the APA. For the pacifiers all pellets have to hit, and I'm not good enough to get that close consistently. For me my PA setup is the most lethal of the 4 I have, even if I have a large and 2 med SRBs in it and that sucks weapons cap's like it's drinking wine in quarantine. And the heat:eek:, poor Gerhard is screaming at the top of his lungs all the time. But that's what I had laying around at the time I put it together and it's nice to delete the shields on many ships in 1 volley. I like the line up, shoot, and reset for the next volley nature of it, not much time on target needed.
Note that for APA vs PA I was talking specifically about total damage before you have to rearm. Naturally the APA need higher ToT to reach the same DPS of PA, but if the limitation is ammo, the APA is better.

Note that for APA vs PA I was talking specifically about total damage before you have to rearm. Naturally the APA need higher ToT to reach the same DPS of PA, but if the limitation is ammo, the APA is better.

I never had an issue with running out of ammo for the PAs before it was time to leave for repairs, mainly for heat related damage. The pacifiers are faster for taking the shields down, I think. But not having corrosive and 3 incendiary pacifiers with their low armor piercing didn't help once the shields were down.
Now that both ships have PAs, just saw that Bigmaec put another one in the C3 slot, we see how the next duel goes. At least I shouldn't run out of ammo. It's frustrating to tickle a Corvette with 2 feedback rails and see your own hull go slowly down.:mad:

I never had an issue with running out of ammo for the PAs before it was time to leave for repairs, mainly for heat related damage. The pacifiers are faster for taking the shields down, I think. But not having corrosive and 3 incendiary pacifiers with their low armor piercing didn't help once the shields were down.
Now that both ships have PAs, just saw that Bigmaec put another one in the C3 slot, we see how the next duel goes. At least I shouldn't run out of ammo. It's frustrating to tickle a Corvette with 2 feedback rails and see your own hull go slowly down.:mad:
With most people balancing resistance, isn't it preferable to go screening on the pacifiers, and use a small hard-point to apply corrosive? If you have high ToT at close range then frags/pacifiers are definitely the quickest way to take down hull or shields. Pacifier damage before rearm is about 7.4k for each pacifier with 50% resistance, not taking into account of the pips.

Most PvP builds have only around 30-35% thermal resistance, so incendiary is very helpful. Screening shell I would use for high tot (ganking) or if the thermal damage comes from some other weapons. I'm still experimenting with the weapons for the small hard points, but a high cap corrosive MC could be one of them. It's not the end of the pacifier setup, but I "need" to beat Bigmaec again so the PAs are back on the menu. The main issue is how I fly the Conda and that probably lends itself better to PAs then pacifiers.

Welp.

I'm a worse pirate then Captain Jack Sparrow...

Yesterday I pirated a CMDR in his T9 in Colonia for 9 tons of tea, fruits and vegetables (kudos to your healthy eating o7).

Today @Paul Smith the 3rd , @setazar and I (and @Rick6549 if he didn't suddenly noticed he had no rebuy 😜 )
tried to pirate CMDRs in Colonia. We got an Adder first, robbed him of two limpets...
We had an Orca, a Krait MkII amd my Cutter, and I used 2 hatchbreaker limpets and 6 collector limpets to get those 2 limpets :ROFLMAO:

After that, we got a Python with 15 limpets on board, we let it go generously with our pride intact...
(Kudos to all for not logging, but next time comply!)

Lastly we heisted the megaship for incredible riches, I alone got 130 tons of microcontrollers, silver, fish, computer components and other valuable
for the incredible blackmarket price of over 80000 credits.

Crime DOES pay!!!

o7 CMDRs it was fun as ever:)(y)

Last edited:
Happy to announce that I have also been corrupted now and I blame everyone who has posted on this thread 😆

Seriously though, what are players doing flying easy to hit ships that can have 60% of their hull removed in a single PA shot in anarchy systems?
No idea. I earlier witnessed a T10 getting cleansed with a salvo of holy plasma fire, but it's not normal a ship goes from fully shielded to 37% in the first salvo, and
to booooom in the second salvo in open.

News today: together with @ObiW I patrolled Borann.

First we met @Vincent Serra (o7)

Then we chased away a ganker with 5400 cr bounty. Highwaked away.
After that we flew around a bit, chatted, got some CMDRs nervous
(Miss purplehair, we've been good, not bad, no need to log...)

After that we saved another CMDR in his T9 from NPCs.

And then that happened:

Sorry for the advertising, had to crop the video, stupid shadowplay recorded not what it should.

I guess that didn't went as planned :ROFLMAO:

Oh and I still can't fight in asteroid fields.

Deleted member 182079

D
News today: together with @ObiW I patrolled Borann.

First we met @Vincent Serra (o7)

Then we chased away a ganker with 5400 cr bounty. Highwaked away.
After that we flew around a bit, chatted, got some CMDRs nervous
(Miss purplehair, we've been good, not bad, no need to log...)

After that we saved another CMDR in his T9 from NPCs.

And then that happened:

Sorry for the advertising, had to crop the video, stupid shadowplay recorded not what it should.

I guess that didn't went as planned :ROFLMAO:

Oh and I still can't fight in asteroid fields.
Heh that was intense indeed - and I was actually wondering whether someone had a barbeque... that FdL was cooked to perfection:D

Didn't expect the second Conda to show up, they managed to get a few missile hits in before I realised there were two of them all of a sudden.

Am slowly starting to get the hang of distance control, still lots to learn but that was a good practice session - need to become more nimble with pip management as well, at some point I had none in SYS while my bi-weaves were out... hull just about kept it together though. I love the Vulture, it's a little beast and is becoming my favourite combat ship.

What is it with type 10's? Even I've managed to take two of them out now. Also someone had a go at me in an FGS, which is my favourite ship, even though I know its crap really. As demonstrated when my shields hadn't been dropped and he's down to 60% hull. I left when his two FDL friends arrived.
Alternatively I had a rebuy from an Orca with an annoying habit of ramming the out of me!

Have a new FDL all engineered and ready to go myself now to play with, I might be crap in it though

Heh that was intense indeed - and I was actually wondering whether someone had a barbeque... that FdL was cooked to perfection:D

Didn't expect the second Conda to show up, they managed to get a few missile hits in before I realised there were two of them all of a sudden.

Am slowly starting to get the hang of distance control, still lots to learn but that was a good practice session - need to become more nimble with pip management as well, at some point I had none in SYS while my bi-weaves were out... hull just about kept it together though. I love the Vulture, it's a little beast and is becoming my favourite combat ship.
Guess I have to rename my FdL 'Crispy Chicken' ... uh, wrong franchise.
What is it with type 10's? Even I've managed to take two of them out now. Also someone had a go at me in an FGS, which is my favourite ship, even though I know its crap really. As demonstrated when my shields hadn't been dropped and he's down to 60% hull. I left when his two FDL friends arrived.
Alternatively I had a rebuy from an Orca with an annoying habit of ramming the poopoo out of me!

Have a new FDL all engineered and ready to go myself now to play with, I might be crap in it though
Many noobs around. And T10 has bad shields, if you don't engineer the hull and some modules, it pops fast like every other ship.

By the way, the guy who interdicted me in FdL against Keelie was in vanilla Elite, I convinced him to get horizons and engineer his ships.
He already did and is looking forward for more PvP!

Top Bottom