ANNOUNCEMENT Fleet Carriers Update - Beta 2 - Date Announcement

(I >think< this should be possible, even if the underlying mechanic demands a fixed position in space following orbital parameters, since it's merely rotating the asset that'll otherwise still behave exactly as before... so that's merely adding Pitch/Roll and storing its orientation as parameters. That's pretty much all I'd ask)
This really depends on how they programmed the FC. If the landing pad code has a fixed position and it can't be changed in real time this would not be possible. And to be honest I really think that the travel limitations of the FC depends on how landing pads interactions are designed in the code. Just speculation of course.
Tbh I'm a bit pessimistic and I don't expect changes to what we've already seen except maybe some price adjustment and the Universal Cartography of course.

There should be radical improvements in the Fleet Carrier beta 2 to save this update for most players.

th'ats great :)

but i have a question when will the link to create a code will be on ? when the beta will start or before ? cause i can't use it to create a key for ps4 and when i try to connect to PSN i have the error 401 :(

th'ats great :)

but i have a question when will the link to create a code will be on ? when the beta will start or before ? cause i can't use it to create a key for ps4 and when i try to connect to PSN i have the error 401 :(
1588684387361.png

One of my primary concerns (and hence curious - but not impatient about Beta2 Patchnotes) is one question :

- will they have enough time to transform it from (Beta1) "Rent a UI/Menu" into something that can actually fly and have at least a simple bridge?

I do welcome the announced functionality but it would always leave a very sour taste if all experience I got for ~6B Cr was.... a mere User Interface.
That's not how I envisioned commanding a Carrier when I'm docked at it, at least not in this Game.

On top, really want far more detailed Docking Permission choices. Currently, it's more like "Anyone, Friends/Squadron or nobody".
Not a friend of being unable to keep riffraff out, even if they harass me near my own Carrier. Doesn't compute.
I stated before beta 1 that FDev were playing us and the costs involved would miraculously be reduced for the live version. They surprised me by actually reducing them mid-beta.

As I said then it was a deliberate ploy to manage the complaints they knew they would get.

Hence in this upcoming beta I expect them to miraculously reveal Phase 5 & 6 of the jump sequence.

Something I noticed here:

Beta testing player interactions with Carriers does not require one to own a Carrier.

incentive to test someone else's carrier... 0

i've got 10 billion i'm alright, i just don't think its the right approach to test something, if people cant afford a FC they might not bother downloading it, and therefore wont be a part of the testing ownership and as a FC customer, and then we end up with bugs. Beta should be about getting as many people involved as possible, if it breaks so what, at least it wont in live.

many people i know and those in the Xbox discords i follow are not downloading the beta for the above mentioned reason, that's alot of free testers not interested in ironing out bugs, Beta shouldn't just be early access, it should be about testing it, otherwise whats the point? we will be bug riddled as many other updates because people dont test it!

No, this game doesn't have Pay2Win like Star Citizen.

How much ARX I need to buy for the upcoming livery, name plates, ship ids, ship kits and other customizations? If I go to my account I see twice full price for the seasons and too many paint jobs, some ship kits, decals, some holo me customization. I play other games which I paid full price once and I am able to customize without paying for every color for every ship. I mean, that's an potential of 40 ships multiplied for every paint job. That's an insane amount!

It's not pay to win. But it's pay to get what should've been part of the game already. I have to buy variety. Which is ridiculous.

The focus of the game on micro-transactions culminated into the ARX update. Compare the amount of updates on paint jobs with content or simply game updates!

How much ARX I need to buy for the upcoming livery, name plates, ship ids, ship kits and other customizations? If I go to my account I see twice full price for the seasons and too many paint jobs, some ship kits, decals, some holo me customization. I play other games which I paid full price once and I am able to customize without paying for every color for every ship. I mean, that's an potential of 40 ships multiplied for every paint job. what? That's an insane amount! It's not pay to win. But it's pay to get what should've been part of the game already.

The focus of the game on micro-transactions culminated into the ARX update. Compare the amount of updates on paint jobs with content or simply game updates!
doing this allow the game to have a lower price when you buy it ;) and get incomes for the devs

I have to
doing this allow the game to have a lower price when you buy it ;) and get incomes for the devs
So you say, the game was pretty cheap? 2x 50 Euros isn't that cheap. Other game dev live with that, too. If they need more they create content. I paid 25 Euros for NMS. And I get free update after another. Why I stick then to Elite? Because I love the look and feel of the planets and the ships and the community.

Look at the current state of Elite! It reminds me on Battlefield V. Glacial development, but lots of customisation for money and finally abandoned. Abandoned like many modules in Elite we received already. Multicrew is and abandoned, powerplay hasn't got any improvement, instancing is like lottery nowadays, most of the missions you can't do together despite wings-update in 2015, squadrons was a poor joke, ...

Together with the "we don't tell anything"-policy that makes me pretty annoyed (there are even memes on the "roadmap secrecy"). I love to play the game because there's no alternative to it, but the flaws of that game are slapping everywhere into my face.

Last edited:
I have to
So you say, the game was pretty cheap? 2x 50 Euros isn't that cheap. Other game dev live with that, too. If they need more they create content. I paid 25 Euros for NMS. And I get free update after another. Why I stick then to Elite? Because I love the look and feel of the planets and the ships and the community.

Look at the current state of Elite! It reminds me on Battlefield V. Glacial development, but lots of customisation for money and finally abandoned. Abandoned like many modules in Elite we received already. Multicrew is poopoo and abandoned, powerplay hasn't got any improvement, instancing is like lottery nowadays, most of the missions you can't do together despite wings-update in 2015, squadrons was a poor joke, ...
2 x 50 ? i only paid 40 for horizon plus game and my friend bought them for 30 horizon plus 30 for the game

Full price. Support in advance in expectation of exiting content coming as promised. Some even bought a life time pass in 2015. They may have been passed away already simply by senile decay till this ltp is a good return.

Top Bottom