General [MEGATHREAD] Rebalances and fixes for the progression system, risk/reward ratio, ingame learning curves, pvp, and more!

And if they are working against you, you kill them, which again works against your own faction.
What do you mean it works against our own faction? If they have missions, they fail upon death and failure lowers faction influence in system. And besides, we run an anarchy faction so murder is cool n good

let me try a summary

in the beginning open was fun and many life was in it.
then the so called "pvp community" shot down everyone in open who is not their skill level or they just didnt like or are easy victims for their "salt mining".
victims who complain are told to play in solo or private group or gidgud
the masses are leaving open having fun with their game in PG or even solo.

now the "pvp community" would like the developer of this virtual universe to force the players who left the open for some reasons to play in open.
in addition the "pvp community" is a tiny minority compared to all players of elite dangerous in view of all playstyles at the 3 sections.

*picard facepalm - a huge one.

Your playstyles don't deserve to be put over our playstyles either, and neither do your personal desires.
We are all playing the same game here, that's why this thread exists in the first place to come to a common point with everyone.

And we are on a good way to achieving that, with or without you as the community is also discussing things outside of this thread.
See Addendums.

FD have established the design of the game we have. I accept, and defend that design. Maintain the aspects of this design as I have mentioned, and you'll garner more support.

If you really think that this suggestion will move FD, you are in for a real disappointment. None of the previous attempts at re-writting the game this way has gotten any notice, certainly no response, since even before the game's release. In fact, FD have strengthened the ability to avoid PvP. I'm just here to keep ip the good fight. Viva la choice!

BGS is a PvP activity by design. Making the interaction optional creates an atmosphere of paranoia and distrust within that mechanic.

BGS in solo/PG is toxic to the community. Full Stop.

This has nothing to do with the OP, but any PvP/BGS related gameplay relies on documentation created by the community instead of through the game itself. And attempting to figure out who you are fighting during BGS conflicts requires hunting through the entire community like a troll.

I'll defend open only BGS and encourage more in-game documentation all day long.
The BGS is not a PvP activity and never has been.

So banning people for "rules violation" that are only giving constructive arguments, and bringing up good points but leaving the people that are just stomp their feet and say "no this is not something that affects me" or "no this is not a problem if I want to do PvE only" and removing tags that are not "omg this is an open only problem" is only solidifying my aversion to be anywhere near the forums. This is a very well written post with many good points and people just want to bury their heads in the sand and stick with a system that makes it impossible to do any kind of meaningful PvP.

And yes BGS is a PvP activity...

So we have yet another "Hotel California" being born...
It is odd that the majority of shouts for "re-balance" and "Risk /Reward" comes, in the main, from players who want 2 of 3 modes removed from the game as "unfair"...
A very eloquent OP, to be sure. Couldn't it have been condensed a little to perhaps "OpenOnly!!!! PvP for everyone!!!!" and saved a lot of typing?

And exactly what is a Veteran player, it appears to be bandied around without any particular definition.... Am I a Veteran player, will I ever be one 😭

Ian Phillips

Volunteer Moderator
So banning people for "rules violation" that are only giving constructive arguments, and bringing up good points but leaving the people that are just stomp their feet and say "no this is not something that affects me" or "no this is not a problem if I want to do PvE only" and removing tags that are not "omg this is an open only problem" is only solidifying my aversion to be anywhere near the forums. This is a very well written post with many good points and people just want to bury their heads in the sand and stick with a system that makes it impossible to do any kind of meaningful PvP.

And yes BGS is a PvP activity...
If you have a problem with moderation actions taken against you on the forums, you are perfectly entitled to ask for a review of said action. You can find how to do that in the forum rules.

said it before and i will say it again, you will never get people who left open to play solo/pg back to open unless you turn the bubble into what high sec is in eve, basically near instant response from the space police to shoot down the attacker.

Unless you create the safty bubble for players to fly in open with out the threat of having that fun ruined by some . No one is going to want to play open.

Not force to play in open, but create an incentive to play in open and create means for players to learn open survival.
Why would a player who has opted to not play in open need an incentive to play in open?
Wouldn't it be better by far to get rid of open and only permit group play and solo? Then groups with similar interests would be able to enjoy their playstyle without interference or criticism.

said it before and i will say it again, you will never get people who left open to play solo/pg back to open unless you turn the bubble into what high sec is in eve, basically near instant response from the space police to shoot down the attacker.

Unless you create the safty bubble for players to fly in open with out the threat of having that fun ruined by some . No one is going to want to play open.
a very huge upvote

first the problem must be fixed why so many people left the open. then the time has come to improve the open gameplay. not the other way round.

The forums are one of the places where proposals encounter other players who may not share the same opinion as to what constitutes an improvement to their game.

You say this but if it is true why do you and your fellow "moderators" regularly report and or block every post that contradicts with your personal view points on game mechanics and player interactions. That is not allowing for the free flow of conversations. and proposals. Not if the proposal must be an idea you already agree with to last as top for conversation.

an add to the point 1. from the post above from @Dr Gentech

first thoughts of the enforcer community
  • players on that list can't use solo or pg.
  • docking in hisec is denied. except for stations with blackmarket where they can bribe their way in.
  • they can't log out in reg space only at a station.

we can add all kinds of ideas for them. pvp would be very rewarding then.
So basically your saying only lawful players can even use solo or PG or dock at 95% of all stations? Clearly you have no idea how and game breaking that idea is.

You say this but if it is true why do you and your fellow "moderators" regularly report and or block every post that contradicts with your personal view points on game mechanics and player interactions. That is not allowing for the free flow of conversations. and proposals. Not if the proposal must be an idea you already agree with to last as top for conversation.
counter point, how many solo/pg players do you see on here calling for the removal of open, and or screwing over people in open, or removing features from open play only?

Because the game allows for PvP, doesn't mean PvP has to dominate the game. In fact, if you objectively look at how the game has been designed, and implemented, PvP has almost no relevance to the game. Obviously that was, and is, on purpose. And, this is right from the very base level of the game. The modes. Not too long ago FD reinforced their 'PvP only if you want to' policy by strengthening the block feature. What do you make of that?

What do you offer a player not interested in PvP, that for almost six years could enjoy E|D without it, in exchange for that static environment? What about all of those PMFs attached to PvE players? Are we expected to just let them whither and die, for the sake of PvP?

It appears that someone may have bought the wrong type of game. PvP just isn't that important.

Quoting for truth
PVP is a minor part of Combat which in turn is minor part of the whole. The other two parts being Trading and Exploration.

The game is ok as it is - open only requests are only showing lack of understanding ED as a whole - infrastructure & networking, gameplay and target audience (community as a whole)

disconnect Solo Play and Private Group BGS and Powerplay from Open Play but keep those features in seperate the gamemodes.

And OP, IF FDev wanted a disconnected mode - they would have kept offline mode - but they dropped it during kickstarter. It should say something to you
So yea, as been said already - it seems to me you are in the wrong game...

Top Bottom