Patch Notes Fleet Carriers Update - Beta 2 - Patch Notes

** Important **
If My Fleet Carrier has all my Ships and Modules (or some) what happens to them if decomissioning happens? Do I loose the lot, or are they transfered to nearest starport or starport of my choice etc?

** Important **
If My Fleet Carrier has all my Ships and Modules (or some) what happens to them if decomissioning happens? Do I loose the lot, or are they transfered to nearest starport or starport of my choice etc?

The same thing happens as what happens for people using your fleet carrier: the ships and modules are transferred to the nearest space station.

Stephen Benedetti

Community Manager
** Important **
Hey @Fire Dragon,

If your Fleet Carrier becomes decommissioned, the ships and modules will be transferred to the nearest Carrier Construction Facility. Whilst it's being decommissioned, however, the ships and modules will be located onboard the Fleet Carrier.

Ok good to see that the easy stuff that required simple number tweaking, is outta the way. I really hope the devs are now working in getting some juicy stuff into this update. People again, really spent hours and hours into beta, and also spent hours upon hours writing down ideas and presenting their suggestions, so it would be pity to not put to use those incredible ideas.
I hope that things like Bridge view and player trading for engineered modules are getting ready, among many others, and would be presented as an amazing surprise, into the live version of carriers.
Looking forward to see if community feedback concerning some additions (and not just tweaking the initial stuff) was taken aboard.

- Edited to be more nice.

Last edited:
Ok i see you got the easy stuff that required simple number tweaking, outta the way. I hope you are now working in getting the important stuff into this update. People for once more spent hours and hours into beta, and also spent hours upon hours writing down ideas and presenting their suggestions. So community worked really hard this time for once more.
Things like Bridge view and player trading for engineered modules should be getting ready, among many others.
Waiting to see if feedback was taken seriously this time.
Just because a suggestion doesn't make it into the game doesn't necessarily mean it wasn't taken seriously.

Great news!

Wait... you can get in the same instance as an arriving Fleet Carrier!?

Surely a carrier can arrive anywhere in an almost inquantifiable vastness of space around the target body. How would you even identify the point of arrival in order to be there first?

I just assumed they were their own self-contained instance that appeared on the system and could be dropped in on from frameshift only after arrival (or having been riding with the actual carrier).

That's pretty cool!

Edit: or does this refer to commanders on board the arriving carrier?
I've seen a video on youtube of a fleet carrier arriving so it's certainly possible
Source: https://youtu.be/b-9P47BiaEE

Ok i see you got the easy stuff that required simple number tweaking, outta the way. I hope you are now working in getting the important stuff into this update. People for once more spent hours and hours into beta, and also spent hours upon hours writing down ideas and presenting their suggestions. So community worked really hard this time for once more.
Things like Bridge view and player trading for engineered modules should be getting ready, among many others.
Waiting to see if feedback was taken seriously this time.
There has never been any mention of engineered modules, that is just a dream of yours.

Bridge view, I would certainly hope to see that in the new era, definitely not something they will suddenly add in the final beta.

Keep up the good work guys. If this beta process and the final product output is an indicator of how "Next Era" will go then all I can say is I am VERY excited for the coming times in Elite Dangerous. The middle of 2020 to the early part of 2021 marks a real change in the game and I believe it will be looked back on widely as the great renaissance of Elite! Bravo and please relay kudos back to the staff hard at work on your next conference!

Keep up the good work guys. If this beta process and the final product output is an indicator of how "Next Era" will go then all I can say is I am VERY excited for the coming times in Elite Dangerous. The middle of 2020 to the early part of 2021 marks a real change in the game and I believe it will be looked back on widely as the great renaissance of Elite! Bravo and please relay kudos back to the staff hard at work on your next conference!
I hate to be "that guy" but even if Beta 2 on the paper seems to be a big step forward, I still hope that the "Next Era" is far better than this.

Bridge view, I would certainly hope to see that in the new era, definitely not something they will suddenly add in the final beta.

I think most of the requests are to add an external view from what it could be the bridge, just to look at the jump animation.
Few people instead require a real bridge for operations and crew.
I think the two requests are often confused. While I think it would not be so difficult to add the first one (which is the one I refer in my posts), I also agree that the second one is a bit too far for this free content.

I would hope that Frontier will want to see how well (cross-platform) CMDR credit transfer and commodity transfer go in the long-term in a live build before adding any more things we can use carriers to swap even if they think it's a good idea [1].

Not the sort of thing where the implications are going to be obvious in a couple of weeks of Beta that no-one's taking seriously in terms of their usual activities.

[1] I do think engineered module trading should be added some day, because it'll be funny to see if the price the buyers want to pay for them and the price the sellers want to get for them even have the same number of zeroes. (My guess would be 'no', and with far fewer sellers than buyers the sellers will set the price) But not just now.

Top Bottom