Removing rammers

so there is a small player base that rams other with their ship to avoid being a criminal. Is their any updates coming to avoid this? even something as small as the same fine as bumping another vessel while speeding in or out of a station. just wondering.

so there is a small player base that rams other with their ship to avoid being a criminal. Is their any updates coming to avoid this? even something as small as the same fine as bumping another vessel while speeding in or out of a station. just wondering.
The problem is how does the game know that it's them ramming you rather than you ramming them?

The near-station rule that the one doing under 100m/s is being rammed is okay but would leave you a sitting duck for guns if you tried it away from a station.

Are you sure they aren't picking up notoriety when they ram you? I always thought they did. If you are in a small ship then use your vector thrusters to avoid them in the slot. If you are in a big ship then get yourself some big shields. If they flysquat themselves on your windscreen when you are doing less than 100mps, then just use your wipers and laugh it off

If they are annoying you then go into Solo or Group

Deleted member 110222

D
Honestly there are worse things to worry about.

Bounty or no bounty, you still blow up.

shrugs

that is a great point. but if i'm completely still and being rammed, is that not detectable I wonder?

All motion is relative in space. In the real universe with two ships floating in space there would be no way to tell, of course this is a game and there is an actual rest position for ships so the game itself knows.

that is a great point. but if i'm completely still and being rammed, is that not detectable I wonder?

If somebody collides with you while you are going under 100m/s, they will receive a fine and be flagged for the collision. If you die shortly after or as a result of the collision, the rammer will become a criminal and most likely be destroyed by the station. None of that is a hard counter to people ramming you of course, but it shouldn't. If they agree with the consequences, they should be able to.

The only real way is to take away pilot controlled landings at a set proximity to the station- so that if you get close you automatically retract hardpoints, and are guided in.

The problem with this would then be LR weapons on weak ships sniping outside station gun range.

In short there is no real answer, and that you have to be prepared for it.

Ramming is a fantastic hobby. But of course I am only referring to NPC ships in my case, unless you are a wingman, then you are fair game for a smooshing in the mailslot.

There are some nefarious types however who use the tactics to grief players. They get in your way in a tiny shieldless ship that you kill by mistake, in the hope you'll get stationed to death.

It's not my cup of tea to go griefing people like this, and it seems a bit lame, but if you ever see me near a station, I advise moving, as I'm a bit like a tennage driver - I don't believe in the speed limit, and I think I can fit through much smaller gaps than I can in reality!

Best of luck OP,
The Hat :)

Deleted member 38366

D

Your only chance is to identify them (either getting rammed yourself or observing it from a distance) and then block all observed Station Rammers (i.e. via Recent contacts -> block Player).
That should remove them from your Game for the most part (no 100% guarantee... but reportedly this works very well).

Don't expect to ever see proper Telemetry and an automated punishment, we haven't had that in years despite multiple solutions existing to nail them down very effectively.
FDev has shown no interest in this.

Station ramming is an exploit, and its users are cheaters... full stop.

I block and report whenever I see someone doing it. It’s no different than combat logging.

As @FalconFly said, FDev has tried to stop it with various updates. I suspect that they just don’t know how.

< braces self for inevitable wave of players trying to justify their abuse of what is clearly an unintended loophole / AKA: an exploit 🍿 >

Station ramming is an exploit, and its users are cheaters... full stop.

I block and report whenever I see someone doing it. It’s no different than combat logging.

As @FalconFly said, FDev has tried to stop it with various updates. I suspect that they just don’t know how.

< braces self for inevitable wave of players trying to justify their abuse of what is clearly an unintended loophole / AKA: an exploit 🍿 >
How can it be an exploit, when you simply don't speed to avoid any penalties?
Is it shoddy, naughty behaviour? Yes.
An exploit? No way. Don't speed criminal scum.

That's the problem this game has. It has rules, but people don't like to adhere to them and then cry foul when they have to
face the consequences. That's why no C&P will ever stop gankers from being gankers, because they adapt and learn.
But it will have consequences for everyone, and then the moaning starts anew.

Top Bottom