Search option market for other color types (albino, black, etc)

My idea for having modders do it is completely because I'd like to see 30+ skins per habitat animal, and I honestly can't see Frontier giving us that. If they're willing to that would be awesome and I'd be jumping with joy if they did; I just sincerely doubt that it's going to happen. I don't like replacing animals either, personally; but the thing with the Quagga was just to show how beautiful the recolor was and how good modders will create amazing things. If you look at the mods for stuff like Skyrim or Sims, yes there are countless duds, but there are also thousands upon thousands of breathtaking mods. I'd be more than happy to scroll past those duds to get to the gems. Again, I'd love to see Frontier put out what I want, but I'm realistic that its not happening. I haven't spoken to a single person with two brain cells to rub together (there's no accounting for idiots) who installs mods and then blames the game developer when they break something in the process; if anything they blame the modder. At the end of the day, I'd like for modders to have the freedom to add more skins; if people don't want to install those mods, well they're purely aesthetic nobody is forcing them, but I wanna see 30+ skins for each habitat animal and if Frontier isn't willing to do it than they should allow those who are willing to give it a go; and again I'm honestly not expecting Frontier to actually release 30+ skins, that'd be a heap of work which IMO would be better spent on them adding entirely new animals.

Hell I tried to install the mod that removes the maximum coverage for animals, and somehow that got heaters and coolers to no longer display the temp you set it to (instead of saying "40° C" it said "Heater Temperature" or "Cooler Temperature"); the game updated around the same time so I wasn't sure if the update messed it up or the mod, I repaired the game on Steam and it went back to normal... it was the mod. Absolutely not Frontier's fault, I wish the mod hadn't done that because I wanted to use it but it was a quick fix.

Last edited:
My idea for having modders do it is completely because I'd like to see 30+ skins per habitat animal, and I honestly can't see Frontier giving us that. If they're willing to that would be awesome and I'd be jumping with joy if they did; I just sincerely doubt that it's going to happen. I don't like replacing animals either, personally; but the thing with the Quagga was just to show how beautiful the recolor was and how good modders will create amazing things. If you look at the mods for stuff like Skyrim or Sims, yes there are countless duds, but there are also thousands upon thousands of breathtaking mods. I'd be more than happy to scroll past those duds to get to the gems. Again, I'd love to see Frontier put out what I want, but I'm realistic that its not happening. I haven't spoken to a single person with two brain cells to rub together (there's no accounting for idiots) who installs mods and then blames the game developer when they break something in the process; if anything they blame the modder. At the end of the day, I'd like for modders to have the freedom to add more skins; if people don't want to install those mods, well they're purely aesthetic nobody is forcing them, but I wanna see 30+ skins for each habitat animal and if Frontier isn't willing to do it than they should allow those who are willing to give it a go; and again I'm honestly not expecting Frontier to actually release 30+ skins, that'd be a heap of work which IMO would be better spent on them adding entirely new animals.

Hell I tried to install the mod that removes the maximum coverage for animals, and somehow that got heaters and coolers to no longer display the temp you set it to (instead of saying "40° C" it said "Heater Temperature" or "Cooler Temperature"); the game updated around the same time so I wasn't sure if the update messed it up or the mod, I repaired the game on Steam and it went back to normal... it was the mod. Absolutely not Frontier's fault, I wish the mod hadn't done that because I wanted to use it but it was a quick fix.

I saw for instance with the llama that within a few days there were many different colors mods. But from what i saw with the mods it that the different colors (or different animal, like a prezwalsky horse), remove the standard ones.. so for example all females are color X, or all zebra's are now prezwalsky horse....

but I wanna see 30+ skins for each habitat animal and if Frontier isn't willing to do it than they should allow those who are willing to give it a go
It's their product, they have no obligation towards modders.
But for 30+ skins - Frontier will have to adjust game mechanics to allow 30+ skins per animal (the current game only allows 2) or hand out free tools to the community. (Which I doubt even more)

While the Quagga looks good, it's just a texture replacement/adjustment - if you have Photoshop - it's not that difficult. I used the exact same method on old Nascar racing games (approx 20 years ago). There's a really easy video about changing texture in PZ.

The whole mod blaming, in the past couple weeks seen multiple discussions with another game.
If a mod is highly popular/used and something breaks down: Mod updates = blaming modder, game updates = blaming dev. In the end the player has issues and will lose most/all of his progress. (depending on type mod ofc)

When the games reaches the end of support, I'd gladly welcome mods. But the official DLC content is better than current PZ mods can give us.

I find it sad that the modders can make such a better version of the male lion considering how many talented people their are at frontier. They are probably capable of doing even better then the modders but have yet to.

I think 1 remastered version (the latest one) is poorly made.

The other one looks good in the face but the mane doesn't look good. Not good enough to replace the original.
Apparently the oldest one needs to be updated and that's the biggest issue with mods.

I saw for instance with the llama that within a few days there were many different colors mods. But from what i saw with the mods it that the different colors (or different animal, like a prezwalsky horse), remove the standard ones.. so for example all females are color X, or all zebra's are now prezwalsky horse....

Yupp, they're beautifully made too, the shading is near perfect. I would like modders to be able to add skins to animals at some point hopefully soon since new skins would be released by Frontier in free updates, putting Frontier at no risk of losing money by allowing modders to run wild. When they stop updating I'd like modders to be able to create new animals. I completely understand Frontier not allowing new animal creation right now, since who'd buy DLC if modders could create all those animals? Some people would still buy DLC of course, but Frontier would be in direct competition with the modding community. When Frontier decides though to call it quits on releasing more DLC for PZ, well then they are no longer competing financially with modders since they aren't selling anything new anymore. There is no longer a risk that modder will create animals that PZ was including in an expansion, discouraging people from actually paying for the content. At that point all modders could do would be to add more stuff to continue encouraging people to keep playing and potentially even attract new players (who still have to buy the base game).

Top Bottom