Suggestion: Gas planet stations

Hello CMDRs! Yesterday, an idea came to my mind when reading about the future plans of atmospheric landing: What about the ability to land on stations that are near/"inside" gas giants, where you have to go "into" the gas planet, so it would look like the Forerunner Mining Outpost from Halo 2 or Gas City from Warframe. The stations there could then for example extract the gas and produce extremly cheap Tritium or could also serve as isolated penal colonies for high security prisioners.

Thanks for reading my suggestion and fly safe CMDRs o7

That is something that could ease the way for atmospheric landings too, something a lot of cmdrs have been hoping for.

It's an opportunity to design the flying though atmosphere bit - all the turbulance, cloud/smoke/steam effects and alien wildlife splattering on the canopy (wipers please!) first, without having to design a whole new planetary surface as well. That could be done later.

And extra Tritium mines is double plus good for anyone who doesn't like mining so much :)

Deleted member 121570

D
Great idea!
It'd be interesting to see how the model copes with stuff like drag, pressure, winds/speeds, and atmo chemical compositions too. Could be a lot of fun indeed.

Yes, with my first and foremost wish of atmospheric flight comes also flying inside gas giant atmospheres, and aerostat stations floating there would give us something to fly to.

Hello CMDRs! Yesterday, an idea came to my mind when reading about the future plans of atmospheric landing: What about the ability to land on stations that are near/"inside" gas giants, where you have to go "into" the gas planet, so it would look like the Forerunner Mining Outpost from Halo 2 or Gas City from Warframe. The stations there could then for example extract the gas and produce extremly cheap Tritium or could also serve as isolated penal colonies for high security prisioners.

Thanks for reading my suggestion and fly safe CMDRs o7

This is what I originally suggested for fueling carriers. Gas mining from certain class giants or direct purchase from cloud cities. Instead we got the same tired mechanics as always.

Top Bottom