Sure, its let go, but lastly, I did ask yesterday for a link to where it was previously discussed before the arguments, as I would gladly have read the previous discussions, and wasnt given one.

Anyways, this game has thrown plenty of curve-balls at us that to discount somthing based on "font" or somthing, just seemed unfair to the game.

We have commets that dont render but their gavity effects are present, we have orbital dynamics running, which my freiend who turned me onto ED and has been playing ALOT longer than me, insisted were NOT acitive in the game, until I googled and took him to some system with a landable moon that orbits its planet like every 32secs or somthing, than he finally agreed things like stations are acutally orbiting, but he insisted they didnt actually move, and hes been playing a long time before me and even turned me onto Raxxla...

Bottom line is, length of experience playing the game, doesnt make you automatically right, you could play the game for years and know nothing, or 1 month and know everything most players know, but there is never a reason to insist your correct when you cant or wont backup your claims, thats called arrogance.

My experience here has been. Great and non judgmental. Even though the things I've brought up have been discussed I was allowed to say my piece, was politely told that it has already been looked into but always encouraging to see for myself.

I didn't see all of your exchange admittedly but I can tell from the later responses it wasn't like my experience. This group is prolly the best on this forum. I hope it doesn't discourage you from continuing to post just know... Some of these folks been at this for a very long time.

Deleted member 38366

D
Yesterday i learned you can actually initiate a misjump. We were fighting goids in a wing out near asterope. Because of wing bugs one of our squad kept blue screening out of game (ps4) as soon as the jump would start. any ways the first time when he logged back in he was 34k ls out into his destination system. The second time he was in a nearby system just a jump away but a completely wrong system from where he was targeting. Each of these jumps were only a few ly away, 10 max. Imagine if it were a neutron boost jump....

I know game closing is against the rules for pvp but i wonder how this counts if one were to intentionally close the app to create misjumps.

Losing connection to the Servers can have various effects.
Due to the Client being surprisingly tolerant to connection issues (AFAIK upto 1 full Minute of connection loss in SuperCruise), the own Ship can end up in a totally different place than the Client showed the Player.
While awkward when logging back in, it's quite common with Networking issues.

I've made plenty of "Network lagged out" Jumps. Effects included :
  • Ship was found parked at ~50Ls from the main star (despite having been elsewhere within the System in SuperCruise)
  • Ship was found in the original System (Connection loss during Hyperjump) but Fuel for said jump was discounted from the Ship
  • Ship was found in the Destination System despite seeing nothing but an "endless Hyperjump tunnel" (Client had to be manually terminated via Task Manager)
  • Ship found crashed into Sun's Body Exclusion Zone in Destination System after Client only gave black screen instead of showing arrival in new System and stalled Audio loop (Client apparently still had Ship flying forward)

Thus, I wouldn't make anything out of it.

I have fancied the treasure map for a long time, as you know. To me, it makes sense given "what once was lost will soon be found", etc. Still have the map but whoever's knew how to read it has died????
Rookie mistake. Always keep your clay tablet player software updated and ported to astronomical computer. Some of these contemporary spaceships can't even read cuneiform, resulting in hauling tons of burned clay for no purpose at all. This tablet here shows how to reach MULMUL - 𒀯𒀯, the celestial home of anzu birds and other flying creatures. To properly understand the omens involved, a sacrifice of barley flour must be made when Ishtar is in the constellation of Goat-Fish. Anointing your head with sheep-fat before any long distance exploration might also be beneficial.
neo-assyrianstarchart.jpg
1590449164652.jpeg

Do you understand, that Gaia's map is NOT complete YET as for today ? :Dhttps://www.esa.int/Science_Explora...tes_richest_star_map_of_our_Galaxy_and_beyond
That one should give us proper 3d coords for closest stars ...so everything we could plot here - are projections and speculations for some degree, and once we have already 3D map inside Elite ...how can we relay on projections to Earth sky ? It MAY match 3D in game only for very close stars I think.

Last edited:
Do you understand, that Gaia's map is NOT complete YET as for today ? :Dhttps://www.esa.int/Science_Explora...tes_richest_star_map_of_our_Galaxy_and_beyond
That one should give us proper 3d coords for closest stars ...so everything we could plot here - are projections and speculations for some degree, and once we have already 3D map inside Elite ...how can we relay on projections to Earth sky ? It MAY match 3D in game only for very close stars I think.

ED uses JD2000 data. IMO you can ignore any source outside of ED which is newer than that unless it's been hand authored.

ED uses JD2000 data. IMO you can ignore any source outside of ED which is newer than that unless it's been hand authored.
Like Trappist-1 for example

However this is damn incredible...

Of course.
Also much of the star data FD used is good on angular accuracy but less accurate on distance, as you’d expect. I think this is why the Broken Heart “Nebula” (IC1802 I vaguely recall) is located between NGC 7822 and the Heart Nebula, wheras in practice it should be located at the heart (😉) of the Heart Neb. IRL it’s bright stars are creating the cavity at the centre of the Heart Neb. This was one of the factors that led me to investigate that area, that and the fact that Broken Heart is a great solution to the Parent’s Grief and Lover’s Woe. I also investigated Broken Heart Cluster, which is a long way in the opposite direction, towards Col70.

Rookie mistake. Always keep your clay tablet player software updated and ported to astronomical computer. Some of these contemporary spaceships can't even read cuneiform, resulting in hauling tons of burned clay for no purpose at all. This tablet here shows how to reach MULMUL - 𒀯𒀯, the celestial home of anzu birds and other flying creatures. To properly understand the omens involved, a sacrifice of barley flour must be made when Ishtar is in the constellation of Goat-Fish. Anointing your head with sheep-fat before any long distance exploration might also be beneficial.
View attachment 174424
Hhhhhhh! This is nonsense......as soon as you apply the sheep's fat your tin foil hat immediately starts slipping off! ;-)

Last edited:
I wonder do you Raxxla tinfoil hatter's will found use of Fleet Carier at your disposal ?
I want to buy one and put it for some honorable Don Quichotte like service. :alien::alien::alien:
I think an FC as essential to finding Raxxla....but that's because I really want one and have absolutely no use for one, so need to justify to myself why I'm doing a complete tour of the rim to save up UC data to buy one :)

Of course.
Also much of the star data FD used is good on angular accuracy but less accurate on distance, as you’d expect. I think this is why the Broken Heart “Nebula” (IC1802 I vaguely recall) is located between NGC 7822 and the Heart Nebula, wheras in practice it should be located at the heart (😉) of the Heart Neb. IRL it’s bright stars are creating the cavity at the centre of the Heart Neb. This was one of the factors that led me to investigate that area, that and the fact that Broken Heart is a great solution to the Parent’s Grief and Lover’s Woe. I also investigated Broken Heart Cluster, which is a long way in the opposite direction, towards Col70.

I could be wrong, but I think the nebulae are all in the wrong places because they forgot to adjust the co-ordinates to J2000 epoch when entering them. LBN625 and other planetary nebula are all a bit offset from their host stars too.

View attachment 174424

Oops, goats again, must be a portent!
For those without sheeps-fat, can we use beef dripping? Or if in Europe olive oil? 😉

Last edited:
I still think that's wrong... I'm thinking the mother of galaxies thing, and the brightest star in Cassiopeia is Alpha Cass, (Gamma Cass is the central star of the crown). What happens to the triangle if we were to use it's coordinates instead?
Wikipedia: Cassiopeia

The trouble with trying to decipher the toast is that there are multiple solutions to each part.
For the jewel that burns on the brow of the mother of galaxies could also be Gemma, or Sol (as previously discussed ages ago 🙂)

Top Bottom