If im correct, instructions should be

Go to lft 926 system station Meredith City and do missions for The Dark Wheel minor faction that is there. Preferably accepting inf++ rewards.

Until such time as the dark wheel control the station this is pretty much it. Await further orders after we successfully take control, and thank you for your service cmdr

o7
Will my rep with other minor factions matter? Otherwise

Will my rep with other minor factions matter? Otherwise
Atm no not at all. At such time in the future that tdw expands there could be a chance a faction you have rep with my be in a system we need to move through. I assure you any control taken during these expansions will only need to be temporary until which time as we expand out of that system moving forward towards our goal.

You will not be require to take any actions against any factions you do not wish to as any participation on your part is voluntary. I hope this answered your question properly

AEDC expanded an Alliance faction (non-PMF) all the way down from Alliance space with the intention of gaining an expansion in to Sol. A series of targeted expansions in 3302 got us next door and the next expansion should have entered Sol itself - alas the BGS ignored the system and pushed us elsewhere instead. We did however liberate the nasty Federation permit-locked prison colony of Ross 128 instead. Some people may remember.

Please provide more information on this I am super excited to obtain data on non PMF expansion attempt into Sol. Thank you very much for sharing! Part of this experiment would be to test if possibly TDW is different in some way. And the goal from Phase one is to get TDW to Sol and secondarily to check if it will go INTO Sol. So just expanding it there will test if anything happens and then attempting to get it into Sol will yield results either way.

Ok, scanned the OP (tl;dr?) and joined the Discord. Lots of talk there, for sure. But what I'm missing are instructions for casual grunts like me. Simple instructions.
Like:
  • go to system xyz and shoot abc
  • go to system yxz and deliver carto data to bca
  • go to system zyx and win conflict zones for cab
Something like this, and easily findable (e.g. on a dedicated curated channel in the Discord @CMDR Kai Zen ;) ) would go a long way towards getting me off my lazy donkey. As it is now, I'd have to spend too much time to even find out where I should go to do what.

At the discord there is a Catagory: Turn the wheel with a #Standing-orders channel that gives clear and specific instructions for what to do.

For now the instructions state everyone with access to Shinrarta permit should run INF+++++ missions for TDW in Shinrarta. Anyone without access to Shinrarta should go next door to LFT 926 and represent TDW by joining their side in conflict zones. This will help TDW to win their war in LFT 926.

If you are still unable to find this channel please contact me on discord and I will assist you in finding it.

Thank you!

If im correct, instructions should be

Go to lft 926 system station Meredith City and do missions for The Dark Wheel minor faction that is there. Preferably accepting inf++ rewards.

Until such time as the dark wheel control the station this is pretty much it. Await further orders after we successfully take control, and thank you for your service cmdr

o7
Doing missions right now in LFT 926 will not help as it is in WAR. As stated the current goals are: Everyone with access to Shinrarta permit should run INF+++++ missions for TDW in Shinrarta. Anyone without access to Shinrarta should go next door to LFT 926 and represent TDW by joining their side in conflict zones. This will help TDW to win their war in LFT 926.

Please provide more information on this I am super excited to obtain data on non PMF expansion attempt into Sol. Thank you very much for sharing! Part of this experiment would be to test if possibly TDW is different in some way. And the goal from Phase one is to get TDW to Sol and secondarily to check if it will go INTO Sol. So just expanding it there will test if anything happens and then attempting to get it into Sol will yield results either way.

Not much to tell really, it just didn't work. Sol should have been first choice expansion target, instead it went to the system we'd identified as second choice. We went down a similar thought process to yourself:
a) Has anyone else tried it - more than likely but nothing we can confirm
b) Has anyone tried it with a non-PMF - again, more than likely but nothing we can confirm
c) Has anyone tried with current expansion mechanics at the time (possibly not, because no one else on the forum appeared to know how current expansion mechanics worked - not today's mechanics, but those from 3302/3)
d) If Plan A fails, can we force Sol's ruling faction to expand to our chosen system and displace our faction back in to Sol.

We knew point d had been done in one of the capital systems previously (I believe due to just normal BGS behaviour as opposed to intentional player actions) at least once. We'd also achieved that intentionally with our own faction back in Alliance space, so knew how to do it. Unfortunately, we ended up in a player war over Ross 128 before getting the chance to test this.

Point c is, I believe, your only hope for your project. And then you're crossing your fingers and praying. You've basically come up with some wild theory that most likely won't release Raxxla on the player base, and you're pinning your hope on one faction behaving differently to all others to support that theory. You're going to be dissappointed.

It is possible to expand into a permit locked system, fyi, Isinor system expanded into by Delta Squadron.
It was possible, and several did. After the Alliance got into Ross 128, Frontier adjusted the rules to make expansion into permit locked systems "more difficult" ... since then, I don't think anyone has managed it - whether it's actually impossible or just really difficult is hard to say.

Sol, however, is BGS-locked as well as permit-locked. The BGS lock type is the same one used for Colonia and Ratraii (which regularly keep out both PMFs and non-PMFs) ... but given the distance and density of PMFs between Sol and Shin Dez even getting close is probably going to take a few years.

but given the distance and density of PMFs between Sol and Shin Dez even getting close is probably going to take a few years.

Absolutely.
We brought our faction down around 100Ly IIRC. I'd originally presented the plan to our troops with "It'll probably take at last 2 months". Let's just say that was wildly optimistic - it was longer than 12months. Targeted expansions don't always go where you want them to (and we could push our faction in to ANY system within about 30Ly in those days irrespective of how many were already there, you can't do that today). Player commitment wanes. Unexpected things get in the way.

We bumped in to a few other players/groups on the way down who we could never identify but we knew they were there because our actions barely had any impact on occasions. The final expansion day was kind of exciting, but we'd already guessed by that point that it wasn't going to happen. Bit of an anti-climax after so many months of really quite hard work. We managed to use the Ross 128 situation to lift spirits, but that just attracted more player opposition - you can't win lol.

Not much to tell really, it just didn't work. Sol should have been first choice expansion target, instead it went to the system we'd identified as second choice. We went down a similar thought process to yourself:
a) Has anyone else tried it - more than likely but nothing we can confirm
b) Has anyone tried it with a non-PMF - again, more than likely but nothing we can confirm
c) Has anyone tried with current expansion mechanics at the time (possibly not, because no one else on the forum appeared to know how current expansion mechanics worked - not today's mechanics, but those from 3302/3)
d) If Plan A fails, can we force Sol's ruling faction to expand to our chosen system and displace our faction back in to Sol.

We knew point d had been done in one of the capital systems previously (I believe due to just normal BGS behaviour as opposed to intentional player actions) at least once. We'd also achieved that intentionally with our own faction back in Alliance space, so knew how to do it. Unfortunately, we ended up in a player war over Ross 128 before getting the chance to test this.

Point c is, I believe, your only hope for your project. And then you're crossing your fingers and praying. You've basically come up with some wild theory that most likely won't release Raxxla on the player base, and you're pinning your hope on one faction behaving differently to all others to support that theory. You're going to be dissappointed.

Thank you so much for your information provided. Please advise the name of the non player faction used and date attempted. I would love to speak with you further on this. With regard to me pinning false hopes I would respond that I guarantee you that I won't be disappointed as I am going into this with eyes wide open to the very real probability that TDW will not be able to move into Sol. I am just looking to test the possibility (as well as several others) that it might. Also if we get thousands of players working on this project and expand TDW accross the bubble while we are just kind of hanging out and waiting for Next Era to drop next year it will both give us all a fun project to work on and change the very footprint of the Elite Dangerous bubble and also demonstrate clearly to Frontier that there are a lot of their players who would love more story things added to the universe. I assure you sir I am not some nut job who has a crackpot theory that he is positive will work and will be crushed when it doesn't. If you asked me to bet $500 right now that TDW moves into Sol or not I would take the bet against. It's just a fun project to work on with a bunch of people similar to the project you are mentioning you tried in the past. Bright thoughtful questioning people such as yourself are EXACTLY the kind of people we would love to come and join us on this experiment. I hope that you will but if you are deeply immersed in some other project or experiment at the moment then I salute you and wish you luck with it!

Thanks, found it. I just had to scroll past the voice channels 🤷‍♂️. ShinDez it is then. As Open would probably provide too many... er... distractions, do the people working for this have a preferred PG?
many are working in open many more in various PG's or solo. Ask in the Text channel and indicate your platform and I'm sure you can scrounge up a group to have some PWP (Player With Player) fun with! : )

I suspect we're going to run into issues with game mechanics that get in our way, but I'm very up for the experiment. Not as knowledgeable about the lore as I should be - but I'm feeling inspired to go and read more too! There should always be room for more role-play ops in-game.

Top Bottom