Release ED Recon: an EDMC plugin for traders and bounty hunters in Elite: dangerous

V1.0.5 "Marshallest"
Bug fix release for 1.0.4

• more robust auto-update (creates updates and backup folder if missing)
  • fixed localization oversights resulting in too long labels
  • fixed failures of the search function when handling temporary (null) systems
  • fixed an incorrect test for shipyard and outfitting in the landing guidance feature
  • fixed incorrect fall-backs for missing or n/a station data that resulted in incorrect "available" display issues.

EDR 1.0.6 "Sheltered" released!
------------------------------------
New Features
  • Landing map for Farseer Inc in Deciat.
  • Extensible map system for landing guidance.

Bug fixes
  • Fixed a bug where user configuration files for the alternate display weren't picked up.

map farseer zoom.png

What version of EDMC has to be installed? I have EDMC 3.4.3 (under Linux), copied the EDR files to the plugin folder but the plugin is not activated.

Not sure but 3.4.3 might be the python 3 version of EDMC, and EDR is still python 2. You may want to download an older version of EDMC.

So, EDMC / Python version is correct.

I haven't used Python 2.7 much, so I have more or less only the base system installed. Do I need any additional python libs installed?

I think I found the problem: the line 'from audioffedback import AudioFeedback' (line 21 of file edrclient.py) failes because the file 'audiofeedback.py' creates the class AudioFeedback only for the platforms darwin and win32 but not for Linux. Any chance to have Linux added too there?

EDR 1.0.7 "Cullinan" released!
-----------------------------------------
Existing EDR user: 1.0.7 will auto-update when you close EDMC, just give it a few minutes.
-----------------------------------------
New features
- Low Temperature Diamonds mining stats: maximize your efficiency and credits!

mining stats.png

- Fleet Carrier support: landing guidance, support for fleet carrier jump and repairs events.

Bug Fixes
- Reminder for limpets was sometimes failing
- Duplicated T in T-01h02m labels, e.g. outlaw sightings.

Is anyone managing the front door to the Discord server? Completed the questions and tagged moderator but still waiting after a few days

Cheers

Had fun making this showcase video about EDR's mining features.
I had this music in my "want to use" folder for quite some time, and Fleet Carriers were the perfect opportunity:

You still have a few weeks to crank the limpets in Borann before the re-roll of Ice rings.
I hope EDR can help you reach the 5+ billion mark faster, o7!

I've been trying out some EDMC plugins with emphasis on ones that use the EDMC Overlay.

EDR is supposed to use this overlay, but doesn't appear to. It's just an extension to the EDMC window like any other plugin.

I have the Overlay running, as confirmed by another plugin that uses it, and I have borderless display, but EDR doesn't seem to be able to see it. What am I missing?

Was on last night and was working fine, as the LTD display was up while mining. Have you scanned other players?

No. Not in the bubble at the moment. At a remote outpost. But it should still show something. Even if just responding to chat commands.

Been playing around some more and I think it may not specifically be an EDR problem. I think it must be an EDMCOverlay problem. I've tried various plugins - EDR, OmniScanner, LandingPad, EDMCHits - and EDMCHIts is the only one that uses the overlay. The rest are confined to the EDMC main window.

I've reinstalled all of them and it's a no go. I'm a bit lost as to what the problem is.

EDRcon only displays other player information when you scan a player. Also Omniscanner is no longer active. They shut it down a while ago. https://github.com/seldonlabs/OmniScanner

Just thought could you be thinking that it's Omniscanner displaying when it's EDRecon

But EDRecon is for more than just player scanning. It displays lots of stuff in the EDMC window, automatically and responding to commands. Just doesn't utilise the overlay.

Noted about OmniScanner. Removed.

I knew it would be something bleedin obvious! I didn't even notice these plugins had their own settings tabs. I assumed settings would be via editable settings files. And I also assumed if overlay is available, they'd automatically use it. Wrong and wrong! Thanks. 😳

Top Bottom