SPEAR "leader" need pilots to fight for him...?

Deleted member 192138

D
Part of the reason PvPers like San Tu is because it's 2/3 jumps from Shinrarta. Having the centre for organised PvP next to the centre for organic PvP is hugely advantageous. Can't imagine there'll be many totally unpopulated systems with decent rings worth fighting in that won't be inconveniently detached from player activity.

Part of the reason PvPers like San Tu is because it's 2/3 jumps from Shinrarta. Having the centre for organised PvP next to the centre for organic PvP is hugely advantageous. Can't imagine there'll be many totally unpopulated systems with decent rings worth fighting in that won't be inconveniently detached from player activity.
Shinrarta's another odd one. On the one hand, BGS can't really happen there (and BGS is definitely one of the things I feel that it's fine to have crimes on for - you're not there to PvP so people shouldn't whine if they get locked out of the station for giving it to you) but on the other it's also full of people who are only there for the outfitting and not to fight.

Deleted member 192138

D
Yeah crimes on if you're doing BGS/power play is legit because the foreground activity is not in-instance PvP, that's a sideshow if it happens.

A lot of people, for some absurd reason, think Shinrarta Dezhra is a good home system despite it being the hotspot for sweaty hands organic PvP. Then they complain that they get dunked on flying through open on their way to go bounty hunting. 🤷

I think everyone goes through a phase of "I'm going to make jameson memorial my home base" straight after they get the permit, then after they've gone and outfitted all the ships they want at that point in their pilot careers, they realise that they don't visit the outfitting screen as much as they thought, the 10% discount becomes meaningless as they're earning credits faster with their big ships while having less to spend them on because they already have big ships. If they fly in open, they eventually realise that having to run a gauntlet every time they go home is trouble that can be avoided by even parking one system over.

I'd consider Atillus on the grounds that hardly anyone can be bothered grinding CQC rank so it's basically a quieter Jameson, but I can't be bothered grinding CQC rank either.

Yeah crimes on if you're doing BGS/power play is legit because the foreground activity is not in-instance PvP, that's a sideshow if it happens.

A lot of people, for some absurd reason, think Shinrarta Dezhra is a good home system despite it being the hotspot for sweaty hands organic PvP. Then they complain that they get dunked on flying through open on their way to go bounty hunting. 🤷
I absolutely love LFT 923 as home system. Close to Shin,
lots of naughty people there and yet I never got attacked.
Seems people don't like to poo on their own lawn.

You market yourselves as lawful enforcers when the priority of the group is not to enforce lawful activity, if it was you would have crimes on.

The reason Spear have crimes off is because their priority is PVP engagement, not enforcing lawful activity.

So this is not lawful vs outlaws, its PVP groups salt mining other PVP groups, nothing more and nothing less.

Deleted member 192138

D
I think it's much more complex than simply being PvP group vs PvP group but certainly yes, SPEAR are not concerned with the lawful enforcer roleplay in anything more than a veneer for what they do.

I think it's much more complex than simply being PvP group vs PvP group but certainly yes, SPEAR are not concerned with the lawful enforcer roleplay in anything more than a veneer for what they do.

And how should that look like in your opinion?

StevieG seems to suggest "crimes on" as one requirement. Given the reaction that this tend to engender, even in cases were the fight isn't initiated by the crimes on side, I'm skeptical that this would work.

Deleted member 192138

D

StevieG seems to suggest "crimes on" as one requirement. Given the reaction that this tend to engender, even in cases were the fight isn't initiated by the crimes on side, I'm skeptical that this would work.
I don't care, I don't do roleplay 🤷

And this is why I support places like San Tu staying as anarchies. One thing I'm waiting to come out of carriers is for someone to find a decent uninhabited system with some really good rings, preferably with a memorable name rather than the alphabet soup that some procgen systems have, and park up there as a pvp hub that can never be taken away by BGS.

Edit: I suppose you'd have to trust the owners of the carriers not to yeet you off to the coalsack nebula while you're asleep though..

That's what I'm planning to do with mine. I found a system not to far from Carcosa with nice ice rings and plan to have the carrier most times parked there. It will be uses for bgs stuff too, so it might move in the region a little, but I will know more in a few days how that looks. We have a nice system with ringed lava worlds, but unfortunately that's already taken:cry:.

Crimes on, 100cr or billion cr bounty makes no difference, noob or San Tu hero makes no difference either, no intermingling with wanted or outlaw CMDRs/groups. Think Judge Dredd style. The rp could be suspended for organized events.
Or behave in a way that says we are here to enforce the law and we not only abide by it but lead by example. You can't do that in an Anarchy system as there are no common laws. Not shooting clean CMDRs no matter what is a big one. Also no vigilante or vendetta stuff, which seems to be the main theme of the last threats here and elsewhere. That just makes you look petty and undermines the law enforcer role-play. Simple clear rules which whatever happens are being followed and stay within the lawful rp. No more if we label you a "terrorist" all laws and rules go out the window. Especially if everybody who shoots at a Spear ship or says something against Spear is right away labeled a "terrorist". Right now you just look like thugs with badges.

If you just want to pew-pew, leave the role-play and just go pew-pew.

That's what I'm planning to do with mine. I found a system not to far from Carcosa with nice ice rings and plan to have the carrier most times parked there. It will be uses for bgs stuff too, so it might move in the region a little, but I will know more in a few days how that looks. We have a nice system with ringed lava worlds, but unfortunately that's already taken:cry:.

Crimes on, 100cr or billion cr bounty makes no difference, noob or San Tu hero makes no difference either, no intermingling with wanted or outlaw CMDRs/groups. Think Judge Dredd style. The rp could be suspended for organized events.
Or behave in a way that says we are here to enforce the law and we not only abide by it but lead by example. You can't do that in an Anarchy system as there are no common laws. Not shooting clean CMDRs no matter what is a big one. Also no vigilante or vendetta stuff, which seems to be the main theme of the last threats here and elsewhere. That just makes you look petty and undermines the law enforcer role-play. Simple clear rules which whatever happens are being followed and stay within the lawful rp. No more if we label you a "terrorist" all laws and rules go out the window. Especially if everybody who shoots at a Spear ship or says something against Spear is right away labeled a "terrorist". Right now you just look like thugs with badges.

If you just want to pew-pew, leave the role-play and just go pew-pew.
slowclap

Thanks for sharing your view. These are valid constructs but hardly the only ones.

Especially if everybody who shoots at a Spear ship or says something against Spear is right away labeled a "terrorist".

The first part of that sentence is not true, and the second part is an oversimplification.

The first part of that sentence is not true, and the second part is an oversimplification.

It was exactly labeled as such then the at that time to Spear unknown Squadron had an organic go at a Spear member in a Cutter.

Leave the egos at the main menu and have fun doing rp, pew-pew, or whatever somebody fancies. As I said earlier we had lots of fun then Fuego was up here in Colonia. Now he's on my kill list after his comment about the Orca;).

I'm not familiar with the "Spear unknown Squadron had an organic go at a Spear member in a Cutter." incident in question. I could dig into it with some extra details, if you want.

Gonna have to find out what Fuego said about the Orca too :)

If you are in Colonia, I doubt we will ever met but o7 and have fun.

Top Bottom