244.1 KB · Views: 180
  • EliteDangerous64 2020-06-08 19-20-44.jpg
    EliteDangerous64 2020-06-08 19-20-44.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
CMDRDATEDISTANCEOTHER
Dr. Chives12-June-330665279Time: 5h 52m 28s
Good evening!

A few minutes ago my trusty Anaconda jumped into Beagle Point. We started in Sol, Gallileo Station, as is customary for a record attempt. Took us 5h 52m and 28s, which should qualify for an entry in the 48-Hour-Challenge. ;-)

What a journey, and no, I won't do that again (soon). :)

Fly safe out there, commanders!
Dr. Chives

DR9EXle.jpg

XgtXRvp.png

2HQWBKo.png

cayCdx5.png

Link to the album on Imgur with the modules: Source: https://imgur.com/a/3oBsfA7

@iain666 The forum won't let me send you the details, says it is spam... will try again later. Sorry for the inconvenience...

Last edited:
CMDRDATEDISTANCEOTHER
Dr. Chives12-June-330665279Time: 5h 52m 28s
Good evening!

A few minutes ago my trusty Anaconda jumped into Beagle Point. We started in Sol, Gallileo Station, as is customary for a record attempt. Took us 5h 52m and 28s, which should qualify for an entry in the 48-Hour-Challenge. ;-)

What a journey, and no, I won't do that again (soon). :)

Fly safe out there, commanders!
Dr. Chives

DR9EXle.jpg

XgtXRvp.png

2HQWBKo.png

cayCdx5.png

Link to the album on Imgur with the modules: Source: https://imgur.com/a/3oBsfA7

@iain666 The forum won't let me send you the details, says it is spam... will try again later. Sorry for the inconvenience...

Congratulations - I may have to have another go to beat your record 😂

CMDRDATEDISTANCEOTHER
Duuka14-June-330665647Krait Phantom ODYSSEUS DU-ODY
Whew, what a journey that was. Took me 6 days from Sag A* aboard my trusty Krait Phantom ODYSSEUS.

I'll rest for a while at the carrier Hexavellious docked there and most importantly take a frakking shower!
Screenshot_0042.jpg

CMDRDATEDISTANCEOTHER
Duuka14-June-330665647Krait Phantom ODYSSEUS DU-ODY

o7 Cmdr

I'll rest for a while at the carrier Hexavellious docked there and most importantly take a frakking shower!

Carrier. Yes. I am forced to ponder what this club is worth when someone can dock with a carrier in the bubble and not even log in again before they appear, as if by magic, 65k from Sol.

Thoughts people?

o7 Cmdr

Carrier. Yes. I am forced to ponder what this club is worth when someone can dock with a carrier in the bubble and not even log in again before they appear, as if by magic, 65k from Sol.

Thoughts people?

I think you are correct, the club needs to be grandfathered. I mean to say there's kudos to be had from being the first to climb Mount Everest, and even the tenth or twentieth, but when there are traffic jams on the way because so many people are climbing it you don't add them to the roster of brave first wave explorers, they are tourists. Grandfather the entire thing or only add players who fly their personal ships all the way. There's still a shine attached to solo round the world travel, but not if you do it in the QE2.

o7 Cmdr

Thoughts people?

I agree that carriers have changed what this achievement used to mean. Probably a good idea to lock it up and grandfather it to the ones that achieved it BEFORE carriers came into the game.

I'd like to second the idea to grandfather it. It was cool to travel all the way by yourself, an achivement. But as you said, with the carriers it could get easy. Another idea would be to make it a requirement to travel there without a carrier. I just don't know how you can prove that, apart from a complete honor-based system.

On another note, the 48h-Challenge is something you cannot achive with a carrier at the moment, so this part could stay active/open for anyone crazy enough to try it. ;)

Actually that could solve the issue there. Why not ask any player to submit their flight logs to back up their claims?

I was casting no aspersions on your achievement, it was just you mentioning a carrier being at Semotus already that triggered my musings.

However challenging it used to be to get somewhere when you can catch a bus then making note of who got there starts to seem less important.

I certainly lack both the time and the will to check flight logs in the long term. In the short term I think I will accept 65k club entries for another couple of months where non-carrier assist can be demonstrated, just to allow anyone who might be en-route with the intention of joining a chance to make it and then stop.

I'll continue to maintain the 48h challenge for as long as people show interest.

Thoughts people?

We are a moot point. A "remember when this was a hard" meme, soon to be told, "wuteva boomer".

Top Bottom