DSSA-100 ALASTOR

1592313957636.png

CMDR: Ren Solsen
CARRIER: DSSA Solsen's Alastor ( KOY-LKF )
DEPLOYMENT LOCATION: Flyoo Groa SO-Z e0
SERVICES: Repair, Restock, Cartography
DEPLOYMENT MISSION: Stealth Run To Alastor
ROUTE: Arouca > Conflux settlements > Colonia > Alastor

Description

DSSA Solsen’s Alastor is a private research vessel commissioned by the Solsen Institute for the study of biological and organic structures, primarily, the Stolon trees and pods. As a commitment to the scientific community, the carrier also provides DSSA services and a safe harbour to privateers that venture out to the Outer Scutum-Centaurus Arm.

The Stolon trees research park includes two locations (Alastor and Asterius). The carrier can travel the short jump between systems if so needed. Asterius (the brother) has landable bodies, two Stolon locations and Tritium hotspots with a view to Alastor nebula.

Flyoo Groa SO-Z e0 (Alastor)
Flyoo Groa XW-W c4-13 (Asterius)

To get a top crew to operate all carrier operations was vital for the mission, for that, the institute relied on the veteran pilot Dana Peterson. The former pilot of Ren Solsen at The Bridger was responsible for scouting and training the crew headed by Captain Heather Lehner at her premises at the Base Camp (Soul Nebula).

Helm: Captain Heather Lehner
Commodity market and Brewery director: Dr. Felicity Joyner
Universal Cartographics and research: Dr Luis Juarez
Rearm and vehicles: Engineer Sunny Stephens
Fleet and carrier maintenance: Engineer Cruz Kane
Energy systems: Engineer Liz Vance

Apart from the decks reserved to research and carrier services, one of the main promenade areas is in use by THE CAVE, a loose association of Elites, and the main sponsor for the deployment mission. The promenade mess called The Hamster is the one place in the galaxy where one can degust a Stolon Spiced Beer. A local mix of Deriso beer and local Stolon spice.

More information on the Alastor, its neighbouring systems and routes will be available here as we go. If you visit, please leave a note.

Market

SELLS

Stolon Spiced Beer (beer) 🍺 - Unique mix of Deriso beer and local Stolon Spice
Stolon Spice (pod tissue) :alien: - Coming in high or medium grade, Stolon Spice is extracted from detached Stolon Pods
Note that the market commodities are extremely rare and may run out for periods of time until the stock is replenished. Please notify your contact Felicity Joyner in this forum if you notice lack of stock.

BUYS
Tritium

Systems

STOLON TREES

Flyoo Groa SO-Z e0 (Alastor)

Planetary nebula / Neutron Star / Stellar Phenomena x1 (Stolon Trees + Stolon Pods)

Flyoo Groa XW-W c4-13 (Asterius)
Landable bodies / mining rings (Tritium + LTD + other) / Stellar Phenomena x2 (Stolon Trees + Stolon Pods + Ice Crystals)

EARTH LIKE WORLDS

Flyoo Groa KI-Z d1-15 (4 - Terra Alastor)
Flyoo Groa IE-C c2-13 (A1 - Terra Asterius)
Chreeseau SS-U d2-71 (Narya )

NAVIGATION MARKERS

Glaiseae JU-D d13-172 (Alastor Lighthouse)

NS between Colonia and Alastor

OTHER

Flyoo Groa KI-Z d1-18 (XhaleR's Springs)

Triple water worlds by CMDR XhaleR

Last edited:
Great job, how fast you got to position your FC in the sector!
I promise a visit there :)

Less than 10 days since purchase to arrival at the location. It was bugged, every second time I left the carrier I couldn't get back in and needed to catch it on another location. Ended up making a quick run by not leaving at all. Just a couple of stretches when entering a new region. Now will be the time to explore :devilish:

You can find a nice route of deployed DSSA carriers from Colonia to Alastor. See you there!

You can set that rares for sale!?

I'm afraid not, they are just for role-play purposes at the moment. At the carrier they are listed as regular beer and pod tissue. They are rare because the pod tissue is rather time consuming to get and I only have limited amount of beer.

3EvOqI0.jpg

Maxwell's Demon was the first ship to enter Alastor during the Western Expedition right after Distant Worlds 3302. I wanted to check out that corner of the galaxy again last year, so I've been in the Outer Scutum-Centaurus arm and the Void since leaving Beagle Point after Distant Worlds 2. I thought the area would be a pleasant region to explore further during a semi-retirement until Odyssey and (hopefully) Distant Worlds 3. But I still check the forums sometimes and I was very pleasantly surprised to see that the DSSA has deployed a fleet carrier to these old haunting grounds. Nice to see civilisation again! I sold my DW2 data (since leaving Explorer's Anchorage right after it was built) so that should hopefully boost the carrier's finances a bit. I'll see you in the ship's galley, CMDRs! Also, I'll be in the area for the forseeable future, so let's get a drink.

Last edited:
I have been seeing so much of your name around these beautiful systems :) Consider this your home. I will keep listing POIs on the OP post of this thread, so if you want to lift something up just let me know. What an honour to have you aboard! o7

Welcome CMDR! If you are interested on the Stolon trees please check both systems on the main post. It offers some variety and great views ;)

Currently exploring my (long) way home from Semotus Beacon after finishing the Perseus Reach expedition and docked with the "Solsen's Alastor" tonight after a long day in the cockpit. This is my first DSSA carrier landing and it is so great to find a safe haven like this almost at the edge of the galaxy. As an explorer, the DSSA project is so much appreciated and a service that will be much used on my future expeditions across the galaxy!

Refreshed the Limo-Nade with a new deep blue paintjob for the occasion and did some minor repairs and maintenance. Sold around a billion worth of cartographic data, happily contributing with a 25% tax to the carrier. I will be staying here for a few days just to relax and "recharge my batteries" before continuing my journey.

POI TIP: Discovered a triple Water world system on my last jump, just 46LY's away from here.

o7

DSSA Solsen's Alastor.jpg

Last edited:
Currently exploring my (long) way home from Semotus Beacon after finishing the Perseus Reach expedition and docked with the "Solsen's Alastor" tonight after a long day in the cockpit. This is my first DSSA carrier landing and it is so great to find a safe haven like this almost at the edge of the galaxy. As an explorer, the DSSA project is deeply appreciated and something that will be very much used in my future expeditions across the galaxy!

Repainted the Limo-Nade in a deep blue color for the occasion and sold around a billion worth of cartographic data, happily contributing with a 25% tax to the carrier. I'm staying with the carrier for a few days just to relax and "recharge my batteries" before continuing my journey.

TIP: Discovered a triple Water world system on my last jump, just 46LY's away from here.

o7

View attachment 180842
Welcome aboard CMDR, and thank you for your contribution! If you wish to name that triple water world I can add it as a system of interest in the OP post. Its our little mapping project for the region :)

It is on the OP as "XhaleR's Springs" as a placeholder, I can change it to whatever you want.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard CMDR, and thank you for your contribution! If you wish to name that triple water world I can add it as a system of interest in the OP post. Its our little mapping project for the region :)

It is on the OP as "XhaleR's Springs" as a placeholder, I can change it to whatever you want.

Thank you, Cmdr! What an awesome location you've found for your carrier. Really colorful!
That would be great. "XhaleR's Springs" is a nice name, so I don't mind keeping it. :)

Last edited:
I've been checking out those Stolon trees a lot. Very interesting find! I didn't notice them back when I first visited the area. I'm now trying to find more in the vicinity.

4Xn57kI.jpg

opvcO8O.jpg

NdEHY5X.jpg

I went out about one hundred light-years to see if I could find more trees besides the two locations already found. So far, I've had no luck, but I was flying about D mass code systems last week and noticed a lot of water worlds in a particular subsector. So I scanned the whole thing (about 100 systems, not too big) and found two earth-like worlds. The first isn't really noteworthy but the second one I found, Chreeseau SS-U d2-71, is a green system and contains a ringed Earth-like world. It's 174 light-years from Alastor. The ring has a nice maroon colour due to being in a binary orbit with a nearby Y-class brown dwarf. Narya might be a nice name for it. The moons of that brown dwarf have some nice views, too.

unoBiAD.jpg

JSuIRc4.jpg

I've been checking out those Stolon trees a lot. Very interesting find! I didn't notice them back when I first visited the area. I'm now trying to find more in the vicinity.

4Xn57kI.jpg

opvcO8O.jpg

NdEHY5X.jpg

I went out about one hundred light-years to see if I could find more trees besides the two locations already found. So far, I've had no luck, but I was flying about D mass code systems last week and noticed a lot of water worlds in a particular subsector. So I scanned the whole thing (about 100 systems, not too big) and found two earth-like worlds. The first isn't really noteworthy but the second one I found, Chreeseau SS-U d2-71, is a green system and contains a ringed Earth-like world. It's 174 light-years from Alastor. The ring has a nice maroon colour due to being in a binary orbit with a nearby Y-class brown dwarf. Narya might be a nice name for it. The moons of that brown dwarf have some nice views, too.

unoBiAD.jpg

JSuIRc4.jpg
There is a surprising amount of waters and ELW around Alastor. I couldn't figure out what is the reason for that concentration. My search for new Stolons is also a dead end so far. I could imagine it would be on Alastor because of the nebula, but being on Asterius as well is interesting. If we can find another system with lagrange clouds we will probably find them.

Just visited your Carrier on my way around the galaxy. Really nice System here. And the Stolon trees are awesome!
I will do a quick sightseeing tour before leaving!

On my way to visit you this weekend, hope you guys have some fresh brewed beer there... ;)

I hope you arrive safely CMDR. There are some Stolon Spiced Beer left at the mess (I hope). There were quite a few CMDRs visiting this week, you might even find some around Alastor. Hopefully, they left some for you.

I hope you enjoy and take some great photos around Alastor and Asterius (see OP) o7

Top Bottom