Release Trade Computer Extension Mk.II

Eventure is this 'tce.4lima.de' something to do with TCE?
Tried to start TCE this morning but Malwarebytes blocks it unless I let Malwarebytes give it a web exclusion.
TCE and Malwarebytes had no problems working together yesterday.
I am using the latest version of TCE.

Eventure is this 'tce.4lima.de' something to do with TCE?
Tried to start TCE this morning but Malwarebytes blocks it unless I let Malwarebytes give it a web exclusion.
TCE and Malwarebytes had no problems working together yesterday.
I am using the latest version of TCE.
Yes, it's my new file hoster for TCE. It's required for update checks, receiving update files through the launcher and it's the home of the EDDB Relay files.

Can you tell me, what panel it was? Each panel has a name at the top-center position.
Generally spoken, all panels should not display, if the UI was hidden. If you could tell me, which it was, i could start finding the bug.
Thanks in advance!
In new territory and I have some more info on this.

The panel that appeared and brought TCE out of the keybind hide is likely SCAN PROTOCOL. It's got the picture of the star I was at. When I noticed it, I was in the next system. There was also also another panel up, in a weird empty-with-just-a-frame-way, CAMERA CONTROL; its label in blue just below its name said the star system name. It appears to be linked with scanning of the bodies via the FSS.

As well, as I was zorching across a high-metal content planet, status updates would also flash when TCE was supposed to be hidden. This wasn't as disruptive.

In new territory and I have some more info on this.

The panel that appeared and brought TCE out of the keybind hide is likely SCAN PROTOCOL. It's got the picture of the star I was at. When I noticed it, I was in the next system. There was also also another panel up, in a weird empty-with-just-a-frame-way, CAMERA CONTROL; its label in blue just below its name said the star system name. It appears to be linked with scanning of the bodies via the FSS.

As well, as I was zorching across a high-metal content planet, status updates would also flash when TCE was supposed to be hidden. This wasn't as disruptive.
The Scan Protocol and Camera panel can be deactivated, so they didn't come into view until opened manually. The event reporter is excluded from hiding, but you can deactive it also at the Options panel.

The Commander view of my Personal window doesn't appear to be updating. It says I'm Surveyor Rank Trailblazer with 99% progress. But in game, it says I'm just into the next rank, Trailblazer. Later I noticed TCE had me as Trailblazer rank, but the progress still says 99%, while in game it's 4%.

The Commander view of my Personal window doesn't appear to be updating. It says I'm Surveyor Rank Trailblazer with 99% progress. But in game, it says I'm just into the next rank, Trailblazer. Later I noticed TCE had me as Trailblazer rank, but the progress still says 99%, while in game it's 4%.
The reason is, that your ranks and progress are written into the journal only on startup of the game, while your rank is updated by EDMC on the fly, but not your progress value. As soon as you restarting ED, all values are rewritten and your rank and progress are in line with ED.

So it is not an issue of TCE but an issue of the log from ED, which is not up-to-date with your progress in game. Therefore I can't do anything about it.

The reason is, that your ranks and progress are written into the journal only on startup of the game, while your rank is updated by EDMC on the fly, but not your progress value. As soon as you restarting ED, all values are rewritten and your rank and progress are in line with ED.

So it is not an issue of TCE but an issue of the log from ED, which is not up-to-date with your progress in game. Therefore I can't do anything about it.
Thanks for that.

Also wondering if the journal has information on Materials inventory. If it does, I have a suggestion.

One thing I'd like to have is to view Materials inventory in a similar way to the Materials Trader interface, but when not at a Materials Trader. It makes it easier to see what Materials are low or missing and how they compare to others in their groupings.

Thanks for that.

Also wondering if the journal has information on Materials inventory. If it does, I have a suggestion.

One thing I'd like to have is to view Materials inventory in a similar way to the Materials Trader interface, but when not at a Materials Trader. It makes it easier to see what Materials are low or missing and how they compare to others in their groupings.
Not to take anything away from TCE and Eventure, there is another program that can do that see EDEngineer. It does not give you the relative trade values but is good in other ways.

Not to take anything away from TCE and Eventure, there is another program that can do that see EDEngineer. It does not give you the relative trade values but is good in other ways.
Thanks for that. EDEngineer allows me to see my Materials inventory by catagory and rarity, which is what I wanted. Elite is a great game, but without 3rd party tools, like TCE, and especially websites, it would be lacking.

I was wondering if TCE can show information on the current route set up in ED, like number of jumps, etc? I looked through it and the wiki but couldn't find that.

If TCE doesn't have that, is there another tool that can provide that information? Because ED is rather poor at informing me with this.

I was wondering if TCE can show information on the current route set up in ED, like number of jumps, etc? I looked through it and the wiki but couldn't find that.

If TCE doesn't have that, is there another tool that can provide that information? Because ED is rather poor at informing me with this.
Sadly the selected route in ED isn't available at the journal and we all devs would be happy, if that changes.
TCE has it's own route plotter instead and you can find the calculated route at the Waypoint panel, if you have activated it at the Options panel.
Select a destination system with the button
Set_Destination.JPG
shown at the Star System Summary of the Navigation panel and the fastest (not the economical) route is calculated. The plotter can only include star systems into the calculation, which are currently known to TCE (available at the star system database).

For EDMC 3.99.2.0, which is a pre-release beta, unfortunately TCE is not working. I get a status error in TCE for EDMC. Don't know if this is a local error on my machine or true for all users of this version of EDMC. I should add that, same as previous post, 3.7 seemed to work.

For EDMC 3.99.2.0, which is a pre-release beta, unfortunately TCE is not working. I get a status error in TCE for EDMC. Don't know if this is a local error on my machine or true for all users of this version of EDMC. I should add that, same as previous post, 3.7 seemed to work.
I started with using EDMC 3.50 and later updated to EDMC 3.51, both earlier pre-release beta. When I upgraded from 3.50 to 3.51,I had the same issue. I just updated to 3.99.2.0 and got it again. How I resolved this in the past: even though EDMC was still communicating with Frontier, I went to the Frontier authorization site, logged in, and removed the key for EDMC. EDMC requested it again and after that I got TCE to communicate again.

However, right now, I try to pull up the authorized keys after logging in and get an error.

I switched back to EDMC 3.51. Now at least both EDMC and TCE pre-launch report the same thing: server is down. Launch TCE. Get it to "CONNECT" and it appears to do so.

I have installed the latest version of EDMC as suggested on a reddit post that Obsidian Ant mentioned. I took the advice and installed for trial purposes. On launching TCE it says in Extensions/Staus "I/O or OS-error" I have not tried loading the game as yet. But thought I would report this here.

I started with using EDMC 3.50 and later updated to EDMC 3.51, both earlier pre-release beta. When I upgraded from 3.50 to 3.51,I had the same issue. I just updated to 3.99.2.0 and got it again. How I resolved this in the past: even though EDMC was still communicating with Frontier, I went to the Frontier authorization site, logged in, and removed the key for EDMC. EDMC requested it again and after that I got TCE to communicate again.

However, right now, I try to pull up the authorized keys after logging in and get an error.
This is still showing as failing. I went to the Frontier website and attempted to report this issue. But it said I can't submit a bug report. , Frontier! :mad:

This is still showing as failing. I went to the Frontier website and attempted to report this issue. But it said I can't submit a bug report. what are you doing, Frontier! :mad:

This is a 3rd party app. It has nothing to do with Frontier.

Top Bottom