What other games are we all playing?

Well the new update to SE has brought some bugs with it (I'm sure they will be fixed soon), and right now I'm not actually in the mood to weld and grind and mine and whatnot, so maybe I'll give this EGS a try, even if it's just walking around and exploring NMS style. Hopefully I can train my brain to ignore these Quake-era graphics..

Darkfyre99 are you talking about intra-system travel (where you're limited to using small to medium ships to travel) v. inter galactic system travel (where you can either teleport or only use Capital ships) which is a requirement that has been added with the new EGS update? i.e. based on what you just posted, is this assessment for the new proc gen universe?
I'm actually talking about orbital travel. My current game hasn't reached the interplanetary travel stage yet, I've kind of gotten distracted with building, and then rebuilding, a hanger for my base, but I'm pretty sure that it still involves an instantaneous jump between planets, as opposed to traveling through space like SE does.

I'm not sure I can recommend it, life suffers as a result, wish I had bought it at the start of lockdown though 😂

Seriously though, there is something about it that is very (ought to be illegal) addictive.
It's on sale (as is everything) on Steam. I looked at the trailer, and I like these kind of games, but what is the point? I mean, you're manufacturing things, but why? Do people come in ships and trade with you or buy your goods, or does all this just end up in a warehouse or something?

I'm back in ETS2 with a new profile and Promods installed, finally a decent UK to drive around! set the economy to 0.1 so I'm only getting 1.5 - 2 quid per mile.....gonna take a while before I get my own truck...but different to my main profile with over 1.5 billion!

My friends have discovered a sale on Steam, and we are buying things like Terraforming Mars, etc.

Must learn how to play Tabletop Simulator properly. :(

So much for fleet carriers.

Well the new update to SE has brought some bugs with it (I'm sure they will be fixed soon), and right now I'm not actually in the mood to weld and grind and mine and whatnot, so maybe I'll give this EGS a try, even if it's just walking around and exploring NMS style. Hopefully I can train my brain to ignore these Quake-era graphics..
Forgot to mention it now has a main storyline which was was enhanced in the recent update. Similar to NMS and ED, the main story quest will take you to visit new, exotic places in the new proc gen universe. And interact with aliens (both hostile and peaceful) as well.

mind you the game I'm trying (and failing at) to play at the moment is to stay cool in the fricken heat......bleh. Keep getting manky headaches as well, not fun.

It's on sale (as is everything) on Steam. I looked at the trailer, and I like these kind of games, but what is the point? I mean, you're manufacturing things, but why? Do people come in ships and trade with you or buy your goods, or does all this just end up in a warehouse or something?

At the moment you have to supply a number of particular products to unlock new tech and products, leading you to be able to construct more complex products which again need to be supplied to unlock the next tier of products and equipment, the level of complexity gradually increasing. The end game has not been finalised into early access currently but it hasn't stopped me putting over a 100 hours into it over the last three weeks :eek:

Totally digging the great update release to Subnautica Below Zero. Got the Subnautica & Below Zero bundle on massive sale discount on Steam for only $25 with the $5 discount :love: Really love the attention to details (like the new salad recipes which the fan base requested and growing more veggies) that the devs put into this update. Game still in Early Release but running as smooth as butter.

At the moment you have to supply a number of particular products to unlock new tech and products, leading you to be able to construct more complex products which again need to be supplied to unlock the next tier of products and equipment, the level of complexity gradually increasing. The end game has not been finalised into early access currently but it hasn't stopped me putting over a 100 hours into it over the last three weeks :eek:
Do you have a boss or something who needs this stuff? I mean, it must go somewhere..

Forgot to mention it now has a main storyline which was was enhanced in the recent update. Similar to NMS and ED, the main story quest will take you to visit new, exotic places in the new proc gen universe. And interact with aliens (both hostile and peaceful) as well.
Stop tempting me to start a new SE game! The small vehicle doors were temptation enough! I'm trying to rendezvous with the DSSA Eleanor here!!! :D

Totally digging the great update release to Subnautica Below Zero. Got the Subnautica & Below Zero bundle on massive sale discount on Steam for only $25 with the $5 discount :love: Really love the attention to details (like the new salad recipes which the fan base requested and growing more veggies) that the devs put into this update. Game still in Early Release but running as smooth as butter.
Is it VR

* Gets paid for the first time since February. Does happy dance because not broke any more.

* Receives email saying "25 of your Steam wishlist games are on sale!"

* Cries

You're a pioneer working on a project for a company called Ficsit, the parts you make are for the project but that's about all anybody knows currently.

I think that's what currently stops me really getting into it... the somewhat mysterious 'lore'. I would like to know what it's all for. You don't make money, there's not really much point to doing any of it, it's just all about creating a beautiful production line which needs as little intervention as possible & that is its own reward.

Really hope the devs actually figure out what they're doing with that, and let the players know. 🤷‍♀️

Top Bottom