Ships Vulture PVE Recommendations?

I'd like to build a vulture to learn fixed weapons and to jump into CZs. Also, I'd like to try something flashy like using PAs. Is this doable? I'd hate to spend all those mats and find out it doesn't work. Would anyone please share their awesome PVE vulture builds?

I don't have any PP unlocked but almost all engineering

This is mine

Arclight

Good shields and resistances, makes a great ramming ship :)

Any weapons can work I reckon. I went beams because it's a Vulture and I'll never really be happy with the weapons lol.

Well I just tried a dual stock PA build with an engineered overcharged powerplant and stock 5C biweave against a dangerous NPC in a viper. It was tough. Fight lasted at least 15 mins and I hardly landed any shots. When I did land a shot, it hurt him good but I just had a difficult time in general. My shields never went down which is nice because they weren't even engineered. My problem was just landing shots. Fixed weapons are tough. I eventually ran out of ammo and just got out of the battle. Sheesh. I don't really want to go gimballed. I'd like to get better with fixed. I didn't spend any mats yet fortunately.

I play on Xbox, elite controller and fixed weapons are hard! Not sure what I'm gonna do with this vulture. Anyone have any tips with using fixed weapons on an Xbox, non-HOTAS?

Well I just tried a dual stock PA build with an engineered overcharged powerplant and stock 5C biweave against a dangerous NPC in a viper. It was tough. Fight lasted at least 15 mins and I hardly landed any shots. When I did land a shot, it hurt him good but I just had a difficult time in general. My shields never went down which is nice because they weren't even engineered. My problem was just landing shots. Fixed weapons are tough. I eventually ran out of ammo and just got out of the battle. Sheesh. I don't really want to go gimballed. I'd like to get better with fixed. I didn't spend any mats yet fortunately.

I play on Xbox, elite controller and fixed weapons are hard! Not sure what I'm gonna do with this vulture. Anyone have any tips with using fixed weapons on an Xbox, non-HOTAS?
PAs are quite hard to use as the unmodded projectile velocity is really quite slow. I can't remember which engineering mod it is that speeds them up by about 60% but I reckon that's essential. I have two large PAs this way on my Chieftain with the rest as railguns. It was hard at first but I'm much better now and it dishes out huge damage. Railgun projectile velocity is so high you can treat it almost like a laser, you just have to get a feel for the "charge up" time

If you're a beginner with fixed weapons on a Vulture try a dual fixed beam or fixed beam and fixed MC - however I always preferred fixed beam and gimballed MC on my Vulture before I sold it. The vulture's weakness was that it's quite slow, however I've not had one since engineering was a thing.

Last edited:
It really seems like gimballed is the way to go on a Vulture. It's too twitchy? I didn't engineer it and it was twitchy! I can't even imagine how it would react with G5 Dirties and Drag Drives

What do you think about this. Not sure what to use for HRP, E rated or D rated? I see the E rated is heavier, but provides some more hull. Is it even worth it? I'd love to take this thing into a High CZ. Could this ship even do it? Are the shields way overkill?

Just keep going with the fixed weapons, go to a res site and keep practicing. It will take some time but you will get better, there are really good PvP players who use controllers. Git gud is the only way. Use efficient for the PAs, the speed will not increase but the damage will and you have less heat and distro draw.

This is mine, it's more build for cheap fun PvP fights than PvE. https://is.gd/mSS9yz

What do you think about this. Not sure what to use for HRP, E rated or D rated? I see the E rated is heavier, but provides some more hull. Is it even worth it? I'd love to take this thing into a High CZ. Could this ship even do it? Are the shields way overkill?

Use only D-rated for HRP/MRP - they're lighter and better in any aspect.
Shields are never excessive... since frags have so little ammo, i use mine to ram-finish the kills :)

"Little Walter":

This build was designed to make combat "easy". The two large frags are engineered with rapid fire screening shell, meaning they reload in 0.9 sec. It's a brawler. Use the speed and agility of the Vulture to do classic dogfight flying with FA on, and once you're close enough repeatedly press the trigger quickly, bam-bam-bam. It's got plenty of shield to stop the opponent by ramming, and then the frags are really deadly. It takes down an elite PvE Conda very quickly, but it uses ammo equally fast. Not that much of a problem with FCs all over the place now. I use this build to do wing assassination missions on my own, and it's the most fun you can have in the game.

"A few months after returning from his second European tour, Little Walter was involved in a fight while taking a break from a performance at a nightclub on the South Side of Chicago. He apparently sustained only minor injuries in this altercation, but they aggravated the damage he had suffered in previous violent encounters, and he died in his sleep at the apartment of a girlfriend, at 209 East 54th Street in Chicago early the following morning."

Also, I'd like to try something flashy like using PAs. Is this doable?

Yes, but keep in mind that PAs will generally be ammo constrained.

PAs are quite hard to use as the unmodded projectile velocity is really quite slow. I can't remember which engineering mod it is that speeds them up by about 60% but I reckon that's essential.

Both the focused and LR mod can give PAs a 100% velocity increase, which does make long range accuracy considerably better. However, the vulture can easily dictate engagement distance with NPCs, so something like efficient or SRB are typically more useful.

It really seems like gimballed is the way to go on a Vulture. It's too twitchy? I didn't engineer it and it was twitchy! I can't even imagine how it would react with G5 Dirties and Drag Drives

The vulture is one of the best platforms for fixed weapons because it's so agile.

"Little Walter":

This build was designed to make combat "easy". The two large frags are engineered with rapid fire screening shell, meaning they reload in 0.9 sec. It's a brawler. Use the speed and agility of the Vulture to do classic dogfight flying with FA on, and once you're close enough repeatedly press the trigger quickly, bam-bam-bam. It's got plenty of shield to stop the opponent by ramming, and then the frags are really deadly. It takes down an elite PvE Conda very quickly, but it uses ammo equally fast. Not that much of a problem with FCs all over the place now. I use this build to do wing assassination missions on my own, and it's the most fun you can have in the game.

"A few months after returning from his second European tour, Little Walter was involved in a fight while taking a break from a performance at a nightclub on the South Side of Chicago. He apparently sustained only minor injuries in this altercation, but they aggravated the damage he had suffered in previous violent encounters, and he died in his sleep at the apartment of a girlfriend, at 209 East 54th Street in Chicago early the following morning."

I’ve been meaning to ask you for this build for ages, you’ve done that and to my absolute delight it is called Little Walter, whose track, ‘My Babe’ is one of my most favourite blues recordings. Thank you, thank you and thank you.

"Little Walter":
I'm sorry, it's becoming less and less clear to me in your assembly, but I don't understand why he needs to PDT ?
Maybe it's better to chaff as maneuvers, or at least a booster on resistance 0E ?

I'm surprised at the shield of this ship. Sorry for using your ship's name to modify the assembly.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, it's becoming less and less clear to me in your assembly, but I don't understand why he needs to PDT ?
Maybe it's better to chaff as maneuvers, or at least a booster on resistance 0E ?
The Point Defence is just some habit i developed after being rear ended by some explosive thingy using Little Walter for PvP. For PvE, it's probably not necessary.

One of the good thing about the Vulture (there are many) is that it's very tolerant to adding extra mass. I always use Coriolis when building ships, especially the "Profiles" tab at the bottom of the page, and I also look at the Minimum Mass of the Thrusters. On some smaller ships, just adding an extra SB will considerably reduce the max speed and agility (also visible in profiles). Little Walter doesn't care about a few extra thingies once he gets angry ;)

The Point Defence is just some habit i developed after being rear ended by some explosive thingy using Little Walter for PvP. For PvE, it's probably not necessary.

One of the good thing about the Vulture (there are many) is that it's very tolerant to adding extra mass. I always use Coriolis when building ships, especially the "Profiles" tab at the bottom of the page, and I also look at the Minimum Mass of the Thrusters. On some smaller ships, just adding an extra SB will considerably reduce the max speed and agility (also visible in profiles). Little Walter doesn't care about a few extra thingies once he gets angry ;)
Ok.
I guess it was: https://elite-dangerous.fandom.com/wiki/Remote_Release_Flechette_Launcher
I don't think PDT gonna do it. These hookers usually use it to knock out the POWER, but the Vulture has a very weak spot :(

C'mon guys, not one of you posted a fixed build.

@CptArcher I would suggest starting with fixed multicannons to practice aiming at the target lead indicator and then switching to PA's. PA's are actually much easier to use with FA off , which allows you to turn on your target much easier.

This is what I'd suggest using for the time being until you feel ready to switch to PA's.

And then try this when you want to start using PA's

Top Bottom