Patch Notes Fleet Carriers Update Patch 2 - Downtime and Patch Notes

Hi Skatez,

We're glad to hear you like the changes. We do our best to inform you guys of the upcoming changes as soon as possible. This time around, the final list of fixes and changes were confirmed fairly late. We didn't consider this a major issue given that the majority are bug fixes and adjustments, rather than large content changes. Apologies for the inconvenience.
I appreciate that things can be locked down late Bruce, however the first we heard about a patch at all was a throw away comment last Thursday on the live stream to say "a patch is coming next week". Would it really have hurt you guys to put a post on the forum when you knew this was going to happen to say the same thing?

It does look like a good patch though, so thanks for that!

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Huh, all the posts in the FC livery threads were discussing how specific classes always had certain logos, like if you applied Nautilus you got an Imperial logo regardless, and several players had stated their choice of class was driven by that factor. Guessing this actually worked differently to how folks initially observed when carrier liveries were introduced?

Really? My mistake then. I'm sure I've seen the logo being changed on my Nautilius... I'll need to double check!

Hi Skatez,

We're glad to hear you like the changes. We do our best to inform you guys of the upcoming changes as soon as possible. This time around, the final list of fixes and changes were confirmed fairly late. We didn't consider this a major issue given that the majority are bug fixes and adjustments, rather than large content changes. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Just to be clear. You did not think that zero communications on your community forums for two weeks a major issue?

Can I get a job at Frontier? Sounds like a free ride to me.

Greetings Commanders,

Today's patch brings a number of changes, primarily focusing on stability and Fleet Carrier fixes. These are due to go live at 10:00 UTC with 15 minutes of downtime expected.

Fleet Carriers
  • Setting a price for a commodity in the market management screen is now much faster.
  • Players can now use "-" when entering ship IDs.
  • Fixed an issue that placed Fleet Carriers in the barycentre when jumping to a binary system, even if space was present around the primary star.
  • Fixed an issue which could cause Fleet Carrier landing pads to be displaced.
  • Removed superpower faction logos from Fleet Carriers.
  • Fixed a bug which prevented SRVs from being restocked at Fleet Carriers.
  • Fixed the timing so that when transferring a ship to a carrier the "Incoming Message" audio now plays at the same time as the message arrives rather than immediately upon requesting the transfer.
  • Fixed a problem with stolen mission cargo getting stuck after being sold to a Fleet Carrier.
  • Fixed an issue positioning Fleet Carriers near stellar bodies with highly eccentric orbits.
  • Fixed some issues with bookmarking Fleet Carriers.
  • Fixed an issue with Limpets sometimes not being restockable at a Fleet Carrier.
  • Fixed an issue with Fleet Carrier shipyards incorrectly interacting with Powerplay control system effects.
  • Fixed an issue causing ship inventory numbers to be displayed incorrectly after selling items to a Fleet Carrier.
Background Simulation
  • Adjusted the way Retreat and Expansion conflicts are resolved: The Retreat state will now be overridden if another faction attempts to expand into the retreating faction's star system by challenging them. The resulting conflict will still evict either the expanding or the previously retreating faction as normal
Mining
  • Surface and sub-surface deposits on asteroids will no longer immediately respawn when re-entering the instance or switching to a ship launched fighter.
Galaxy Map
  • Fixed an issue which stopped Squadron Bookmarks appearing.
Installations
  • Fixed an issue with combat bonds not being correctly awarded for scenario objectives when over four players contributed.
Commodities
  • Galactic average prices were updated.
Stability Changes
  • Fixed an Orange Sidewinder connection issue when dropping into an instance with a Starport and Carrier Vendor.
  • Fixed a crash when entering the Commodity Market on a Fleet Carrier.
  • Fixed a crash when entering Holo-Me customisation at a Fleet Carrier.
  • Fixed a crash when purchasing a Fleet Carrier and immediately viewing it in the galaxy map.
ARX
  • Fixed a bug which meant that selected Fleet Carrier paint jobs would be removed when entering an instance.
Thanks for all of your feedback. Let us know how you find the changes and if any further issues arise!

o7

When will the servers be back up again???

I appreciate that things can be locked down late Bruce, however the first we heard about a patch at all was a throw away comment last Thursday on the live stream to say "a patch is coming next week". Would it really have hurt you guys to put a post on the forum when you knew this was going to happen to say the same thing?

OMG, why are you still complaining about something so trivial...these guys ARE WORKING FROM HOME, a small team, cut them a break if they were too busy fixing all the things we were whinning about to actually let you know AHEAD OF TIME!!! that they fixed everything for you...we should be sending them pizza or something

So will Tritium be available in Colonia for 4k/ton like it is in the bubble, with the market alterations?
I doubt anything updated today will affect whether or not Tritium is available in Colonia at 4k/tonne.

The reason it's generally not is that:
- Tritium is only available from orbital refineries
- There are only 7 of those in the region, and two of them are under the same BGS control so there's really only 6.
- A price of 4k/tonne requires an unusual and short-lived BGS state. (Drought, Blight or Terrorism)
- The general activity patterns in the region tend not to cause those states, especialy not at the refinery stations.

I would expect based on previous patterns that the discount prices would be available for a few days every couple of months, on average.

Bruce G

Senior Community Manager

We could have done, but it wouldn't have contained any information on what was changing.

Really? My mistake then. I'm sure I've seen the logo being changed on my Nautilius... I'll need to double check!
It's entirely possible the initial observations were incorrect about how it was acquired, but in that case it's probably something Frontier should have made clear to players sooner since some purchase decisions were driven by that. I remember at least one person ruling out certain liveries they'd otherwise like, based on this apparent connection.
As I said, one thing definitely needed going forward for carriers is allegiance decals, since many players were quite proudly displaying theirs.

Reminds me of the time that a NMS patch turned all my Korvax crew into Gek. I am still furious over that.

Hello Bruce, thanks for the update and there was an error i reported but i guess its not fixed :(

before jumping on to the supercruise yet, selected as the FC target and jump and you will see that a different FC is selected when the supercruise arrives.

will this be fix next time?

o7
It's been reported many, many times. Might not be an easy fix.

It's the galactic average rather than individual station prices that's being updated. The prices themselves won't change, rather the mean is being re-calculated to better represent the current state.
Would that involve a massive price crash as over-supply from the exploited mining of LTD's would surely indicate that the entire galactic population have 'diamonds on the soles of their shoes', making them worthless?

It's the galactic average rather than individual station prices that's being updated. The prices themselves won't change, rather the mean is being re-calculated to better represent the current state.
All I know is, I'd be happy to ship biowaste to agricultural worlds if it means we can settle one or two more Earth-Like planets in the future (even if that takes 1-2 REAL years). OR metals to Aegis if it means better Anti-Xeno guns.

Top Bottom