Community Event / Creation The Buckyball Racing Club presents: Engineer’s Canyon Mayhem (20 June)

Unfortunately, I was not able to actually race this one. I kind of hit an obstacle.
uFVCxgU.png

I completely forgot this was a thing.

I guess I should not have reset this account right before a race. 😅

I join Alec in thanking @Terrorsidic for this one, it might have looked a bit daunting at first for having to memorize five different tracks, but once on the ground it was an absolute blast. Curious to see where my last attempt put me on the board!

While we await the final results from last week's Engineers Canyon Mayhem Buckyball Race here's a quick 5 minute video of all my iCourier base lap footage.

Are you ready? and ...

D*mn - now he tells me. No wonder I always took so long at The Dweller's site. There's another of those defense turrets out to the bottom right of that image, which I mistook for the turn marker:
wyrd.jpg
And I even was thinking (on my last run) that that's a rather challenging climb for an SRV....

Terrorsidic, you may not want to read this...
But.... I don't know how to tell you this, Alec, but... I think... that Eurybia run... may not have been quite according to the regulations.
I know it's tough to hit that third gate after the sharp left turn, but that's probably kind of the point. And, looking at the map, you're supposed to go under the drill, not around.
Eurybia.jpg

Terrorsidic, you may not want to read this...
But.... I don't know how to tell you this, Alec, but... I think... that Eurybia run... may not have been quite according to the regulations.
I know it's tough to hit that third gate after the sharp left turn, but that's probably kind of the point. And, looking at the map, you're supposed to go under the drill, not around.

B
A
L
L
S!

😭

Last edited:
Oh, now I get it: the Universe sensed something was off balance with me getting to first place instead of the expected second, and tried to restore the natural order of things, bending some of its own rules as a last resort. Poor Alec has just been an unaware victim, a mere toy in the hands of all-encompassing forces way beyond his control.

Go Adder go, the little ship that could. And did! 🙌

I'll see to find some time torrow and put together my laps in a neat little package, everyone needs to hear the Adder trying its best. I could bet at some point it was trying to tell me something, with that silly meowing of him.

My congratulations to everyone, especially to all those absolute madlads doing the SRV laps. It's been a great joyride, thanks again @Terrorsidic !

Last edited:
Oh my god ... I don't know what to say.

You know the rules and so do I.

What can I do by way of recompense?

A full commitment's what I'm thinking of.

So - this morning - I returned to Eurybia and performed ten complete laps of Demolition Unlimited,
without cutting any corners,
typing "I must not cut corners" into local chat at the start of every lap,
while listening to Rick Astley.

Average lap time: 28.6 seconds which gives a 3 lap time of 1:25.8 for a total run time of 36:55.

😁

So - this morning - I returned to Eurybia and performed ten complete laps of Demolition Unlimited,

Average lap time: 28.6 seconds which gives a 3 lap time of 1:25.8 for a total run time of 36:55.

😁

THAT WAS FANTASTIC, I couldn't stop laughing so much the wife had to come check on me :LOL:

😁
😂 👏👏👏

I was looking at the results most carefully and noticed a rather astonishing thing..not only was I fairly quick around all bases, I was in fact the fastest virtually on all. This means that I am truly sucking in the supercruise area. Practice required I guess.

I was looking at the results most carefully and noticed a rather astonishing thing..not only was I fairly quick around all bases, I was in fact the fastest virtually on all. This means that I am truly sucking in the supercruise area. Practice required I guess.
Yup - I noticed that too. You were over 30 seconds faster at at least 3 of the bases - nice flying sir!

I'm just checking how many jumps I had in my iCourier now.

Eurybia to Deciat: 3
Deciat to Wolf 397: 3
Wolf 397 to Wyrd: 2
Wyrd to Khun: 4

Top Bottom