Newcomer / Intro My explorer experiences...

Went to HIP 14840 today to see the wreckage at planet 2. Nearly crashed myself as the planet is high G.
Couldn't find anything there but the marker. Disappointed.
Or did I do something wrong?

Off to HIP 12099 now. But first stop at Tujila to get the AspX repaired.

Last edited:
DSS probes of the planet should have revealed the presence of the crashed ship - failing that you could have tried flying to the co-ordinates given in various places, e.g:

and large list of shipwrecks:

Not exhaustive list though - Bug Killer doesn't seem to be listed there.

Last edited:
Oh, I scanned the planet and found the area, just not the wreck.

Went to Jameson crash site and scanned the comms controls there.

Now on my way to Pegasi Sector IR-W d1-90

This time I couldn't even find the Pegasi crash site from orbit, so I didn't bother to land.
I went on to Alshat, mapped the planet, found and visited Clark's rest.
When plotting the route, I like to avoid non inhabited systems and look for inhabited systems in the neighborhood instead. I only map earth like and water worlds.
Got my Sol permit the other day so went there. Turned in the damaged pod from Alshat and got nearly 6.5 million for exploring the systems en route. Are there any places I should visit in sol?

Any tips will be appreciated!

Last edited:
Hmm... Unable to jump out there to confirm myself, but a number of sites went "missing" as a result of the Great FC Dumpsterfire of 2020, so it's possible that they didn't get it quite fixed yet. I know that after the patch that allegedly fixed it, I went to one planet that should have had a crashed Sidewinder, but there was absolutely nothing there. No signal, no site, no Sidey. And yes, I did bomb it with probes and I got the site location from Canonn, so I know it was legit.

I should have filed a bug report, I suppose, but now I don't remember where it was at.

Wouldn't have mattered anyway, since I can't tie it in with FCs, so it would automatically have been dropped to the "fix in 2024, if at all" list.

DSS probes of the planet should have revealed the presence of the crashed ship - failing that you could have tried flying to the co-ordinates given in various places, e.g:

and large list of shipwrecks:

Not exhaustive list though - Bug Killer doesn't seem to be listed there.

Yes, that's the list I'm using.

Go visit Voyager

I will, thanks for the tip.

Hmm... Unable to jump out there to confirm myself, but a number of sites went "missing" as a result of the Great FC Dumpsterfire of 2020, so it's possible that they didn't get it quite fixed yet. I know that after the patch that allegedly fixed it, I went to one planet that should have had a crashed Sidewinder, but there was absolutely nothing there. No signal, no site, no Sidey. And yes, I did bomb it with probes and I got the site location from Canonn, so I know it was legit.

I should have filed a bug report, I suppose, but now I don't remember where it was at.

Wouldn't have mattered anyway, since I can't tie it in with FCs, so it would automatically have been dropped to the "fix in 2024, if at all" list.

That's what must have happened.
Or perhaps the wreck got salvaged?

That's what must have happened.
Or perhaps the wreck got salvaged?
Not likely. Already found sites have remained persistent for as long as I can remember, unless changed specifically as part of, say, a community goal or interstellar initiative.

Nevertheless, your idea is exactly how I explained it to myself in my headcanon so's to keep from being frustrated. Not terribly unrealistic, either, since it was only a crashed Sidewinder and it was years since the wreck was found. Not much of a stretch to think that maybe some part of the pilot's family salvaged it when they found out. :)

FDev really need to get serious about checking those missing sites and putting them back in, though. It's not that it's a huge loss to be unable to find something that has already been discovered (except it's fun to "follow in the footsteps" of others and it's not like there are that many interesting sites to look at in the first place), but it does make me worry, being an explorer type, whether it's pointless since I might be wasting my time in the black, floating past numerous sites blissfully unaware because of a bug rather than any lack of attention on my part.

The latter is fine. The former... Isn't.

Ok, yesterday I used my Python the get a piece of the trit loop cake.
Continued exploring the wrecks today and found the one at Mandhrithar. Scoped up the Thargoid sensor but the thing is messing up my ship.
Any idea what I should do with the bloody thing?

Ok, yesterday I used my Python the get a piece of the trit loop cake.
Continued exploring the wrecks today and found the one at Mandhrithar. Scoped up the Thargoid sensor but the thing is messing up my ship.
Any idea what I should do with the bloody thing?

You can buy a type of cargo rack that protects the ship from the corrosion - "Corrosion Resistant Cargo Rack" is what to look for - the size 4 ones can be bought in a few places but the size 1 ones only at Palin and that new girl I think.

Top Bottom