Release Uncle Jack Shaftoe's ED Calendars

Elite: Dangerous has a vibrant community, and there's always something going on, both in-game as well as out-of-game. Expeditions, podcasts, PvP training, Interstellar Initiatives, etc. I've lost track of the number of times I've found out about an interesting event...three days it's already ended. To help minimize those occurrences, I decided to come up with a way to leave myself reminders of upcoming events to be able to plan what to get involved with when I've got time off. I'm a heavy user of Google Calendars, so I found it pretty natural to make a pair of calendars for Elite events.

There's a separate calendar for in-game (IG) and out-of-game (OOG) events. You can view either, both or none on your Google calendar. They're also easy to toggle on/off if things are getting too cluttered. Now you can glance at them when you have a spare moment eating lunch, waiting for an elevator, or between classes. I've set the calendar time zone to UTC, so it should correspond to in-game times. The time it shows on your personal calendar should be what time it occurs in your local time zone. I've cut and pasted a blurb in the body of the event, and included links to the Frontier Forum or Reddit posts, etc that gives more details. I don't include events that are restricted to a certain squadron, so what you see on the calendars should be open to everyone (platform dependant, of course). I'm also trying to limit how often ultra-long events (think: Distant Worlds) overwhelm things visually with a never-ending stripe, although that's not a hard-and-fast rule. In those cases I'll at least try to plunk down a calendar event on the planned beginning and end dates, with relevant information.

If you know of an event that you'd like me to include, email me at UncleJackShaftoe@gmail.com. I work an odd, rotating shift schedule (sometimes over 60 hours/week), so if I don't get back to you quickly I apologize. Please include a link to a Forum/Reddit/Group page if you can. Keep on flying, Cmdrs!
Uncle Jack Shaftoe's In-Game (IG) ED Calendar
Uncle Jack Shaftoe's Out-of-Game (OOG) Calendar
Elite: Dangerous Codex entry

edit: Added iCal & EDcodex links.

Last edited:
Emailed you some racing dates for your calendar. Might as well post them here too.

18.06.2020 - 26.06.2020 : Buckyball Racing Club presents Keys To The Carrier
http://buckyballracing.org.uk

26.07.2020 : Elite Racers 8WD Endurance Championship (Moriosong Rally Course)
09.08.2020 : Elite Racers 8WD Endurance Championship (Wasat Rally Course)
30.08.2020 : Elite Racers 8WD Endurance Championship (Brokpoi Rally Course)
13.09.2020 : Elite Racers 8WD Endurance Championship (Djambe Rally Course)
27.09.2020 : Elite Racers 8WD Endurance Championship (Hyldeptu Rally Course)
11.10.2020 : Elite Racers 8WD Endurance Championship (Skinfaxi Rally Course)
25.10.2020 : Elite Racers 8WD Endurance Championship (Ninsun Rally Course)
Reddit link

01.08.2020 : Alchemy Den's Road Trip 3306 (24hr charity livestream)

Last edited:
Added most of them now, but the hyperlink to the 'Keys to the Carrier' doesn't work...

Edit figured out the link, will add later. I think the date is a little off as well maybe?

Last edited:
Added most of them now, but the hyperlink to the 'Keys to the Carrier' doesn't work...

Edit figured out the link, will add later.
Whoops, missed off an 'r' - fixed in the post above now. The actual details for Keys To The Carrier aren't published yet but that's where people will be able to find it.

Another date for your calendar @Jack Shaftoe courtesy of @PrimetimeCasual.

becasNX.png

Just as Lave which is scheduled streams live every tuesday, "Elite Week" does a live stream every Friday night at 8pm Eastern US Time (00:00 UTC during the summer). It gets edited down over the weekend and released in podcast form but would love you to add our live recording time for people who enjoy a US based Elite Dangerous weekly talk show that covers news, reviews and interviews from all around the Elite Dangerous (and Space) galaxy! Also Hutton Orbital streams live every Thursday!

Just as Lave which is scheduled streams live every tuesday, "Elite Week" does a live stream every Friday night at 8pm Eastern US Time (00:00 UTC during the summer). It gets edited down over the weekend and released in podcast form but would love you to add our live recording time for people who enjoy a US based Elite Dangerous weekly talk show that covers news, reviews and interviews from all around the Elite Dangerous (and Space) galaxy! Also Hutton Orbital streams live every Thursday!

Added! Or more specifically, replaced the generic, all-day 'Elite Week Podcast' with a more time specific 'Elite Week Livestream', with a note in the body about the podcast following after editing. I've got a 'Hutton Orbital Radio' item on Thursday (20:30 UK time), but if I've got the time or something off, don't hesitate to correct me. Kai, I know you've got your finger on the pulse of happenings in the Elite universe like no one I've ever seen, so feel free to shoot me anything that you find out about, or think that I'm missing. I've been thinking of a way to put your Turning the Wheel on there, but not sure how to translate it into definitive dates... The phases seem to be more 'till the goal is met' type of thing.

Last edited:
Another one for the calendar ...

Winners announcement stream for the Exigeous/Buckyball Colonia speedrun competition - Tuesday 15th September, 6pm BST - over on Exigeous' twitch/youtube channels presumably.

Another one for the calendar ...
Winners announcement stream for the Exigeous/Buckyball Colonia speedrun competition - Tuesday 15th September, 6pm BST - over on Exigeous' twitch/youtube channels presumably.

Thanks for the info, I've updated both the deadline (IG calendar) as well as the winner announcement (OOGcalendar).

Top Bottom