Patch Notes Fleet Carriers Update - Patch 4 Patch Notes

There is somewhere on the order of 12,000 fleet carriers in the game so your limit would require they be spread over 36,000 systems.
...Out of the ~400 billion systems available. I don't see a problem here, there are plenty of systems for fleet cancer to park in where I won't have to deal with them
You could place 1,000 fleet carriers in orbit around the earth and you still wouldn't be able to see one from another.
Where they wouldn't nerf game performance, foul up navigation, or clutter the system map to a ludicrous degree. Because RL != game.

Also, your elementary math is fail.

Yep.

And introduced some other minor problems, most of which have workarounds/alternatives.

So, now that we have some background and distance, all this lamenting is seriously worrying me.
Because it shows that mental state of gaming community is somehow... not in the best shape.
There is no work around or alternative for playing in Wing in a Private Group.

I am currently playing a different over 5 year old game that is still working as released.

I can even play Darklands which is now over 30 YEARS old (pre Microsoft push for never ending forced broken patches as a way to push people into subscription services) and it works as it was released..

Both of these were BUY one TIME and PLAY for LIFE.

I don't think the problem is the "state of the gaming community". I think the problem is the state of the game DEVELOPMENT COMMUNITY in that they have adopted the NEW MICROSOFT programming approach. Break it often. Break it bad. Then charge extra for the fixes. Frontier is just being slow to roll out paid tech support..

(...)
Your experience seems to be a rarity.

Yet they are totally reproducible.

I have recorded some runs specifically for "unbelievers" .

And since when we define facts by voting?

There is no surprise, that MOST of any community will have problems quickly adapting to changes in environment.
There will be some do it faster, and rest will follow with time, as soon as they stop crying ;)
This is result of Gaussian distribution of personal traits that are needed to understand new "game rules" and find solutions.

Here, an example of a 200+ t/h Tritium run.
If you watch it you will notice how far from perfect it was.

Around 8:45 I have ejected almost all my limpets accidentally and had to synthesize them though the rest of run...
And still made 210t/h rate.

Source: https://youtu.be/-P9JzNa5NoU

There is no work around or alternative for playing in Wing in a Private Group.

I am currently playing a different over 5 year old game that is still working as released.

I can even play Darklands which is now over 30 YEARS old (pre Microsoft push for never ending forced broken patches as a way to push people into subscription services) and it works as it was released..

Both of these were BUY one TIME and PLAY for LIFE.

I don't think the problem is the "state of the gaming community". I think the problem is the state of the game DEVELOPMENT COMMUNITY in that they have adopted the NEW MICROSOFT programming approach. Break it often. Break it bad. Then charge extra for the fixes. Frontier is just being slow to roll out paid tech support..
...and they can ban u or u just lost inet.. price to see others.

I will rephrase. Long ago before path my all rounder could do 250t/hr. Now it do half. So it is nerfed.

Maybe it's time to try mining in a new place?

Here is my post about some Painite overlap that gives me pre-nerf yields / content% distribution in some runs and A BIT lower in others.

With charts and statistics that prove this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteMiners/comments/hxmate Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteMiners/comments/hxmate/painite2_overlap_immune_to_nerf/

Last edited:

How much new content did those games get over last years, compared to state when they were released?

No matter, rules will be changed tomm again.

Well, subject of this discussion was the current game experience, so it's more like tomorrow's patch does "not matter" :)
Unless we just can change subject in face of facts unfitting to our point of view.

Well, subject of this discussion was the current game experience, so it's more like tomorrow's patch does "not matter" :)
Unless we just can change subject in face of facts unfitting to our point of view.
Well, I should admit current mining is some fun, as it was year ago when I just started to play - slow enough. I didn't like last 2 rushes with VO/LTD. However it is broken yet. No-VO cores into VO spot ....
...and only I care now, that I want at most 20 man * hours to mine 65000ly fuel instead current 100-120 hrs.

I think the problem is that Tritium is the most profitable trade good in the game right now. Every bit of tritium will constantly be depleted for that reason alone. Just make it impossible to sell tritium to stations and you'll solve that problem and then probably have more than enough tritium for every single carrier.

But carriers are stations. I'm afraid what happens if they have to tinker around anymore.

Well, I should admit current mining is some fun, as it was year ago when I just started to play - slow enough. I didn't like last 2 rushes with VO/LTD. However it is broken yet. No-VO cores into VO spot ....
...and only I care now, that I want at most 20 man * hours to mine 65000ly fuel instead current 100-120 hrs.

Yes, mining is partially broken - never argued that.
It's generalizing broken parts (becasue someone liked them most) to the "whole game" is something that triggers me.

BTW.
I tested some VO hotspot.
Found only two VO cores.
After 35 minutes I had to fly back to FC because my "fast mining" Krait run out of cargo - I filled rest of cargo with Tritium was extracting "by the way" :)

If player's are so riled by a game, played for entertainment, they'd be better not playing at all.
Right, they aren't playing it - they're all engaged in their 2nd favorite pastime: whinging on the forums.

Or spectating - I dunno about the rest of you, but when Frontier announced they were nerfing LTDs I bought the popcorn* - plenty of salt to go with it on here ;-)

* and also sold my stockpile of LTDs and parked my carrier where it wouldn't bother anyone.

Until u need restock 25000 for any reason in Void. That is 100 man * hours. 2nd full time job for a month.

So basicaly u can say - each 65000ly in Void travel needs 1 months of 2nd job. No mater at once or in time.
I don't understant it.
From 1 side people, which think, that they need hundreds man to mine fuel, from other side people, which think that NOW can refill tank in 2-3 hours.
Who has right? xD

Haha.
Yes, "because coronavirus" seems like universal explanation for everything lately.

it's every bit as (in)valid as the inane "OP mining profits == record player numbers" argument that keeps coming back like a bad penny.

Pro tip: Correlation is not causation.

Oh wonderful another handful of token fixes, not addressing the core issues we've been trying to get you to do for YEARS in some cases.

You want the next expansion to sell well, you need to sort your house out.

I for one wont be buying it, and I wont be playing this pile of sh*t anymore so yeah well done Fdev thats one less carrier owner you need to worry about.

No fix for the 129 fleet carriers in the Robigo system?

In other words delete all their owners accounts. I am getting really expletive with this game now because of these moronic devices.
Try turning the filter for them off

Last edited:
I don't understant it.
From 1 side people, which think, that they need hundreds man to mine fuel, from other side people, which think that NOW can refill tank in 2-3 hours.
Who has right? xD
That depends on game vision. Initially FC supposed to be used by squadrons. Then 120 man * hours is ok.
However, in fact, it was released as solo playable. Devs changed their vision. This means 120 man * hours is not OK now at all.

Hm, maybe they could add "other players docking module". If module absent then all players except owner are undocked on jump and fuel is x6 effective. If module active then you transport others with less effectiveness of the fuel.

Last edited:
Top Bottom