The Galactic Mapping Project & Historical Archive of Exploration

Deleted member 240115

D
@Kazahnn Drahnn - The entry for Deep Space 12 needs a correction:

https://www.edsm.net/en/system/id/53590167/name/Flyoo+Prao+JC-B+d1-5

Nearest Tritium Hotspot: Unknow at this time

There's a typo there, however, I also submitted a nearby tritium location. Might was well replace the typo with the updated info?

Flyoo Prao FC-X c4-0 A 4

Also for Deep Space 27:

https://www.edsm.net/en/system/id/53567526/name/Eishoqs+QM-J+c10-1

Nearest tritium is Eishoqs LA-R b21-0 2 (Double Hotspot)

The original posts have been updated.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...t-expedition-hub.116450/page-245#post-8545819

and

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...t-expedition-hub.116450/page-245#post-8544364

Thanks!

@Kazahnn Drahnn - The entry for Deep Space 12 needs a correction:

https://www.edsm.net/en/system/id/53590167/name/Flyoo+Prao+JC-B+d1-5

There's a typo there, however, I also submitted a nearby tritium location. Might was well replace the typo with the updated info?

Flyoo Prao FC-X c4-0 A 4

Also for Deep Space 27:

https://www.edsm.net/en/system/id/53567526/name/Eishoqs+QM-J+c10-1

Nearest tritium is Eishoqs LA-R b21-0 2 (Double Hotspot)

The original posts have been updated.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...t-expedition-hub.116450/page-245#post-8545819

and

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...t-expedition-hub.116450/page-245#post-8544364

Thanks!

Sure I can do that!
Both information are updated. :cool:

DSSA [IGAU] Deep Space 12:

DSSA [IGAU] Deep Space 27:

Name:UPDATE to Dryau Ausms KG-Y e3390 (The Dryau Awesomes)
Game map search ref:Dryau Ausms KG-Y e3390
Description:Dryau Ausms KG-Y e3390 AB 2 A and B is mentioned in EDSM as a "near collision", however, it appears that they actually full on collide, like in Ellairb SJ-B b42-10 (Lair of Unicorns). Unsure on how often it happens.
Screenshot reference:View attachment 181929

Can you land on the surface and drive to where the other planet joins it?

Name:The Body and Mind
Game map search ref:Eafots BV-G d10-29
Description:This system, which neighbors the Heart and Soul nebulae, harbors two rare habitable worlds. The first, which is ringed, orbits a planetary brown dwarf and as an extremely high ice composition. The second, which also orbits a brown dwarf, has a close moon. The system also has several terraformables providing for an excellent outpost location and stopping place for the many lore-seekers who pass through the area.
Screenshot reference:Photography by RearAdmiralFlaps
unknown.png
unknown.png

Planetary nebula are not accepted for the GMP any more unless they are exceptionally interesting.
If this is now so, why not add this to the first post? You could also send people to the CGN there - you once said this too. That would save you the time spent on writing rejection posts (you could just write RTFP - Read The First Post :p ), and the submitted PNs would still be on a map: a win-win for everyone.

Oh, and if somebody finds a planetary nebula outside the core that's not yet listed, I'd recommend the GMP to them too. Although unfortunately, this hasn't happened yet - I'm afraid we've likely run out of unlisted PNs outside the core.

Oh, and if somebody finds a planetary nebula outside the core that's not yet listed, I'd recommend the GMP to them too
Well, I guess, I know one. We found it in June during the IRRE expedition.
Name:The Conjunction of the Spheres
Game map search ref:Plua Flee FL-Y e2
Description:Nice little hourglass-like planetary nebula in the Norma-Outer Arm near the Ishtar region. It is located about 22k Lys from the Galactic Centre, which makes it one of the few planetary nebulae in the Outer Rim.
Screenshot reference:
qAzmTNW.jpg

zW30FmW.jpg

If this is now so, why not add this to the first post? You could also send people to the CGN there - you once said this too. That would save you the time spent on writing rejection posts (you could just write RTFP - Read The First Post :p ), and the submitted PNs would still be on a map: a win-win for everyone.

Oh, and if somebody finds a planetary nebula outside the core that's not yet listed, I'd recommend the GMP to them too. Although unfortunately, this hasn't happened yet - I'm afraid we've likely run out of unlisted PNs outside the core.

Actually, I keep forgetting about the CGN. Sorry about that.

I'll ask Erimus if he can update the first post.

Actually, I keep forgetting about the CGN. Sorry about that.

I'll ask Erimus if he can update the first post.

I've updated the PN description as suggested (y)

pns.jpg

Name:Peng's Dark Moons
Game map search ref:Eol Prou NS-U f2-2681*
Description:Not far from the Clover and Peng nebulae, north of Colonia, is this Class IV gas giant hosting an ELW with a landable and geologically active moon. What makes this world rare is the fact that the Class IV giant solely orbits a black hole. There are 2 distant neutron stars in the system which, along with tidal forces from the gas giant, allow life to form on this completely dark world.
Screenshot reference:
y28jPvz.png

v8IxlRa.png
*This system happens to be in the same subsector as another, somewhat similar, POI, but I believe that this is unique enough to be included on the map.

Name:Haro's World
Game map search ref:Phae Chreou EG-Y g252
Description:The Ae/Be protostar component of this binary system has an Earth-like moon orbiting planet 9, a volcanic HMC world. An oddity for such a main stellar body, especially considering it's young age of only 2 million years. Life in this world must have evolved very quickly, and will probably dissapear as quick as it came, once the Herbig has joined the main sequence star and becomes larger and brighter.
Named after Guillermo Haro, he was one of the first astronomers, alongside with George Herbig, that studied in detail the emission these kind of stars make.
Screenshot reference:
Phae Chreou JM-W f1-69(A)_00002.png

QxSz9QW.png

SmThWEZ.png
I was told this could be a good submission, I don't know how many ELW are around Ae/Be stars but I'm sure there might be better examples. Still, I'm posting it here for the sake of it.

I am really bad at naming things anyway.

Name:Turbamentum (Latin for mess or disarray)
Game map search ref:Dryoea Flyuae BQ-F d11-3519
Description:About 3000 light years from Colonia is a system in which none of the planets agree where the orbital plane is supposed to be. At first glance the system looks quite normal until you realize the orbits seem to have been chosen at random.
Screenshot reference:
Elite - Dangerous (CLIENT) 8_7_2020 10_16_40 PM.png
Elite - Dangerous (CLIENT) 8_7_2020 10_16_19 PM.png
I don't know how common this sort of thing is. I have seen this sort of thing before but never to this extent so I am posting this just for the heck of it. If anyone knows if this is a common occurrence feel free to let me know.

Name:Rhubarb and Custard
Game map search ref:KOI 413
Description:This may seem like a very ordinary system but planets 1 (Rhubarb) and 2 (Custard) share almost exactly the same orbit but with an orbital period of 24.6 days and 15.2 days. As a result they will pass every 39.8 days. The only difference is the orbital tilt which is 88.81 and 89.38 which means there is less than a 1 degree difference between them.

The furthest possible passing point would have their surfaces 97,145km apart or 1.3 radii but some orbits would result in a head on collision.

On the 9th August 3306 Canonn Interstellar embarked on an expedition to observe a near miss so that a schedule of close approaches could be calculated. The planets passed so close that it was not possible to determine if they actually touched or not. However it was possible to estimate a schedule.

The next two impacts will be 27/10/3306 22:00 and 06/12/3306 17:00. These will be unambiguous.

Then on 23/06/3307 15:00 There will be a head on impact with the planets passing almost completely through each other.

The planets themselves area beautiful shade of pink and yellow, like rhubarb and custard. Local legend has it that the planets were originally red and yellow respectively but the frequent collisions have caused the colours to mix. Of course there is no scientific evidence to back such assertions.

In addition to the two gas giants there is a water world

Schedule of collisions

Approximate Date/TimeExpected Impact
06/12/3306 17:00:00Major Impact
15/01/3307 12:00:00Major Impact
23/06/3307 15:00:00Head On Collision
29/11/3307 18:00:00Major Impact
08/01/3308 13:00:00Major Impact
06/05/3308 21:00:00Too close to call
15/06/3308 16:00:00Major Impact
21/11/3308 19:00:00Major Impact
31/12/3308 14:00:00Minor Impact
29/04/3309 22:00:00Minor Impact
Screenshot reference:
unknown.png

KOI_413_2_LCU_No_Fool_Like_One_00030.png

20200809024848_1.jpg

20200809030428_1.jpg

Last edited:
Carrier’s Insignia:
c1small-png.170848
Carrier Name:HSRC Limpet's Call
Carrier Class:Nautilus Class
Designated Region:Ryker's Hope
System:Phroi Bluae QI-T e3-3454
Commission Date (date signed up to the DSSA):25 April 3306
Carrier Construction Date:6 July 3306
Construction Location:Jaques Station, Colonia
Maiden Jump(s):Eol Prou KW-M d7-2351 (6 July 3306)
In-service Date (date the vessel began its DSSA service):9 August 3306
Services Available:Repair, Refuel, Armory, Shipyard, Outfitting, Universal Cartographics
Tariff % Set:2%
Commodities Bought/Sold on Carrier:Unknown at this time
Nearest Tritium Hotspot:Unknown at this time
Carrier Info (optional):The HSRC Limpet's Call, the flagship of the Seal fleet, is the first of three Seal carriers to be deployed in the galaxy. The headquarters of Galactic Seal Operations, she supports the Deep Space Support Array, servicing the Ryker's Hope Region of the galaxy.

Her deployment is a return of the Seals to history, being stationed at the former Waypoint 9 of the Distant Worlds 2 expedition, which was the event that gave rise to the Seals. Stepping back into history, but always forward, the carrier will be a respite and safe haven for all CMDRs making the trek from Sagittarius A* toward Beagle Point.
Screenshot:
GMP_POI_HSRCLC2.png

Second screenshot, in case that one doesn't work:

GMP_POI_HSRCLC.png

Carrier Insignia:
DSSA NEST INSIGNIA.png
Carrier Name:DSSA Nest
Carrier Class:Nautilus Class
Designated Region:Mare Somnia
System:Uctailts UD-S d4-3
Commission Date (date signed up to the DSSA):April 5th 3306
Carrier Construction Date:June 11th 3306
Construction Location:Jacques Station, Colonia
Maiden Jump(s):Luchtaine for fueling (June 11th 3306)
Eol Prou HS-A b31-103 for maiden voyage (June 30th 3306)
In-Service Date (date the vessel began its DSSA service):July 22nd 3306
Services Available:Repair, Armory, Shipyard, Outfitting, Universal Cartographics
Tariff % Set:5%
Commodities Bought/Sold on Carrier:Will Buy Tritium at 50,000 CR/T
Will Sell Tritium at 60,000 CR/T
Nearest Tritium Hotspot:Unknown at this time
Carrier Info:The Nest set off from Colonia in June 3306. She traveled across the core to rendezvous with the DSSA Callisto for refueling on July 2nd and arrived at her final destination on July 22nd, 3306.

The DSSA Nest now acts as a base of operations for researching forms of life found on the northeastern galactic rim. Should any traveler or explorer find themselves in Mare Somnia, they will find that the Nest offers at least a few of the comforts of home to ease their journey.
Screenshot:
20200701213942_1.jpg

Top Bottom