Patch Notes Fleet Carriers Update - Patch 4 Patch Notes

Wait, do you really get 5-7 fragments per missile, or did you just read about it? I'm doing a lot of SSD mining and 4 fragments are already a sensation. It's usually 3 or less to me. What am I doing wrong? 🥴

Right on. I did 2 BILLION CR of mining and never got more than 3 fragments from an SSD.

No one is disputing that mining had some exploitable glitches that allowed people to accrue credits far too quickly and that likely resulted in an explosion of fleet carriers. From the abrasion blaster bugs of the VO gold-rush to the respawning of SSDs, there are bugs that needed to be patched. No one has any issue with putting in work to acquire reward; it's the AMOUNT of work for little to no reward that is the issue.

Right on again.. When I started mining everything worked as advertised and I mined in multi-crew to give a friend with Lewys Body Syndrome (look it up. It is a nasty thing to have.) a way to sit a computer next to me play the game. It was interesting that he could do a better job with the mining tools than I can because LBS is kind'a making him like an idiot savant.
Then a patch made multi-crew impossible so we started play two ships in wing.
Then a patch made some of the tools not work as advertised, especially in wing but with some experimentation I found that getting rid of the turreted mining tools solved most of the issues.
Then a Patch reversed that.
Then we got the FC's and now, at least for me and my friend, NOTHING WORKS!!!
No Private Group.
No Wing.
Even OPEN out in the Black we still cannot wing and the mining tools we have with us don't work.
I can say with some confidence, that if Frontier doesn't have all this fixed before they release the new Game, I will probably let my subscription die. My friend's LBS has progressed to the point where he really needs to be riding shotgun as crew.

Right on. I did 2 BILLION CR of mining and never got more than 3 fragments from an SSD.

Right on again.. When I started mining everything worked as advertised and I mined in multi-crew to give a friend with Lewys Body Syndrome (look it up. It is a nasty thing to have.) a way to sit a computer next to me play the game. It was interesting that he could do a better job with the mining tools than I can because LBS is kind'a making him like an idiot savant.
Then a patch made multi-crew impossible so we started play two ships in wing.
Then a patch made some of the tools not work as advertised, especially in wing but with some experimentation I found that getting rid of the turreted mining tools solved most of the issues.
Then a Patch reversed that.
Then we got the FC's and now, at least for me and my friend, NOTHING WORKS!!!
No Private Group.
No Wing.
Even OPEN out in the Black we still cannot wing and the mining tools we have with us don't work.
I can say with some confidence, that if Frontier doesn't have all this fixed before they release the new Game, I will probably let my subscription die. My friend's LBS has progressed to the point where he really needs to be riding shotgun as crew.
Game aside, that is a very touching story. I know you didn’t post it for this reason but +1 to you for being a good friend. LBS is a terrible business.

Wait, do you really get 5-7 fragments per missile, or did you just read about it? I'm doing a lot of SSD mining and 4 fragments are already a sensation. It's usually 3 or less to me. What am I doing wrong? 🥴

I got 5-7 fragments per missile for LTD only. No matter how high or low the blue was.

LTD subsurface deposits definately dropped more than other minerals.

..tried to read all above till may post - nope my English is bad.
..please consider to lower 65000 ly trit needed to be get (mined/anything) at most 24 Earth hours of work ..pure at most....if u play 2 hrs/day that would go 10-12 days.

May I ask where this has happened (or even still does)? If in Borann, it would confirm my speculation about this place being heavily screwed up by FDev to create a quick road to riches/FCs. That said, I also never saw a LTD SSD, not even when I actually was mining for Tritium in an LTD hotspot. Which works surprisingly well (another bug or unexpected side-effect whatsoever).

This is at any LTD SSD. They just seem to pay out more than other minerals.

Why do you need a full tank? You can always move step by step: jumping, scouting for Tritium, mine, jump. With the scouting part you perfectly mix it with exploring, which finally becomes a compelling reason. Same goes for the mining part of course. And an artificial survival loop with a pinch of an adventure, if you like. That's never going to get old, not for me at least! 😁

I completely agree with you on this.
But tritium mining in non-tritium hotspots with SSD missiles but don't forget to crack the asteroid before, or you are f$$ked...
For me, it is not a challenge, just a long and painfull process, neither rewarding nor gratifying.

Laser mining in (debugged) single hotspots is a challenge to me and I gladly did it in beta 1.
But since patch 3 ? meh... I'll pass and wait for patch 4.

And if you want a real survival challenge, try mining tritium outside of hotspots for fun ;)

Now, I realise that you, being the single greatest player the game has ever seen,

Yes, it's absolutely logical conclusion from my posts:

That I am the best SSD miner in ED, based probably on this part where I described video of my mining run :
"Another run - this time I got 210t/h although my mining was still chaotic at times, wasted some charges
AND have ejected almost all limpets after few minutes (set amount to 90 instead of 9...) and had to synthesize them later. "

It sounds exactly like bragging about my skills.
And absolutely not like I was trying to say, that even unskilled pilot in far-from-perfect run can get my results.

And that I can earn credits like nobody else.
Here is the proof
"FD has not patched OP and glitched LTD mining in time, what resulted in absurd outcome - every player, even new, could become multi billionaire after a few days of playing. "
Yes, it sounds like I brag that I am the only one who can earn billions in a few days.

And the rest...

My posts about tritium SSD mining were specifically directed to prove that
"We can't mine any Tritium after the patch"
is false, because it is based on false assumption that LASER mining is the only way to mine Tri.

So it really surprises me, that you write in answers to MY posts an essay/rant/attack about Tritium mining inefficiency?

You must have seen my post where I compared buying Tritium vs mining Tritium and calculated that
7 hours spent on Mine Painite / buy Tritium
are as efficient as
80+ hours of mining ?

So why you try to explain to me things that I not only know, but also analyzed HERE using some basic math?

(...) I hopping about trying laser mining (...)

LASER mining of Tri/LTD It's broken.
LTD is a song of the past.

With Tri we have luckily an EMERGENCY solution - SSD mining with pre-nerf results.
I did 160-210 t/h.

So are the facts, known for almost three weeks.

I write it again and again, for days, trying to help those, who missed this information.

Why so many are so desperately trying to ignore/suppress the facts, that they attack the messenger instead, is still not fully clear to me :unsure:

. That said, I also never saw a LTD SSD, not even when I actually was mining for Tritium in an LTD hotspot.

I saw a few LTD SSDs.
In VO hotspots

And a few LTD Cores
in Tri and VO hotspots

I consider mining "random resources in random hotspots" as a kind of bonus content :
"game of chance"
introduced accidentally by FD.

PS. no rants about how useless it is and how it should be.
It is what it is, until the patch drops.

I expect similar discussion after that though :)

Pssst.
FDev please don't read it ;)

Did I mention, that when I was first trying the Tri/LTD hotspot for Tri SSD mining.
I have discovered that logging off and back RESPAWNS the depleted Tritium SSDs?

Not like it had any practical use : I got so many SSDs in almost every rock that reacted to Pulse Wave, that using "respawn" trick would be slower.

It's just an "useless fact" that proves "manual" tinkering in game code focusing on LTD SSDs only.

There was one funny moment though:
laser mining said painite has got to be one of the most utterly boring and uninteresting "gameplay loops" I've ever encountered in my life, while the silly spinning asteroid watch the chart SSD missile game was actually moderately engaging while still being relaxed enough that I could watch a show or movie at the same time on the other monitor and that's the experience I personally want back.

According to this forum:

SSD mining Painite = a bit challenging but cool!
Laser mining Painite = boring and too easy !

SSD mining Tritium = useless and too hard.
Laser mining Tritium = cool, because so easy !

This is only your problem.
Mining trit is possible, and effective. Only your fault, that you can't mining with other tools than laser
PS: I don't like core mining, frontier pls gib me opals to mining via lasers.
PSsst!
He probably was sharing how he misses SSD Painite mining.
I am not sure though, because it was too emotional for me any my eyes became wet from tears.

Clearly no one cares about your results that you've seen. You're certainly in the minority and likely in a niche within even that.
Not at all true, although an overabundance of redundant statements is not good forum etiquette imo. But you really have no clue who is "in the minority" because not all Cmdrs post here on the forum, and the "majority" you imply is a vocal lot who have been personally offended by a lot of stuff and feel the need to vent whether or not they say things of relevance to everyone. Quite a few others have posted support for the idea that mining regularly to support carrier exploration is a fully viable solution for those willing to employ the method, and their posts are a positive response to an obviously not optimal (but also not hopeless) situation, a way of saying "here's what you can do now if you are ready to take useful steps."

There was one funny moment though:

According to this forum:

SSD mining Painite = a bit challenging but cool!
Laser mining Painite = boring and too easy !

SSD mining Tritium = useless and too hard.
Laser mining Tritium = cool, because so easy !
I didn't say anything about tritium, and I didn't call SSD mining of painite "challenging" or "cool". I specifically said engaging. I didn't say painite mining was too easy either, I did say it was boring. Tritium? I didn't say anything about it. Clearly you're just here to get the last word in like a child, and since you clearly just make crap up about what other people have posted here while even quoting them, no wonder no one is interested in what you have to say.

This is only your problem.
Mining trit is possible, and effective. Only your fault, that you can't mining with other tools than laser

See, you guys are such geniuses(it's great to see that Just Ice isn't alone). Thanks for telling me about tritium. Guess what? I didn't mention tritium. So what are you going on about?

And I want only core mining. With 10... nah, lest make it doable for "peasants" (I hope I will be asked why "peasants" again"),
15 seconds from planting first charge to explosion.
OTHERWISE GAME WILL BE SO TRIVIAL AND EASY!!!

Last edited:
I didn't say anything about tritium, and I didn't call SSD mining of painite "challenging" or "cool". I specifically said engaging. I didn't say painite mining was too easy either, I did say it was boring. Tritium? I didn't say anything about it. (...)

You are just too new to understand the context of my answer.
It was much more then your post.

No offense, just a fact.

I don't feel like explaining it, you would need to read this thread from the beginning to instantly understand what I was referring to.
And I do not recommend it.
Waste of time :)

I'd suggest to take a step back from irony, because I'm afraid this is a bit too much for brand new players reading here (even worse for non native readers). :)
Especially brand new raging players...

Well, funny fact:
I come from a family of peasants.
My grandparents were poor peasants.
And I still love using this word in some "unfitting" context.
Having distance to yourself is something that you have to work hard for, I recommend it though.

PS. Not as hard as SSD mining tritium of course.

Top Bottom