Elephant Butt Leather on PC!

What’s the problem? Samsung Odyssey + GTX 1070 + i7 6700K = whatever that is.

Until I upgraded my gear the shadows of the toast rack at every station looked like breakfast in a food blender, just s**t rolling round.
You just need to open up and admit you’ve got an eye for butt leather, elephant or otherwise. Free yourself from the ludicrous constraints of an oppressive society and embrace the butt leather.

*Obviously all is said in jest, or I’d still have the 1070, the wibbly wobbly stuff and I couldn’t have typed this out for embracing a big elephant butt.

What in Satan's Playground is this horrible, flickering mess? It sure isn't the "Ultra Shadows" I have selected in my settings!

Even the 'ultra' preset is pretty bad.

There is also no easy one-size-fits-all fix, especially for cockpit shadows, as many problems are ultimately down to the geometry itself, which is pretty sloppy in some places.

Where is the fish-kissing shadow guy? Save me from this horror!!

How do you know I'm not the fish?

My custom shadow tables should be a noticeable improvement overall, but if you spend a lot of time in ships with special needs (Viper, Anaconda, Dolphin), some further tuning could be beneficial. I've toyed with the idea of replacing all the shadow presets with shadows adapted to specific ships.

What in Satan's Playground is this horrible, flickering mess? It sure isn't the "Ultra Shadows" I have selected in my settings!

View attachment 182556

View attachment 182557

View attachment 182558

I guess dirty routers affect PC as much as they do PS4s....

Where is the fish-kissing shadow guy? Save me from this horror!!
Well, I remember your posts concerning the cheap car seat upholstery looking shadows on console, and before being able to explain that PC suffers the Frontier (i.e 'We Don't Care And Haven't Done Since 2014) Effect, you went ahead and bought into the Super Race only to find.. What you found. Hope that you are as satisfied in your purchase(s) as me and many others are, and will spread the word to the video gaming world...

Maybe you should try an Xbox now, different models are available, try them all.

Just don't compare the performance vs quality setting, they're the same since FCs.

Old Duck... you do realise that YOU have brought the infection with you when you migrated from the darkside? Old Duck must be quarantined before this spreads!!!!
That was so two diseases ago. Now we quarantine the healthy.

I am using an Nvidia 2080ti. I am not getting the feathered shadows. The pictures smell of shadow mapping with too small a shadow map buffer.

I am also not updated with the latest 7/09/2020 driver [451./67]. Don't know if that is the difference. I have the 06/24/2020 ones [451.48]

Last edited:
I've toyed with the idea of replacing all the shadow presets with shadows adapted to specific ships.
The Orca is probably the worst when it comes to EBL, followed by the Dolphin. I'm guessing this has to do with the smooth, rounded surfaces vs geometric flat surfaces found in most the other ships I fly.

That was so two diseases ago. Now we quarantine the healthy.

I am using an Nvidia 2080ti. I am not getting the feathered shadows. The pictures smell of shadow mapping with too small a shadow map buffer.

I am also not updated with the latest 7/09/2020 driver [451./67]. Don't know if that is the difference. I have the 06/24/2020 ones [451.48]

1080ti running the reverb, driver 425.31 is the sweet spot for me.

Top Bottom